Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what the? cant talk?

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 13, 2011
im pretty sure this is bug and no mute cause it happened twice and for no reason. nothing pops up when i press enter and it happens when i log in

Administrator
Question, have you been pressing Enter twice before trying to chat? Why I ask is that if you've completely closed your chat window, you will have to press Enter once to bring it up and then Enter again to begin chatting. After ruling that out, any additional information you could give us about this issue would be helpful.

In addition, you'll want to contact support@pirate101.com if this problem persists. When you contact them, please provide as much detail as possible:

1. Confirm username (which account are you playing)
2. What area were you trying to access when this happened?
3. What time (approximately) was it?
4. Please attach game logs for further review (see below for more instructions).
5. Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

Instructions for sending game logs:
Use your email service to add an attachment. Drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated). Then just hit send!

If this is too large for your email server to attach or send, then open the game folder, go to the the bin folder again and locate the Captain.log. Right click on the log file and select Save as Zip (or similar wording - will vary depending on your specific operating system). Then, go back to your email and attach the newly zipped Captain.log.zip file.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
This bug does happen a lot upon porting to others. After porting I often have to refresh my pirate by reselecting it and coming back into the server.

Captain
May 13, 2011
i just had to go from pirate and reselect. happened when i logged in inside the brawling hall (pvp house closest to shops)

Ensign
Dec 07, 2008
Closing and reopening the chat window has always fixed this issue when it happens to me. The hotkey for that is "O". Hopefully it works for you also so you do not have to keep logging out to fix it.

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
this happened on me too, i gotta like literrly text chat and menu chat and my open chat wont work, i gotta like punch my keyboard and mess around with it, and touch buttons and ect. then it starts working, but when it doesnt it just brings up my pirate map, srsly?