Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Conflicting/confusing crown shop items

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I can appreciate the cool "sale' weve been offered on Crownshop items, however putting one item on sale, and one that is not, with the same name is somewhat confusing.

I selected the Prancing Pony (Permanent) "Very Fast" mount for 3500 crowns (sale price) and purchased it. I wanted a second one, so I clicked buy again, it showed me the Prancing Pony (permanant) and sold it to me.

Sounds innocent... but the crown shop changed the selected item from the sale item to the item that was the same name, and NOT on sale. So it tricked me into spending 5000 crowns on an item with exactly the same name and not as good statistics (ouch.. double burn).

I've submitted a request for a refund but have yet to hear back from them. The fact that the crownshop changed my selected item, and to an item with EXACTLY the same name and looks, which cost more (and isnt as good, its only "fast") is a bit sneaky although I am sure it was not on purpose.

Thought I would bring this to others attention.... have a nice day.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Administrator
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I'm glad you contacted support, and this definitely doesn't sound like it's working as intended. I'll have someone look into it to see what's going on here.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I believe I know what happened.

After purchasing your pony, the cursor simply moved back to it's 'default' position. Which is the slower version of the pony.

A good tip is to always double check, even triple check to make sure, before confirming a purchase.