Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Okay... I have questions!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 11, 2010
So I have a few questions about advancements or additions to this already great game...

1. Are there plans for a Pirate Bazaar such as the one in Wizard101?

2. Will pirates be able to add furniture to their ships and go below deck?

3. Why are Heavy Armor outfits only available to Privateers and Buccaneers?

4. Are there plans for a new world at the moment?
( I'm not asking for specific details, mainly just yes or no)

5. Is there an online Test Realm for Pirate101?
(I assume that there is but I cant seem to find it and how to download it)

6. Will pirates be able to preview houses before they purchase them?

7. Is there a pet shop in the Spiral, and if not, will there be one?

I was hoping to hear from One-Eyed Jack about my questions but anyone who can help me, please post.

Thank You,
Josh Xavier, Level 17 Musketeer

Community Leader
Josh Dragonbreeze on Nov 27, 2012 wrote:
So I have a few questions about advancements or additions to this already great game...

I was hoping to hear from One-Eyed Jack about my questions but anyone who can help me, please post.

Thank You,
1. Yes. There is a bazaar coming, they just haven't said when yet.
2. This is a hotly requested feature that we don't have any word on yet.
3. The classes are differentiated by gear in some ways, and Buccaneers and Privateers are supposed to be the "heavy's". You should be able to equip heavy gear onto any class, but you'll have to spend practice points to get the ability from the Bucc or Priv trainers.
4. There is always a plan for a new expansion. A lot of folks think one of the next worlds will be Marleybone as there is already a stormgate marked for it, but the devs have not announced what the next expansion will be yet.
5. There is a test realm but I don't think there is anything in it currently. They last used it to test the latest major patch that included the changes to late combat joining.
6. They have not implemented this yet. As it is a feature in Wizard 101, I would imagine it will come to Pirate 101 eventually, but I don't think they have said so yet.
7. No pet shop in the game at this time. Again another hotly requested feature. I think the last we heard on it was they were thinking about whether to add one.

If One-Eyed Jack has an official update on any of the questions I couldn't answer, I'm sure he'll let us know!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Josh Dragonbreeze on Nov 27, 2012 wrote:

Thank You,
All of your questions could have been answered if you read the other threads on the board

Ensign
Jun 11, 2010
Talkin The Plank on Nov 27, 2012 wrote:
3. The classes are differentiated by gear in some ways, and Buccaneers and Privateers are supposed to be the "heavy's". You should be able to equip heavy gear onto any class, but you'll have to spend practice points to get the ability from the Bucc or Priv trainers.
4. There is always a plan for a new expansion. A lot of folks think one of the next worlds will be Marleybone as there is already a stormgate marked for it, but the devs have not announced what the next expansion will be yet.
5. There is a test realm but I don't think there is anything in it currently. They last used it to test the latest major patch that included the changes to late combat joining.
6. They have not implemented this yet. As it is a feature in Wizard 101, I would imagine it will come to Pirate 101 eventually, but I don't think they have said so yet.
7. No pet shop in the game at this time. Again another hotly requested feature. I think the last we heard on it was they were thinking about whether to add one.

If One-Eyed Jack has an official update on any of the questions I couldn't answer, I'm sure he'll let us know!
Thank you SOOO much. I appreciate it.

Administrator
As a side note, our Test Realm is one that will only come online when there is new content that needs to be tested. The Test Realm is currently offline. We'll be sure to announce the Test Realm when it comes online.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
May 07, 2011
Talkin The Plank on Nov 27, 2012 wrote:

As for question #3, I am a swashbuckler and I can't equip heavy armor. I have been to both buccaneer and privateer and I cannot get that ability (it doesn't even show). From what I've been hearing certain classes can't get it because swashbucklers and musketeers are supposed to be light on their feet in battle and in reality heavy armor would slow someone down and therefore these classes can't access this ability.

Bosun
May 10, 2010

Yes, there are plans for a Bazaar or Auction House, we must be patient though, I am sure that is not going to be an easy accomplishment, especially with all the gear, prices, and classes.

It is a great idea and JTodd did state that they were going to eventually have captains cabins, so again, we must be patient as this game just came out, some things take time.

Each class has its strengths and its weaknesses. Some classes have multiattacks, some have vengeance, some have first striken some have heavy armor, some have light armor, they help to keep the classes a bit more equal and not overpowered to another class. Although, imo, Privateers and Buccaneers are still a bit underpowered to the other classes!

I am sure there are tons of plans for new worlds and more content, patience is a virtue!

When Test Real is online, there will be a link to download it.

I am sure this feature is also being worked on.

There were vendors in Beta, I am sure they will return in the future or all be put in the crown shop, hopefully some will be for gold eventually, who knows?

Community Leader
On #3 Heavy Armor, here's the Players' Guide page about who gets light or heavy armor talents:

http://www.pirate101.com/free_game/players_guide/pirate/armor

Privateers and Buccaneers get both Light and Heavy armor; they're the only ones with access to wear Heavy.

Swashbucklers get Light armor only.

Muskateers and Witchdoctors don't get armor talents at all for free, but they can use a Practice Point to learn Light armor from one of the other trainers.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Mar 10, 2009
Hey Jack, I beg to differ on #3 above...I am a lvl 30 Musketeer, and I spent a practice point early on for light armor, but i have gone to the Privateer and Buccaneer trainers more than once, and Heavy Armor is NOT an option for Musketeers. It wont even show up on the list. Am I missing something? can you clarify pls?

Thanks,
Brody Ironside
Lvl 30 Musketeer

Administrator
Sierra Starsong on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
On #3 Heavy Armor, here's the Players' Guide page about who gets light or heavy armor talents:

http://www.pirate101.com/free_game/players_guide/pirate/armor

Privateers and Buccaneers get both Light and Heavy armor; they're the only ones with access to wear Heavy.

Swashbucklers get Light armor only.

Muskateers and Witchdoctors don't get armor talents at all for free, but they can use a Practice Point to learn Light armor from one of the other trainers.
This!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
Yeah, my mistake. I play a Buccaneer as my main character so haven't tried to find heavy armor for another character, but you're right: Privateer and Buccaneer are the only classes with access to the Heavy Armor ability. Sorry for the confusion! Also, that was me that posted that, not One-Eyed Jack!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Dec 11, 2012
Does anyone know if they will make grizzleheim and have bear companions in it?