Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unsinkable Ships?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 12, 2012
I was in a vortex and i was litterally owning this ship and it wouldnt die,i never got close to it but it went down to like one health and i kept spamming attacks the thing was i had potions i used to keep healing.For some reason didnt sinkTHEN i got a friend to help me kill the ship we both spammed attacks never got close

It didnt die Is this like some story line where you have to join the battle? i rather just blow it to bits

I am now

lvl 50

But i do have questions is it just main?

Community Leader
Yes, there are some ships in the game (all for main story quests, I think) that you can't sink and have to board to defeat. I remember them being marked as "Unsinkable" on their name plate, though, so you don't waste your time trying

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Deadeye Andrew Car... on Nov 7, 2012 wrote:
I was in a vortex and i was litterally owning this ship and it wouldnt die,i never got close to it but it went down to like one health and i kept spamming attacks the thing was i had potions i used to keep healing.For some reason didnt sinkTHEN i got a friend to help me kill the ship we both spammed attacks never got close

It didnt die Is this like some story line where you have to join the battle? i rather just blow it to bits

I am now

lvl 50

But i do have questions is it just main?
Ships in a vortex are usually unsinkable. That's why they have "unsinkable" underneath their health bar that appears on the top of your screen. This is because they want you to board the ship and attack that way.

Petty Officer
Aug 22, 2010
Those unsinkable ships are story plotted so you have to board them. If you look at the ships name after you target it you will notice it says... unsinkable... under its name. Also your ship can still be boarded by the unsinkables even if your ship is at full health, once you are in red range.

When I see the unsinkables I don't bother to shoot at them. I just run my ship close & let them board me.

Ensign
Jan 23, 2009
Robert Quick on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
Those unsinkable ships are story plotted so you have to board them. If you look at the ships name after you target it you will notice it says... unsinkable... under its name. Also your ship can still be boarded by the unsinkables even if your ship is at full health, once you are in red range.

When I see the unsinkables I don't bother to shoot at them. I just run my ship close & let them board me.
I get the storyline so then why fight in the air at all? I never get it, its seems a waste of time.

Ensign
Feb 14, 2010
to fight is to be a pirate if you dont use your ship then your not a pirate thats the game use your ship to get around sink and enjoy taa daa

Petty Officer
Aug 22, 2010
Elder Wizard Sojo on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:
I get the storyline so then why fight in the air at all? I never get it, its seems a waste of time.
That's why I just rush the unsinkables to board them instead of trying to shoot them up. The whole point of making some of the vortex ships unsinkable was to add difficulty to make the game more challenging.

But all the skyway ships are sinkable so there is plenty of reason for fighting in the air throughout the game.

Administrator
Elder Wizard Sojo on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but even though the ship is unsinkable, you can still damage it. And if you can still damage it, there still might be a chance you could get it to under 50% health first, so you may board the ship and go first in combat? I think that would be the justification for the air battle.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Nov 15, 2009
One-Eyed Jack, you are 101% correct

Those ships that are titled "Unsinkable" it is better to reduce their health under 50% as you have said, so that the young Pirate can board and start the combat first instead of having the mobs boarding and starting the combat first.

Also it will give the chance to add some traps (if their secondary powers have any) on mobs ship before boarding

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but even though the ship is unsinkable, you can still damage it. And if you can still damage it, there still might be a chance you could get it to under 50% health first, so you may board the ship and go first in combat? I think that would be the justification for the air battle.
If that is the way its supposed to work then its broken.
I tested this with several of these instances on my last pirate.
I whittle them down to 50%, im still at/near full health, I approach, I hit X... they go first.. no matter what.
The only advantage would be having your attacks add tokens to the deck of the opposing ship.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
Depending on your figurehead you might also be able to leave fire traps, ice obstacles, etc on the opposing ship's deck before the battle begins.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio