Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship cpommands stopped working

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 01, 2010
The commands for my ship have stopped working? This is for the ship you get from Frogfather that was your parents ship. I can't repair it, use the special attacks, buff or windstone. Nothing happens when I click on them. They don't gry out or activate. Anyone else have this problem? I have logged out and back in, changed pirates, and even changed back to the little starter ship then back to the second ship.

Administrator
Just a simple question, Have you outfitted your new ship with new ship equipment as well?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Feb 01, 2010
Yes I have outfitted it with some equipment. The new equipment worked for a couple days then both my ships quit working as my initial post details.

I did get them working finally. I tried everything I could think of, logging off, switching ships, unequiping and equiping, bottling and unbottling but nothing worked. Finally while running for my life because I couldn't repair or fight I right clicked on one of the none functioning buttons, it popped up a little info window, and when I closed the window all the buttons started working again! I checked and it fixed both ships.

Maybe it's a minor bug, like the one where sometimes you are below the level of everything and everyone else and have to go to a port get off your ship and back on to get to where you are not above everyone in the sky when you leave the dock.

Thank you for responding so quickly even if just to clarify the issue. I don't know why I tried the right click thing, I guess just out of frustration at being bombarded all the time and not being able to return fire or repair without running for my life and without windstone burst it was a long run at times.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
New ships don't come equipped with anything, so you'll have to find a ship parts vendor. For the parent's skiff that you have, the parts you need are down in Gullet near where the Frogfather is.

Steering wheel, cannons, and anchors are not class-specific, so you can remove them from one ship and put them on another ship.

Other parts, such as a figurehead, rudder, sails, armor, & horn are ship type and/or class-specific.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
qyll19 on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
Yes I have outfitted it with some equipment. The new equipment worked for a couple days then both my ships quit working as my initial post details.

I did get them working finally. I tried everything I could think of, logging off, switching ships, unequiping and equiping, bottling and unbottling but nothing worked. Finally while running for my life because I couldn't repair or fight I right clicked on one of the none functioning buttons, it popped up a little info window, and when I closed the window all the buttons started working again! I checked and it fixed both ships.

Maybe it's a minor bug, like the one where sometimes you are below the level of everything and everyone else and have to go to a port get off your ship and back on to get to where you are not above everyone in the sky when you leave the dock.

Thank you for responding so quickly even if just to clarify the issue. I don't know why I tried the right click thing, I guess just out of frustration at being bombarded all the time and not being able to return fire or repair without running for my life and without windstone burst it was a long run at times.
The part where you mention "While running for my life I right clicked and everything started working again" - this happens VERY frequently to me as well.

Namely, all my buttons can be clicked with the mouse, then at random, no button can be clicked. It is as if my buttons have moved into the background, and I cannot click them, only see them. SOMETIMES, but not always, right clicking suddenly makes them work again. Other times all I can do is log out to character selection and relog in. Strangely, when this happens, I can still activate all my ship powers by using the number keys 1-4, but not my mouse. So it seems like a "layering" issue.

I have determined this happens a lot due to Alt-Tabbing out of the game, but not always. Sometimes it happens just at random.

This also happens sometimes in ground fights, and others have reported it elsewhere. Namely, the "x" key stops working for interacting - in fact, when this happens, usually no box even pops up to say you can interact with things. This has required logging out to character selection, then back in, EVERY time, to fix.