Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

practice, training and unit training points?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 05, 2010
I was hoping you can address a naming inconsistency that had me confused for a couple of days. I finally figured out that "training points", "unit training points" and "practice points" are all the same thing because what's shown the Player's Guide is not the same as what appears in the live game:

In the Online Player's Guide
the Your Pirate section
  • picture of My Pirate shows the title next to book icon as "training points"
  • picture of My Quests does not have the book icon (indicating points you can earn - can you add this icon/description?)

Pirate Classes heading
the Skills and Powers section

• it's called "training points" in the text

Howver, in the live game
  • My Pirate section names it "practice points"
  • My Quests section, if I hover my mouse over the book icon in a quest, it says "1 Unit Training Point(s)"

Three names for the same thing. I think it would be less confusing for new players if it was called by only one name.

Administrator
Hi!

Thanks for your feedback on the Player's Guide. Unfortunately the names and terminology behind these various points changed right before the guide was published, and we haven't had time to go back and clarify that terminology. (I agree, it's confusing.)

We'll take a look at your comments and make sure the guide reflects the game correctly. (And if the game needs updating, we'll see about getting that done too)

If you see any additional errors in the Player's Guide, feel free to email them to me directly at community@pirate101.com.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Administrator
Emma Storm on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
I was hoping you can address a naming inconsistency that had me confused for a couple of days. I finally figured out that "training points", "unit training points" and "practice points" are all the same thing because what's shown the Player's Guide is not the same as what appears in the live game:

In the Online Player's Guide
the Your Pirate section
  • picture of My Pirate shows the title next to book icon as "training points"
  • picture of My Quests does not have the book icon (indicating points you can earn - can you add this icon/description?)

Pirate Classes heading
the Skills and Powers section

• it's called "training points" in the text

Howver, in the live game
  • My Pirate section names it "practice points"
  • My Quests section, if I hover my mouse over the book icon in a quest, it says "1 Unit Training Point(s)"

Three names for the same thing. I think it would be less confusing for new players if it was called by only one name.
On second look here.

1- Yup, we'll update the "practice points" picture here so it is correct (change should be made in a day or two): https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/players_guide/pirate

2- Actually there is a difference between training points and practice points. Practice points are for training skills with other trainers outside of your class vs. Training points, which are used to advance the experience (and levels) of your companions through the Companion Management screen. Hover your mouse over the Zeke Funky Bunch quest icon and you'll see the reward indicates you receive a "Practice point."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Nov 05, 2010
Thank you so much, Jack!