Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

dye shop for flags?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
My question is' is there a place where you can change your flag colors?
Thanks

Ensign
Jul 18, 2009
Flags cannot be changed. I doubt that there will ever be an option to change flags, but you never know.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
scurvydogg on Oct 9, 2012 wrote:
My question is' is there a place where you can change your flag colors?
Thanks
You never know!

I know from playing Beta that choosing your flag and colors are very very important, and takes much care, as these are permanent. Not only that, but the color(s) of your flag determine the colors of your clothing as well as your companion clothing. What might look nice on your flag, might look horrible on your companions.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
You never know!

I know from playing Beta that choosing your flag and colors are very very important, and takes much care, as these are permanent. Not only that, but the color(s) of your flag determine the colors of your clothing as well as your companion clothing. What might look nice on your flag, might look horrible on your companions.
I hope so! Please KingsIsle, make a flag dye shop!!!

My background is hot pink and burgundy, and my icon colors are light pink and yellow. If I knew that all my clothes would be pink and yellow, I would never choose those colors! We can change the colors of our ships, and our clothes, why not our flags?

Ensign
Dec 08, 2009
I have to agree there should have been a warning at the start when choosing colors that these would be on you and your companions and your ship flag and that there is no option to change it. This may have been known by people that played beta but not for us that just started. Please make an option to change flag colors.

Administrator
aurak on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
I have to agree there should have been a warning at the start when choosing colors that these would be on you and your companions and your ship flag and that there is no option to change it. This may have been known by people that played beta but not for us that just started. Please make an option to change flag colors.
There actually is a warning that says, "The colors ye pick fer yer Flag will also be used by yer Crew for their uniforms, so you can keep track of 'em in a fight."

We do hear your requests! A dye shop for flags is a highly requested feature.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
i have a feeling that the flag colors wont be allowed to be changed, its like your charactor, its intergrated, but how about this for an idea "be allowed to change your flag's symbol", i think that would be helpful in a way that would make others happy, you still will be kepping your flag colors, but just changing your flag's symbol.

Ensign
Oct 10, 2010
I'd like to be able to alter the color of green on my flag background, to better match the Witchdoctor symbol color, but hope I don't have to reset my character to do so. Luckily I'm not all that far, so it's not as big of a deal to start over if I need to fix it.

Community Leader
While your crew colors are definitely tied to your flag's background colors, you can always re-dye your own personal gear. Next time you're on Skull Island stop by the outfit shop, the dye lady's in there. (She can also help you rename your pets.)

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Oct 29, 2012
At least allow for the ability to INVERT said colors.

I personally had no idea and much to everyone's chagrin how said colors would come out once you were in game. Short of how your base paper doll looks, maybe an example of how your companions will reflect your said color choice as well. This should and will help others pick more wisely in the future.

Primary colors and secondary and it's effects in game.

That being said the same with the flag layout like our paper doll when we "try on" items in the purchase windows. I understand you can't show all possible options albeit I love my design just some sails dont allow for sharp display of my choice.

Heck I would pay Crowns to invert my color palette and emblem.. in the end customization is what MMO's are all about allowing players to be individual and unique ...goes along way by having versatility/flexability and would aid in subcriptions

Ensign
May 11, 2010
Just want to add in my 2 gold to the subject!!

Please add in the option to be able to change out flag (colors and design)

Ensign
Jun 10, 2012
PLease add a option to change the flag symbol please!! i did not look threw them all and now i am level 20 around and i do not want to restart all over can you please add a option to change the symbol on your flag

Ensign
Jan 21, 2012
Well i'm a lvl 50 and my friend messed up my flag and design so I had to live with it through the whole game!

Ensign
Jul 09, 2010
Suggestion that might eliminate the need to add Flag & Crew Dying
I had to start my frist 3 characters over and over again just to get univorm colors I could live with. It took several times of trial and error to learn what part of the flag equals what part of different companions uniforms. I still don't know what all of them will look like once they elevate rank.

At the end of the character creation I have the option to do or skip the Battle Tutorial.

Would it be easier for KI to add such a tutorial for Flag Creation & Crew Colors?

If so, the Crew Colors & Flag Building Tutorial could show that the
  • colors of the symbol matter very little, but tell how
  • colors of the background and trim equal the main and trim colors of the ship - but the ship is dye-able for a huge sum of gold.
  • background of the flag equals Bonnie's skirt and the attached diagonal sash & your first Companions main robe color. But there are shade and tint differences.
  • trim f the flag equals Bonnie's kerchief & the first companions trim colors and sometimes their pants.
  • it's easier to see which is Trim and which is Background if you start out with the frame or bars around the edge - then when your done you can switch to checked, stars or stripes backgrounds.
  • show 3 full sets for examples - a "set" being a Flag with screen shots of Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard & Old Scratch - each having 3 pictures for each of their rank elevation looks.
  • make each flag be quite different so we can really see the difference with uniforms.
If the tutorial can't be added into the existing character creation segment maybe it could be a link on the Login module or something.