Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - 2-5-16

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 07, 2012
Dan the Deadly. This man was a former store-owner of Dragonspyre, and enjoyed his life being one. When the Dragon Titan attacked, he was the few whom escaped. In Dan's days in Dragonspyre's skyways, he learned how to fight.

Eventually after many years of traveling, Dan arrived at Cool Ranch, and made market there. Eventually he met the Banditoads, whom were robbing the town. When they got to Dan's market, Dan fought back. This made the Banditoads to run back to they're base, not because they were cowardly, but because they needed to alarm they're master. The Banditoads came back, but in bigger numbers. They ran Dan out of Cool Ranch, back to traveling off the skyways.

After many more years in the skyways, Dan came across Celestia(while it was still above water). He made home there, making friends with the Celestians there. The Celestians healed his wounds, and part of his hat. But, he had to flee again, for the Celestians had summoned the Storm Titan to drive off the Umbra Queen. His home was destroyed once again. Dan was furious.

Dan made port at Skull Island, hoping to find market and a home there, without crossing with another titan. He found market there, and no titans, but he did make a new enemy. The Frogfather demanded some rare treasure from him, for an unknown reason. When Dan refused it, the Frogfather's men attacked. His riches were taken, he was pegleg-ed and his hand was replaced with a sword, and chased away from Skull Island.

Now, in fury, he decided to take his vengeance upon the Spiral by traveling from World-to-world, causing chaos wherever he goes. It seems like nobody can reason with him, but maybe one pirate could...

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
A few tributes that didn't make it for the next update?

O.O not to bring up the death of a great man, but does this mean we may get a Mr. Satoru Iwata tribute? (Very important person to Nintendo Gamers. He wasn't a mere president, he truly cared for the players and helped develop the games. He never once thought of himself as a developer, but as a fellow player. His signature "direct" hand motion brings back the memories of one who has devoted himself to the players.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I just can't wait to see this very interesting fellow "in the flesh". KI artists have certainly made an interesting character here, from concept, to 3D modeling, to animation, to writing, to acting - giving us an NPC with a personality to match this image, amazing!
Hero, villain, or both?

Ensign
Jan 20, 2016
Despite his initial tattered appearance, he seems like he could come from a wealthy background. I say this because of the lace(?) on his scarf and at the end of his sleeves. The shirt under his coat looks pretty fancy as well. Perhaps a pirate who came from a rich family? Or just successful enough to afford nice clothes even though they're torn up now? He looks like he's been through a lot. I mean, most pirates would consider retirement after losing both a leg and an eye but two peg legs, an eye patch, scars on his face, and that sword looks more like part of his arm rather than just being held to me! I could see him as a very prideful man with a large ego. After he got his pirate career started, he challenged the Spiral's best pirates for glory. That's how he got all those injuries. I'd say from the tattered clothes he looks like he's suffered a shipwreck. He challenged someone too strong for him, and they sank his ship. Days drifting at sea tore up his clothes. When he eventually gets to land, I think he's got a lot of interesting information to tell. Especially about the masked clockwork who sunk his ship...

Well, I will say that a few of you had interesting guesses that were in the ballpark of accurate. Which ones? That's for us to reveal later... ::grin::

Watch for a special Falmea Thursday this week!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
Well, I will say that a few of you had interesting guesses that were in the ballpark of accurate. Which ones? That's for us to reveal later... ::grin::

Well, thanks, Professor Falmea! Just not only for the image, but for few that were getting their guesses accurate. Can't wait to see what's in store in the next post!

How was Cool Ranch? Hope you've dealt with the Banditoads & drew some inspiration in some new spells to the Ravenwood Wizards there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Woot! Yes, yes, YES!!!!!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

What a tease! And a splendid tease too! I love it. Looking forward to 'Falmea Thursday' with great curiosity!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I too look forward to the breaking news.

-Indigo