Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

TTO/TTR discussion

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Not one to be too concerned, but, do many people in the W101 & P101 community still play Toontown Rewritten today?

Let's be honest, is it really that popular? I know we miss Toontown Online(which was our highly favorite MMO for many reasons, even if it's very different from other MMOs), & yet, TTR sounds like the opportunity to relive it all over again, only with fresh new changes to rid it from boredom & repetition that lingered for years while maintaining the prime, albeit changing & evolving, formula that's been existent since the beginning.

While I admire the determination it's placed into(& surprisingly, the technological unity towards it's content development from across the world, instead of only working on one location only), the one concern towards TTR in me is, will it still be ongoing? I'm just very concerned about Disney's decision to allow that to go on, even if it's made to continue its legacy that Disney started.

Still, is it recommendable for people to play it? Thought this discussion should help pass the time while we wait.

(Addendum: It's just about TTO/TTR, nothing else. Only talk about TTO/TTR. Let's stay to the main topic's reason, & not derive from it, people.)

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
Hello, fellow Toon! There's no need to worry about TTR, if Disney wanted it down it would be down by now, and there's really no benefit to shutting it down for them.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Robobot1747 on Jan 15, 2016 wrote:
Hello, fellow Toon! There's no need to worry about TTR, if Disney wanted it down it would be down by now, and there's really no benefit to shutting it down for them.
Yeah. From what I've read in some articles, Disney could no longer sustain Toontown as a business venture on their plate any longer, due to Disney being too focused on... other things, & some tough times & financial troubles had hit Disney recently. The one & only thing that concerned me is Disney knowing about TTR some time or other.

Yet, still, you're right. There's just no benefit to Disney shutting TTR down. So far, it's receiving strong, positive acclaim because of it maintaining the original spirit TTO had & continuing it, along with new changes & new content Disney didn't even bother doing &/or come up with, & having an actual ongoing major storyline that TTO lacked before.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I used to play TTR. But there were too many people who did not know how to play correct.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Quick question, what's the font's name for the Toons' text speech in that game? Just asking.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
darkmoordude on Jan 16, 2016 wrote:
I used to play TTR. But there were too many people who did not know how to play correct.
This is why I stopped playing TTR last year.

TTR Is a non popular server owned by a 16 year old, Isn't it obvious this will last maybe 4 years then die because most of the staff are 14 - 20 year olds and will most likely get a job/ go to college

The Reason why TTO even lasted 10 years was because of the staff team, would of lasted more if they didn't ditch it for CP, but I'm not going to get into that.

Disney can't just force TTR to close, They didn't really do anything against the law, and it would look bad on Disney, since Disney is suppose to be the popular favored over kids, it would kill the image on that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
darkmoordude on Jan 16, 2016 wrote:
Perhaps they should placed a guide to, well, guide people to play it correct.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor of awe... on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
This is why I stopped playing TTR last year.

TTR Is a non popular server owned by a 16 year old, Isn't it obvious this will last maybe 4 years then die because most of the staff are 14 - 20 year olds and will most likely get a job/ go to college

The Reason why TTO even lasted 10 years was because of the staff team, would of lasted more if they didn't ditch it for CP, but I'm not going to get into that.

Disney can't just force TTR to close, They didn't really do anything against the law, and it would look bad on Disney, since Disney is suppose to be the popular favored over kids, it would kill the image on that.
Disney choosing CP over TTO is what sparked longtime players' complaints.

The one reason many people quit TTO is because the former staff were placing in little content updates for many months, in such a small team, & other companies that formerly aided them making new content, & it got too repetitive & stale to those waiting to see new content, & the game's tech components & such got severely outdated & longtime bugs never got fixed.

No offense to you, but, that kind of speaking is a bit like from a person who is discouraging people to play it &/or help it's team with their development of it's content in progress & would rather do something else with their lives &... well, you know how it goes if I drone on, even with one example I would place in. To place it short, encourage it, not discourage it.

TTR even brought back some planned content that Disney decided not to implement in TTO on their own & not bother adding in content updates, & that made TTR less boring little by little, from what I've read, so that's something they did. Sometimes, even the little changes have impacts that reinvigorates the game.

Let me place it this way. Once a game receives new content updates time to time, players get into it, & that makes the game last longer than anyone thought, & have people joining their team to help them more, & it results in getting their new content done quicker.

So, I don't think it will last 4 years or less, from your guess. I think it may last long than that, once they bring out new things to it, maybe more, & I may presume they'll still work on it & even juggle their lives with some more help they may have soon enough. I don't think their team is going anywhere right now, & there are people that have talent. All they need is some proper guidance to aid them & training in their wings.

Disney forcing TTR's closing would do more than that, & I wouldn't think on it. They have to keep their good image going, & doing it would destroy it. Would be madness. No.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I have lots of good and bad memories of toontown. One was similar to coach Z's uber video. So here I go.

I was waiting for a group to the factory. And then a toon invites me to a boarding group. I accepted, then looked at her gags EWW! They are terrible! I left the boarding group then she does the -_- face. And I said something among the lines of " You have terrible gags! " And then she says something like " You think you are better than low toons? lol " Even though I never said that. And then she says that she has a toon that is 2 times my size. The thing was. If she had a toon 2 times my laff and gags. Wouldn't she have trained this one's gags better? But at 50 something laff. I could easily be beat if there was pvp. But I could also catch up to her " Other " ( Notice the quotation marks ) toon. And beat her.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Trimond297 on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
Disney choosing CP over TTO is what sparked longtime players' complaints.

The one reason many people quit TTO is because the former staff were placing in little content updates for many months, in such a small team, & other companies that formerly aided them making new content, & it got too repetitive & stale to those waiting to see new content, & the game's tech components & such got severely outdated & longtime bugs never got fixed.

No offense to you, but, that kind of speaking is a bit like from a person who is discouraging people to play it &/or help it's team with their development of it's content in progress & would rather do something else with their lives &... well, you know how it goes if I drone on, even with one example I would place in. To place it short, encourage it, not discourage it.

TTR even brought back some planned content that Disney decided not to implement in TTO on their own & not bother adding in content updates, & that made TTR less boring little by little, from what I've read, so that's something they did. Sometimes, even the little changes have impacts that reinvigorates the game.

Let me place it this way. Once a game receives new content updates time to time, players get into it, & that makes the game last longer than anyone thought, & have people joining their team to help them more, & it results in getting their new content done quicker.

So, I don't think it will last 4 years or less, from your guess. I think it may last long than that, once they bring out new things to it, maybe more, & I may presume they'll still work on it & even juggle their lives with some more help they may have soon enough. I don't think their team is going anywhere right now, & there are people that have talent. All they need is some proper guidance to aid them & training in their wings.

Disney forcing TTR's closing would do more than that, & I wouldn't think on it. They have to keep their good image going, & doing it would destroy it. Would be madness. No.
Disney couldn't care less what people think, There a Corporation, they want money, plain and simple.

I agree with you on the second paragraph.

Don't say "No Offense" I'm not offended by what people say, I've been with TTR since October, and It has not improved any on leadership skills, It's basically Goshi, He literally just stalks anyone, doesn't know what greening is, and falsly bans anyone, heck if someone accidently jumped into the VP, he would ban them even though it was intentional.

Uh What? What did they bring back? Toonfest, waste of time, I want actual storyline gameplay, none of this boring stuff (Doomsday is what I'm assuming your talking about)

New Content? Oh Please, that's what TTO did with Field Offices in 2011, Did that help them at all? NOPE.

TT should of died out with TTO, It's an old game, I don't play it as much as I used to 6 years ago, people get interested then not interested since it's basically the same thing over and over again.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor of awe... on Jan 23, 2016 wrote:
Disney couldn't care less what people think, There a Corporation, they want money, plain and simple.

I agree with you on the second paragraph.

Don't say "No Offense" I'm not offended by what people say, I've been with TTR since October, and It has not improved any on leadership skills, It's basically Goshi, He literally just stalks anyone, doesn't know what greening is, and falsly bans anyone, heck if someone accidently jumped into the VP, he would ban them even though it was intentional.

Uh What? What did they bring back? Toonfest, waste of time, I want actual storyline gameplay, none of this boring stuff (Doomsday is what I'm assuming your talking about)

New Content? Oh Please, that's what TTO did with Field Offices in 2011, Did that help them at all? NOPE.

TT should of died out with TTO, It's an old game, I don't play it as much as I used to 6 years ago, people get interested then not interested since it's basically the same thing over and over again.
If you ask me, the one choice they could've done to keep the game going & fresh would've been to bring in more people to their team & upgraded their tech severely so the content updates would've been quicker instead.

Well, from reading, AA had board games that I guess were supposed to head to TTO. However, Disney decided to not implement them in the game on their will, & that made AA a bit less interesting. They brought them back in TTR, & it made it less boring today.

Even so, I may still state opinions.

To remind you, Goshi is also in charge of having it translated in French, as part of having the game to support many languages in one united server for foreign people to bridge the language gaps between them, instead of separate foreign language servers.

Don't think he doesn't know the game's rules, & the responsibilities of being a moderator, too. I'm sure he's remembered the game's rules & his responsibility to keep the game moderated & player friendly time & again. Otherwise, that'd be someone who took advantage of it to their own selfish needs, & all the translating would be wasted, & so on. Plus, false banning's a frown to the people playing it &/or working on it, even by just doing nothing. It's logical thinking. There's a difference. A real moderator doesn't abuse the responsibility beheld by the team & ensures it stays intact.

They do little changes to keep them from being bored, too, at times. Even they have some time to do them.

Toonfest brings new things every year, & no doubt there may be more this year. I heard there were some new activities planned in last year. However, due to underestimating the time it would take them to develop, they decided to place these on hold, not completely cancelled. They just didn't had enough time to fit them in the schedule. I'm sure next time, they'll bring some new activities in.

Would it still not exist if it still remained died out today?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Continuing from my previous post...

TTO only had Sellbot Field Offices, & they served to bring back some life in Cog buildings. There were plans to bring in Lawbot Field Offices to the game, so I've read. However, once Disney announced TTO shutting down, those plans were tossed out. TTR may no doubt bring them back, only they may do it in a whole new way.

Other than that, they've been, & still are, doing their best to breathe life in Toontown again & more.

TTR still has their end-of-Beta event in the works since about July 2014, & no doubt that may contain more new storyline content. It's just that their event they're making is taking more work & time to make. & with the other things they have on their hands, like Toontown Retextured, it would take long to finish all that, unless they have more people to help them finish them quicker.

Well, my point is, don't underestimate their devotion to keeping Toontown alive & going. They have such talent & potential. You never know the capabilities they can do.