Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Love Letter to Post-Update Old Scratch

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Dear Old Scratch,

You used to stink. I'll just say it straight up. You were garbage. You fizzled 9 out of 10 times and each time, I died a little inside. I'll never understand why you did that, why you caused me that pain. I would cringe every time I saw you on my roster. I would feel guilty, because I knew you had potential, I knew you were good. Was it something I had done? Was it my fault?

But now.. now I know. Now I know, all you needed was some extra spell power. I can't believe I didn't see it before. You used to only be useful to Bloody Kiley, but now.. oh my. You are a necessity for every Privateer and every Witchdoctor now. You've climbed up to Number 3 on my roster (and I have over 2 pages of companions!). Your spell power cards have made me go from the offensive Privateer, to putting all of my Super Strikes, Hides, and Charges to the bottom of my powers and pulling all of my heals and buffs up to the top. Because, when you make it possible to hear someone for over 2,000 health in a few turns, or set up a 3,000 point Shield on someone, why would I not choose you?

Yes, you may not be the most damaging companion (that would go to Keisuke), and you may not even reach 300 base damage, but you're still fantastic. I love you, Scratch. Please never get nerfed.

Sincerely,
Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Commodore