Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Right-Clicking to Delete Abilities in Combat

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
Evening, me again.

As we all know, during combat, as long as you haven't hit "done" yet, you can change up whatever moves, or abilities you assign your pirates.

However, you don't quite have a safe guard for when you right-click an ability by mistake, and remove it from combat. Instead of this happening, I am proposing the following:

Right click on an ability you don't want and the game places an "X" on it. Right-click as many abilities as you want to get right of, or right click on them again to remove the delete marker. This marker would only get rid of the ability after you hit done. This way you are some-what protected from any rash judgements on abilities at the start of your turn, or if you select to delete the wrong ability.

"Awe, did you just delete Revive by mistake? Too bad buddy, better use rouse, instead."

Hope this makes sense.

Reckless Cedric

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Reckless Cedric on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Evening, me again.

As we all know, during combat, as long as you haven't hit "done" yet, you can change up whatever moves, or abilities you assign your pirates.

However, you don't quite have a safe guard for when you right-click an ability by mistake, and remove it from combat. Instead of this happening, I am proposing the following:

Right click on an ability you don't want and the game places an "X" on it. Right-click as many abilities as you want to get right of, or right click on them again to remove the delete marker. This marker would only get rid of the ability after you hit done. This way you are some-what protected from any rash judgements on abilities at the start of your turn, or if you select to delete the wrong ability.

"Awe, did you just delete Revive by mistake? Too bad buddy, better use rouse, instead."

Hope this makes sense.

Reckless Cedric
Well, I don't know how that could be implemented, it seems complicated. It wouldn't just be better to have a question pop up when you right click- "Are you sure you want to do that?" Of course, THAT would drive me bonkers too.
My best advice is to not be in a hurry.

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Well, I don't know how that could be implemented, it seems complicated. It wouldn't just be better to have a question pop up when you right click- "Are you sure you want to do that?" Of course, THAT would drive me bonkers too.
I had a feeling my wording was off. Was a bit under the weather when I wrote it.

This isn't just about rushing, people make mistakes.

A screen prompt about removing the ability would work, actually. If it annoys someone, much like with other game options in the settings, they could "turn off/on ability removal prompt." I like that idea, thanks mate.

Believe what I was trying to write was the abilities you want gone will only be removed after you hit done. The abilities would be marked somehow to show you which ones are being removed (eg the abiltity is somehow hi-lighted, or a little X appears on it).

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
I cannot tell if my posts are being rejected, or taking forever to post, so please excuse if this is a double post.

I like your idea better, actually. A prompt before deleting is a better idea, because misclicking happens.

The prompt can be toggled on and off in settings, much like the fast combat setting.

What I was attempting to say before was, a marker is placed on the abilities you want to delete. They don't actually get deleted until you hit the done button each round, giving you a chance to confirm your deleting choices.