Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

need more scrip

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
I think that scrip should either be easier to get (higher drop rate and higher amount dropped) or there should be another way of getting scrip. Maybe a companion order that takes 12 hours and gives you half of five times the companions level in scrip. Another way could be a reward for ranked PvP matches (if they are soon to be added). My favorite idea would be in that cave on skull island docks could be a boss that only drops scrip and black market items.
All I'm saying is that for the extremely high price of most of the black market items compared to the drop rate of scrip, it is next to impossible to get a master smuggler's garb before december of 2024

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
fear griffon burke on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
I think that scrip should either be easier to get (higher drop rate and higher amount dropped) or there should be another way of getting scrip. Maybe a companion order that takes 12 hours and gives you half of five times the companions level in scrip. Another way could be a reward for ranked PvP matches (if they are soon to be added). My favorite idea would be in that cave on skull island docks could be a boss that only drops scrip and black market items.
All I'm saying is that for the extremely high price of most of the black market items compared to the drop rate of scrip, it is next to impossible to get a master smuggler's garb before december of 2024
Well of course the scrip is hard to come by in game. The stuff you can buy is amazing! A banner that grants relentless? Shoes that grant elusive? A MOUSTACHE THAT YOU CAN DYE RED?!!!

All kidding aside, I think Scrip is fine the way it is. If they add a non-crown boss that gives Scrip, I wouldn't complain, however something that drops Black Market items takes the fun out of it. Lots of work, big reward that feels deserved.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, we all want more scrip and we want it to be easy and nearly effortless - but then where would the fun of going out and hunting ships or running through that pit-of-destruction called the Smuggler's Arena be?
And look at the fantastic items that scrip can get - there's a certain wow! factor in seeing a pirate in the full Master Smuggler's outfit; you know that the player has put a lot of effort into getting that outfit. BTW, it's not 'impossible' to get the smuggler's gear, I have the boots and I'm earning my way toward the jacket.

Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
Yes, we all want more scrip and we want it to be easy and nearly effortless - but then where would the fun of going out and hunting ships or running through that pit-of-destruction called the Smuggler's Arena be?
And look at the fantastic items that scrip can get - there's a certain wow! factor in seeing a pirate in the full Master Smuggler's outfit; you know that the player has put a lot of effort into getting that outfit. BTW, it's not 'impossible' to get the smuggler's gear, I have the boots and I'm earning my way toward the jacket.
How did you get the boots? It took me 3 months to just get the hair!
how much does that smuggler's arena give

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
fear griffon burke on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
cool ranch usely drop 5 to 3 every 7 or 3 battles i think it just what world your in and only way to get them is from ship battles or the other thing i don't know the name to

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fear griffon burke on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:
Actually got the boots by massive ship farming, and only one run in the arena: I got 540 scrip for completing ( with a lot of help from friends ).

Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
Actually got the boots by massive ship farming, and only one run in the arena: I got 540 scrip for completing ( with a lot of help from friends ).
I just wish our characters were friends then i would port to you and we do the smuggler's arena. none of my friends have the arena and I can't get crowns until X-mas. so I'm out of luck with the arena.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Scrips are very hard to find,not only they are very fragile and don't last long. They are hard to make and the producers are often annoyamous. This makes scrips origin a mystery both in location and how it's made,but it's value is very high. It's worth fighting for and difficult to earn in large amount.

Tip-The larger the group, the more scrips are earned witch is good.Try for framing them, with friends.Maybe ask some boss ships to battle them for larger amount.or go to the smuggler's arena with friends. Have fun earning scrips.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fear griffon burke on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
I just wish our characters were friends then i would port to you and we do the smuggler's arena. none of my friends have the arena and I can't get crowns until X-mas. so I'm out of luck with the arena.
I will be on the Paths of Penance in front of Moo's Tower every day @ 7 pm central time on realm Morgan LeFitte. I will be glad to friend you as some of my friends are a little shy about entering the Arena.
Warning: It is very tough on companions, so if you need them for questing, I suggest you wait until you have enough gold for a few revives from Mitch.
It also takes nearly as much time to do a full Arena run as Moo's Tower, which is another reason why I have trouble finding those willing to do it.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
fear griffon burke on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:
The arena gives varying amounts; in the same run, one of my pirates made well over 500 while another just barely hit 500. I don't think any of the four pirates got the same amount of scrip that run, but Indigo could probably tell you for sure.