Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Playstyle Experiment

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
As you can tell from my other post, I am addicted to Witchdoctor and I'm about to find Clark in Elder Bluff. Anyways, I just promoted Ratbeard [yeah I waited this long] and I'm about to promote Bonnie [yeah I waited this long], and I decided to just say "to heck with it" and I'm making my companion order Firstmate. I usually do In Order but I know that it promotes just sticking to training 3 companions. So, since I have the lowest level spread for my companions (Highest: Mormo, Level 15- Lowest: Bonnie Anne/Ratbeard, Level 13) and I'm gonna try it out. I already tried a bit of it and it doesn't mess as much with my strategy as I thought it would, so to heck with it. I'm gonna try this out and see how it goes.

PO Bloody Kiley Fisher, Level 16 Opposition Champion

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I've discovered that I love playing with full random on. Sometimes my crew is really, really strong and sometimes I have nothing but witchdoctors trying to stay alive. Makes for an amusing game, although sometimes frustrating. And if you know you're going somewhere that a particular class wouldn't do well in, you can put 'em on some task or other to let them keep their dignity while you protect them.

Good luck with your experiment. Don't give up and switch back the first time it gets tough -- stick it out for the whole skyway, at least, to give your crew and yourself a chance to prove it's doable.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I've always enjoyed the randomized element for my crew. It's much more interesting when you don't see the same three companions over and over again.