Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

treasure bath doubloon myth

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Hello everyone!

I've been in the Tower of Mooshu a couple of times now, and every time I get asked by half the team not to use the Treasure Bath Doubloon because "It reduces the drop rate of the really good items!"

Now, I believe this to be pure poppycock, however I'd like to see if any of the developers can give a definitive answer to whether or not this myth is true or not, if for no other reason than to point other pirates to this thread for a definitive answer.

Thanks for your time!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
King Crimson on May 25, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I've been in the Tower of Mooshu a couple of times now, and every time I get asked by half the team not to use the Treasure Bath Doubloon because "It reduces the drop rate of the really good items!"

Now, I believe this to be pure poppycock, however I'd like to see if any of the developers can give a definitive answer to whether or not this myth is true or not, if for no other reason than to point other pirates to this thread for a definitive answer.

Thanks for your time!
its about as true as the extra colossus in shadow of the colossus, meaning its fake and completely made up

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on May 25, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone!

Thanks for your time!
Good luck with that, I've been trying to squash this myth for a very long time. Even if you had the response you want, many won't read it or believe it.

Ensign
May 03, 2009
Someone in the nefarious room used the treasure bath right before we won. I still got the nefarious staff from it.

On to the next myth: It seems like there is a greater chance of getting a nefarious item if you defeat them all within 4 turns

Developer
You guys are really overestimating the amount of trouble we are willing to go through to set up loot tables.

It's a table. There's a roll. No other conditions apply.
Well, no other conditions other than rubby-patty, I should say.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thecannibalpizza on May 26, 2015 wrote:
Someone in the nefarious room used the treasure bath right before we won. I still got the nefarious staff from it.

On to the next myth: It seems like there is a greater chance of getting a nefarious item if you defeat them all within 4 turns
Welcome to the message boards and thank you for being a myth buster!
I had one girl absolutely insist that we follow her 'rules' during the Nef-5 battle: DON"T use treasure bath & wait for all chests to appear before opening; I had quite an argument with her over this, and when we didn't get anything, when I said that proved her 'theory' was false; she said that it proved nothing and that she never said it was a guarantee!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Thecannibalpizza on May 26, 2015 wrote:

next myth: killing the privateer first gives better drops

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on May 26, 2015 wrote:
You guys are really overestimating the amount of trouble we are willing to go through to set up loot tables.

All hail the awesome power of the Rubby-Patty

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013

wait, is this, a, conspiracy theory i feel coming on???? YES IT IS

i think you've hacked all of our computers and watch through the camera to see if we rubby-patty and if we dont you dont give us your loot, i've cracked the code

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on May 26, 2015 wrote:
next myth: killing the privateer first gives better drops
What about the one where killing the musketeer last gives the better drops? And seriously? I've heard some people won't use El Toro because for some reason ( not sure why ) he deters good drops.
Oh and this one, don't use doubloons that directly attack the Five ( meaning Sluggish or any of the 'push' sort )
because that deters good drops, too.
Funny that I haven't heard a myth concerning Moo, yet.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012

Thanks for this lighthouse of a response, it's just what I needed to nip these silly debates in the bud!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Sorry, no can do Admiral Rat. Patty is nice enough and all, but have you seen those feet of hers-- ain't no way I'm doing any rubbing...no matter what gear might drop!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on May 27, 2015 wrote:
What about the one where killing the musketeer last gives the better drops? And seriously? I've heard some people won't use El Toro because for some reason ( not sure why ) he deters good drops.
Oh and this one, don't use doubloons that directly attack the Five ( meaning Sluggish or any of the 'push' sort )
because that deters good drops, too.
Funny that I haven't heard a myth concerning Moo, yet.
yea its surprising there is no myth regarding moo yet