Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unbeaten character

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
after looking at cedrics post i've decided to make this a project of mine, so if i could get an official ki response on the conditions required like does fleeing count and am i allowed to have a friend assist me at certain parts and does ship battles count

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

I'm not sure what you mean? Count for what?

If you are trying to level without ever being defeated, I don't see why fleeing or having help would affect that. Whatever it takes to not ever get defeated, I'd say.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well............When I grow up and run KI I would say that fleeing should count. All you would have to do is play and flee if you ever got threatened with defeat. That's kind of like hollering "I'm not playing" every time you were about to be tagged in a game of Tag. That is hardly a way that shows your mastery at Tag if you can state "I have never been tagged" because you just quit whenever you come close to having someone show you that they are actually better or faster. Fleeing is giving up to avoid defeat and if you give up..........you don't deserve the rights to claim you have never been defeated. Shoot I could just do that and just never play the game. I could still legitimately say I was never defeated.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Bonnie Anne on May 18, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

I'm not sure what you mean? Count for what?

If you are trying to level without ever being defeated, I don't see why fleeing or having help would affect that. Whatever it takes to not ever get defeated, I'd say.
biggest thing I was wondering was if fleeing counted as a loss, and now that's answered, thanks

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 18, 2015 wrote:
Well............When I grow up and run KI I would say that fleeing should count. All you would have to do is play and flee if you ever got threatened with defeat. That's kind of like hollering "I'm not playing" every time you were about to be tagged in a game of Tag. That is hardly a way that shows your mastery at Tag if you can state "I have never been tagged" because you just quit whenever you come close to having someone show you that they are actually better or faster. Fleeing is giving up to avoid defeat and if you give up..........you don't deserve the rights to claim you have never been defeated. Shoot I could just do that and just never play the game. I could still legitimately say I was never defeated.
I'd have to agree Chrissy. One could basically flee any time you were about to bite the cannonball and still keep that unbeaten tag intact. I guess you aren't technically defeated, because you just ran away to live and fight another day-- but as far as the game goes it sure would make being, and staying, 'unbeaten' a much, much, much easier title to accomplish. Truly 'unbeaten' to me would mean that every single battle you entered- you stuck it out and defeated the gears off the opponent.

My question would be concerning the Hydra, and/or any other glitchy situations.

Ratbeard-- If one were fighting the Hydra and it glitched massively (which it has been known to do), causing you and your crew to lose, would the programming record it (in the statistics) as a defeat for your pirate? For me that is the only story line fight that I think would give me any problems (because of the glitches) when it comes to remaining 'unbeaten'...knowing what I know now and with the gear I now have at my disposal. Would a glitch-filled defeat still be recorded as a defeat...if so, it's no wonder there's only been a few 'undefeated' players.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 18, 2015 wrote:
ive never been tagged because when I was little I would always quit the game right before the tagger would get me

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
zuto4011a on May 18, 2015 wrote:
biggest thing I was wondering was if fleeing counted as a loss, and now that's answered, thanks
well technically you didn't win the fight so yes it would be a loss therefore if you lose you are defeated so technically speaking you did lose so yes it would count as a loss (technically speaking)

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

I guess you were referring to Vadima's Visions in the October newsletter. The statistic there did count flees as a defeat (as stated clearly in the wording).

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/newsletter/october2014

It would have helped to share why you were asking the question. Thanks.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
zuto4011a on May 19, 2015 wrote:
ive never been tagged because when I was little I would always quit the game right before the tagger would get me
Sweet-- then you were undefeated at tag?!?

And hey, just because we are adults or nearing...what, we can't still play tag? Nothing like watching a bunch of aging individuals run for cover, pull hamstrings, fake back injuries to avoid defeat, wheeze like Mrs. Jefferson, fall in slow motion and spill their beverages...all while yelling "You're IT!", "No, you're IT!", "I got you first!", "Nuh-uh!", "You cheat, I'm done!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If you've ever received the notification " You have been defeated ". then it counts. If you never have received this annoying and unnecessary notice, then you're golden!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on May 19, 2015 wrote:
If you've ever received the notification " You have been defeated ". then it counts. If you never have received this annoying and unnecessary notice, then you're golden!
Esperanza...Zuto (Robert)-- you guys are really bringing a tear to my eye! Way to come together-- I'm quite proud of you two! Good luck, have fun and give Moo a cow, would ya!

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
Bonnie Anne on May 19, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

I guess you were referring to Vadima's Visions in the October newsletter. The statistic there did count flees as a defeat (as stated clearly in the wording).

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/newsletter/october2014

It would have helped to share why you were asking the question. Thanks.
Thank you, that's where I read it. 9 have made it to 65 without being defeated. No 10 for me.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 19, 2015 wrote:
Sweet-- then you were undefeated at tag?!?

And hey, just because we are adults or nearing...what, we can't still play tag? Nothing like watching a bunch of aging individuals run for cover, pull hamstrings, fake back injuries to avoid defeat, wheeze like Mrs. Jefferson, fall in slow motion and spill their beverages...all while yelling "You're IT!", "No, you're IT!", "I got you first!", "Nuh-uh!", "You cheat, I'm done!"
I now have this absolutely perfect image of the Marauders running about attempting to tag each other.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
i think i'll start my unbeaten character when school ends so i have the time for it

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
zuto4011a on May 19, 2015 wrote:
i think i'll start my unbeaten character when school ends so i have the time for it
Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress for this epic quest.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I will keep you all updated, i'll probably make a post about it for each world

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
well, first update is coming a lot sooner then expected, 2 of my friends have decided to join me in my quest, we will be questing together almost every night between 8-11 pm eastern time realm dragon prince, we got to lvl 5 today before I lagged out of the game, thankfully it wasn't during a battle, We are Red Robert, Jason, and wicked Benjamin vane, 2 privateers and 1 witch

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hi Bonnie, I was wondering if you could answer this question(s): (or ask Ratbeard)

In the case of the Hydra battle, which has many known bugs that sometimes prevent players from achieving victory, would the stat system count a bug-filled loss in that battle (or even with the Minotaurs) as a defeat? Or in those rare, buggy instances are they overlooked when it comes to recording defeats in the system?

Just curious and I apologize for not directing that question to you originally, but I thought that it might get passed on to Ratbeard or the quality control crew.

Thank you!

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 20, 2015 wrote:
Hi Bonnie, I was wondering if you could answer this question(s): (or ask Ratbeard)

In the case of the Hydra battle, which has many known bugs that sometimes prevent players from achieving victory, would the stat system count a bug-filled loss in that battle (or even with the Minotaurs) as a defeat? Or in those rare, buggy instances are they overlooked when it comes to recording defeats in the system?

Just curious and I apologize for not directing that question to you originally, but I thought that it might get passed on to Ratbeard or the quality control crew.

Thank you!
Yes, I believe it would still count as a defeat unfortunately.

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
zuto4011a on May 20, 2015 wrote:
well, first update is coming a lot sooner then expected, 2 of my friends have decided to join me in my quest, we will be questing together almost every night between 8-11 pm eastern time realm dragon prince, we got to lvl 5 today before I lagged out of the game, thankfully it wasn't during a battle, We are Red Robert, Jason, and wicked Benjamin vane, 2 privateers and 1 witch
Good luck to you and your group.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Bonnie Anne on May 20, 2015 wrote:
Yes, I believe it would still count as a defeat unfortunately.
Thank you Bonnie.

As an add on question...do you happen to know or have access to how many pirates have had only 1 or 2 defeats, with that 1 or 2 defeat being at the hands of either (or both) the Hydra and/or the Minotaurs? (Seeing as they seem to be the only notoriously bugged boss battles).

Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
I don't ever remember being beaten, until I was already 65 and I tried to solo Moo Tower (got past nefarious 5 and lost to terror cotta warriors, because I didn't get black fog or my terror cotta warriors).

Would be interested to know if I am one of those or not. And if not, I'll have to start over.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Jack Harkness on May 21, 2015 wrote:
I don't ever remember being beaten, until I was already 65 and I tried to solo Moo Tower (got past nefarious 5 and lost to terror cotta warriors, because I didn't get black fog or my terror cotta warriors).

Would be interested to know if I am one of those or not. And if not, I'll have to start over.
fleeing a battle counts as a loss, accidentally getting caught in a battle then fleeing it probably has caused many people to not get this

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
zuto4011a on May 21, 2015 wrote:
fleeing a battle counts as a loss, accidentally getting caught in a battle then fleeing it probably has caused many people to not get this
My swashbuckler in mooshu was undefeated and then ii got stuck in a battle and fled NOOO!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
I was expecting the Hydra fight to be very annoying and difficult because I knew in Greek mythology every time you cut it's head off it grew two more in it's place and I know that for the most part KI likes to be spot on with their mythology, ignoring the things that are not appropriate for children. It was very difficult and grueling but I was very lucky. The first time I did it with one of my friends whose name escapes me, but I was helping him out with it and it was very very VERY annoying. However, we beat it on the first try. I was on the same quest but not quite to the point where I actually had to kill it yet, so later that night I got to the point and my super helpful musketeer friend who already finished the game and was just helping people out said she would help me with it myself. I'm certain it's impossible to solo, unless you're like KV or Blaze or FiestyOrange. But yeah, she also helped me and we also did that first try so while it was annoying and I could see how it glitching out would be a deal-breaker for people, we didn't run into any bugs and we got it done! I was proud of that. I think I will take a page from her book now that I finished Aquila and help anyone out that wants me to. I don't want to potentially ruin the game for lower level people but steam-rolling through it for them, but if anyone gets stuck I'll be glad to help :p
Now, in terms of undefeated, I don't think I even got to Level 10 before suffering my first defeat. I died several times on the fight with the commander of the Presidio. Privateers may have a lot of health but they definitely don't have as much damage potential early on as a buck or buckler does. Still, Privateer is my favorite class, and I wish you the best of luck Zuto! I'll make sure to browse this post daily to see your progress. Good luck!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Egg Shen Enthusiast