Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unbeaten character

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Cruel Owen Quarrel on May 22, 2015 wrote:
I was expecting the Hydra fight to be very annoying and difficult because I knew in Greek mythology every time you cut it's head off it grew two more in it's place and I know that for the most part KI likes to be spot on with their mythology, ignoring the things that are not appropriate for children. It was very difficult and grueling but I was very lucky. The first time I did it with one of my friends whose name escapes me, but I was helping him out with it and it was very very VERY annoying. However, we beat it on the first try. I was on the same quest but not quite to the point where I actually had to kill it yet, so later that night I got to the point and my super helpful musketeer friend who already finished the game and was just helping people out said she would help me with it myself. I'm certain it's impossible to solo, unless you're like KV or Blaze or FiestyOrange. But yeah, she also helped me and we also did that first try so while it was annoying and I could see how it glitching out would be a deal-breaker for people, we didn't run into any bugs and we got it done! I was proud of that. I think I will take a page from her book now that I finished Aquila and help anyone out that wants me to. I don't want to potentially ruin the game for lower level people but steam-rolling through it for them, but if anyone gets stuck I'll be glad to help :p
Now, in terms of undefeated, I don't think I even got to Level 10 before suffering my first defeat. I died several times on the fight with the commander of the Presidio. Privateers may have a lot of health but they definitely don't have as much damage potential early on as a buck or buckler does. Still, Privateer is my favorite class, and I wish you the best of luck Zuto! I'll make sure to browse this post daily to see your progress. Good luck!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Egg Shen Enthusiast
Hi there Owen.

You are right about that Hydra being one tough egg to crack. As far as bosses come, the Hydra is in a league of it's own. As tough as it is, it surely isn't impossible to solo. I know many players who have soloed that Evil Ebon & have even farmed that Hideous Hydra solo. I myself bested the multi-headed maniac solo on my Buccaneer, the very first try at it. But you are so right that it can be a major pain in the necks.....many necks. Especially because of all of the bugs that can show up. If the bugginess occurs then you are really in for a tough battle or often, are better off fleeing. My son had difficulty with the Hydra, so I had to come help him & his Buccaneer out & when we entered battle against that Sinister Serpent-a-thingy, we walked into a bug metropolis. Despite round after round of bugs & not being able to target the Ebon, we were able to defeat that Buggy Baddy-- but it took a loooooong time, because of all the running around and evading, until we could actually draw a bead on that Wicked Wacko. I even wrote a 'song' about it!

I have a level 15 Musketeer & a level 10 Swashbuckler I am working on-- slowly but slowly. But I just may give the 'unbeaten character' thing a shot as well and probably *100% solo. So far my Musketeer has not lost a companion in battle, much less a battle...but I do fear that he may be in for a rude awakening in future worlds. My Swashbuckler has not lost a battle yet either & neither have all of my other lower level characters (5-7).

So, I'll see what unfolds & in the back of my mind, give this unbeaten thing a shot. But I don't want to get too caught up in it to where I miss out on all the fun & other fantastically amazing aspects of the game as I progress my lower levels through the story.

And good luck to you as well, with all of your characters & in the game (and life for that matter). It's been a real pleasure reading your positive posts & we are glad you joined up with this marauding crew!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I was expecting the Hydra fight to be very annoying and difficult because I knew in Greek mythology every time you cut it's head off it grew two more in it's place and I know that for the most part KI likes to be spot on with their mythology, ignoring the things that are not appropriate for children. It was very difficult and grueling but I was very lucky. The first time I did it with one of my friends whose name escapes me, but I was helping him out with it and it was very very VERY annoying. However, we beat it on the first try. I was on the same quest but not quite to the point where I actually had to kill it yet, so later that night I got to the point and my super helpful musketeer friend who already finished the game and was just helping people out said she would help me with it myself. I'm certain it's impossible to solo, unless you're like KV or Blaze or FiestyOrange. But yeah, she also helped me and we also did that first try so while it was annoying and I could see how it glitching out would be a deal-breaker for people, we didn't run into any bugs and we got it done! I was proud of that. I think I will take a page from her book now that I finished Aquila and help anyone out that wants me to. I don't want to potentially ruin the game for lower level people but steam-rolling through it for them, but if anyone gets stuck I'll be glad to help :p
Now, in terms of undefeated, I don't think I even got to Level 10 before suffering my first defeat. I died several times on the fight with the commander of the Presidio. Privateers may have a lot of health but they definitely don't have as much damage potential early on as a buck or buckler does. Still, Privateer is my favorite class, and I wish you the best of luck Zuto! I'll make sure to browse this post daily to see your progress. Good luck!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Egg Shen Enthusiast
before attempting the hydra with our unbeaten chars my team will be trying it out a few times on our already maxed characters and develop a strategy and if it seems like we'll still lose we'll call for back up although unless it bugs out I don't think the 3 of us will have a problem

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 22, 2015 wrote:
Hi there Owen.

You are right about that Hydra being one tough egg to crack. As far as bosses come, the Hydra is in a league of it's own. As tough as it is, it surely isn't impossible to solo. I know many players who have soloed that Evil Ebon & have even farmed that Hideous Hydra solo. I myself bested the multi-headed maniac solo on my Buccaneer, the very first try at it. But you are so right that it can be a major pain in the necks.....many necks. Especially because of all of the bugs that can show up. If the bugginess occurs then you are really in for a tough battle or often, are better off fleeing. My son had difficulty with the Hydra, so I had to come help him & his Buccaneer out & when we entered battle against that Sinister Serpent-a-thingy, we walked into a bug metropolis. Despite round after round of bugs & not being able to target the Ebon, we were able to defeat that Buggy Baddy-- but it took a loooooong time, because of all the running around and evading, until we could actually draw a bead on that Wicked Wacko. I even wrote a 'song' about it!

I have a level 15 Musketeer & a level 10 Swashbuckler I am working on-- slowly but slowly. But I just may give the 'unbeaten character' thing a shot as well and probably *100% solo. So far my Musketeer has not lost a companion in battle, much less a battle...but I do fear that he may be in for a rude awakening in future worlds. My Swashbuckler has not lost a battle yet either & neither have all of my other lower level characters (5-7).

So, I'll see what unfolds & in the back of my mind, give this unbeaten thing a shot. But I don't want to get too caught up in it to where I miss out on all the fun & other fantastically amazing aspects of the game as I progress my lower levels through the story.

And good luck to you as well, with all of your characters & in the game (and life for that matter). It's been a real pleasure reading your positive posts & we are glad you joined up with this marauding crew!
Hello Valkoor!

Perhaps I was over-exaggerating a bit when I said the hydra was impossible to do solo, but when it comes to difficult fights I appreciate the company of friends to help me out. I'm not quite sure why players would want to farm the Hydra when it doesn't even give much money but hey, not my business. Your song and your alliterations show that you have amazing lyrical skills! Have you ever considered running off with Pandion to become an EPIC POET? Perhaps you could be the next Blind Homer and create your own Legend! In all seriousness I really enjoyed that song though I did not know what the tune was from. I thought it was a fun, clever, and creative way to report a bug. I did think that the Hydra fight along with other parts of Aquila were certainly a lot different than any other worlds, gameplay wise and even in terms of animation and character. The Scyllla fight and Hydra fight are two examples of this I think. I absolutely loved seeing the progress that was made in Troy after we took out the armory and headed to the Palace! Seeing the Ophidian fiendsssssss lay down their arms and surrender was unlike anything I had seen so far in the game because it provided me with a sense of progression.. not that I don't feel the crew has gotten anywhere! I feel like through this journey, Owen has matured into a sensible and patient if not young leader. I think it's fantastic you play this game with your family and that you helped your son out when he was getting frustrated! I wish you the best of luck in your own endeavors to also create an undefeated character and I agree that some of the beautiful gems of P101 can be missed if one doesn't pay attention. Thank you very much and it makes me very happy to know that my posts can make people happy. I'm glad I joined this wonderful crew of sneaks, mystics, leaders, brawlers, and sharpshooters as well!
Yohoho, a Pirate's Life for Us!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Adventurer

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
zuto4011a on May 22, 2015 wrote:
before attempting the hydra with our unbeaten chars my team will be trying it out a few times on our already maxed characters and develop a strategy and if it seems like we'll still lose we'll call for back up although unless it bugs out I don't think the 3 of us will have a problem
That sounds like a very good idea and I hope this works out for you and you have fun in the proccess :)

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Bed-Ridden Pirate [I'm out with a cold right now but my pals Ratbeard, Egg Shen, and Bonnie Anne are here to cheer me up while Emmett and The Marchioness take over for me. Who knew rats could make such good soup?]

Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
zuto4011a on May 21, 2015 wrote:
fleeing a battle counts as a loss, accidentally getting caught in a battle then fleeing it probably has caused many people to not get this
I realize that.

I don't remember ever losing a fight until I was 65, in Moo tower and barely lost to the nefarious five solo.

Because of the way I play- I do almost all the quest- and I don't level up my companions until I am 5 levels higher than they are- so they get 2 levels per book- and I only level up the companions I am using.

It wasn't until Aquila that I needed to have more than 3 companions leveled up. I didn't get any of my side quest companions until I was 65- because I wanted them 66+.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
That sounds like a very good idea and I hope this works out for you and you have fun in the proccess :)

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Bed-Ridden Pirate [I'm out with a cold right now but my pals Ratbeard, Egg Shen, and Bonnie Anne are here to cheer me up while Emmett and The Marchioness take over for me. Who knew rats could make such good soup?]
You have to find the right seasoning for Rat, otherwise their flavor is a touch strong.

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
Keep in mind, the October KI post on the unbeaten characters was that 9 people had reached 65 without being defeated. Not reached the end of the story undefeated.

My musketeer has reached 65 a few weeks back and has not challenged Hydra yet. Though the link to the post is on the first page of this thread.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
another question for ki regarding fleeing and losses, does flying through the skyway, activating combat with a ship, then leaving the area count as a loss, and does your ship being sunk count as a loss

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
anecorbie on May 24, 2015 wrote:
You have to find the right seasoning for Rat, otherwise their flavor is a touch strong.
Wait.. what?

No no no, I meant Ratbeard made me some Chicken Soup!