Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Whats under the sky?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 26, 2014
if you were to look under the sky of pirate101 what would be on the surface?

Ensign
Jul 16, 2013
I've seen a question like this and one person said that the different types of worlds are over real parts of the real world. Like mooshu is over china, cool ranch, is over the western part of the U.S.A, Marley bone is over great Britain, and Aquila is over Greece and Rome.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
ArmoredBuccaneer on May 11, 2015 wrote:
I just asked this question and might need some staff.... Oooooohhhhh Jaaackkk please answer this long asked question by many. If we were to turn to philosophy i say that all the sunken people are sitting there with food and are cooking food on there burning ships and all of the gangs gang together and attack each other leaving endless warfare on the bottom of the oceans but they get transformed and lose all mental capabilty to speak, walk (they lose their legs and grow fins) so they swim, and become our fish and sharks and seawater cows.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
ArmoredBuccaneer on May 11, 2015 wrote:
Waffles. Lots and lots of waffles.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Ensign
Jun 09, 2010
I would like to think that it is actually Wizard 101 worlds underneath the skyways hidden beneath the clouds. That is how wizards and pirates have the same worlds, but never come across each other.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Ravemonkey2788 on May 12, 2015 wrote:
I would like to think that it is actually Wizard 101 worlds underneath the skyways hidden beneath the clouds. That is how wizards and pirates have the same worlds, but never come across each other.
That is a logical thought, but remember we can see Marylebone City from Westminster Skyway. I personally think that Celestia its underneath or very near Skull Island because of the shared races inhabiting both worlds (sharks, crabs, and water moles) and the similarities in appearance between the Floating Lands and much of the whole world area of Skull Island, most specifically the Isle of Doom. Even the water moles are much alike in manner of speaking and appearance.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 13, 2015 wrote:
A huuuuuuge trampoline...
LOL Now that's just perfect

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Its how we get back up lol or hawk grows wings when we are unconcious

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I've actually thought about this quite a bit, and I'm pretty sure that I've posted a response somewhere to an older but similar question. Anyways, down to Spiral Logic.

There are a few simple principles which I think can be applied to the Spiral. Cold air is more dense, therefore it tends to sink below warmer, less dense air (though not always). As air cools, it passes a couple of known, specific points, one of these temperature points is the dew point. Without going too deep, the dew point is essentially when condensation begins to occur, or when water vapour begins to turn into liquid water.

We know that the lower air in the each spiral world is quite dense, and has hit this dew point. The reason why we know this is because of the dense cloud layer in each world that lies below the general shipping lanes.

From the cloud types seen, this lower cloud deck produces many tall convective clouds embedded within the lower cloud deck. These are the tall clouds that reach up into the traveled portion of the skyways. The clouds that our ships just skim over as we sail.

Also, all water ways in the Spiral worlds eventually flow off of the floating islands and fall to somewhere below the lower cloud deck.

I'd say that there is a surface below the floating islands. But not a land surface. I'd think that the centre of each world, below the cloud deck is a massive water body, somewhat like Earth's fluid outer core, but water instead of magma. We know that the air has reached the dew point, and water vapour has begun to condense because of the cloud layer. This condensation process leads to rainfall, which would collect somewhere. This rainfall would be added to by the water flowing from lakes and rivers that we see falling from the floating islands. Finally, convective clouds form from the sun heating a surface, and that heat energy then radiation upwards, creating warmer air that rises in the atmosphere. So, we know that there must be some sort of surface to (will be continued)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
(continuing from the last post,... I seem to have talked too much).

As I was saying.

We know that there must be some sort of surface below the cloud layer in order to collect the heat energy and radiate back upwards into the atmosphere's of each world. This surface must also have a very high moisture content in order to sustain such extensive cloud decks as seen in each world we've sailed to.

So, I'd say that logically, this evidence suggests that the floating island of each world lay above an extensive possibly spherical ocean world. And, perhaps, Celestia is simply one of the spherical worlds with other yet undiscovered floating islands above it.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
It's the abyss a lonely and large place, this is the place that separate between two different 101 universe in theory.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CdeWinter on May 13, 2015 wrote:

As I was saying.

We know that there must be some sort of surface below the cloud layer in order to collect the heat energy and radiate back upwards into the atmosphere's of each world. This surface must also have a very high moisture content in order to sustain such extensive cloud decks as seen in each world we've sailed to.

So, I'd say that logically, this evidence suggests that the floating island of each world lay above an extensive possibly spherical ocean world. And, perhaps, Celestia is simply one of the spherical worlds with other yet undiscovered floating islands above it.
That's a wonderful and very well thought out and scientific notion, Scarlet....though, I'm still holding out hope that it's a huuuuuge trampoline!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

As I was saying.

My goodness that was just brilliant. I feel smarter already.
That really makes a lot of sense. You impart knowledge well Milady De Winter.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
Don't we all wish?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
autrison12 on May 14, 2015 wrote:
Don't we all wish?
My what fun that would be...and the whole crew bouncing at once would be something to see. Especially Warrior's crew of 124

For some reason I can really see Bagha Khan having the most fun....cause bouncing is what tigers do best.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010

As I was saying.

I have know idea what you're talking about. But it sounded scientific, so I like it . Seriously though, well thought out.

The Grin Reaper

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
The Spiral itself is in another universe, far from our world. The definition of "spiral" in astronomy means: "A galaxy in a spiral shape", meaning it is basically a type of galaxy. So, it is unknown what goes on under the clouds, which would debunk the idea of it being over the real countries.