Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unable to do Bonnie's Promotion

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Just until recently I finally decided to give Bonnie another shot on my Musketeer. I leveled her up, and I'm now on her Sniper quest. However, because my musketeer's in Marleybone, I can't talk to Catbeard. Could you make it so the dialogue appears when I go talk to him instead of me having to struggle all the way through Marleybone just to finish her quest?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Catbeard will be unavailable to assist you with this promotion quest when your character's main quest is in between the quests "That Darned Cat" and "The Verdict." Once you complete this, you'll be able to continue with Bonnie Anne's promotion.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
This is an EXCELLENT reason not to put off promotion quests.

I usually got Bonnie's Sniper promotion while in Cool Ranch or in Port Royale. Maybe if you don't promote her, using all your tomes on other characters she might end up not getting it until you get to Mooshu.

But seriously. Bonnie gets the promotion quest when she reaches level 31. You are usually level 50 by the time you get to Marleybone. That's putting your pirate 20 levels ahead of her. By that time, a single training tome will promote her a level. Maybe two.

You will also have gone through Port Royale, Cool Ranch Part II, and Mooshu. That's a lot.

So, I can't see that you get to Marleybone before you even get the quest. It has to be that you neglected doing it. At this point, it will be a piece of cake. Once you are virtually done with Marleybone, of course, in another 10 levels.

Don't put off promotion quests, unless you simply can't reach the world that it happens in. Otherwise, this stuff happens.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Max DeGroot on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
This is an EXCELLENT reason not to put off promotion quests.

I usually got Bonnie's Sniper promotion while in Cool Ranch or in Port Royale. Maybe if you don't promote her, using all your tomes on other characters she might end up not getting it until you get to Mooshu.

But seriously. Bonnie gets the promotion quest when she reaches level 31. You are usually level 50 by the time you get to Marleybone. That's putting your pirate 20 levels ahead of her. By that time, a single training tome will promote her a level. Maybe two.

You will also have gone through Port Royale, Cool Ranch Part II, and Mooshu. That's a lot.

So, I can't see that you get to Marleybone before you even get the quest. It has to be that you neglected doing it. At this point, it will be a piece of cake. Once you are virtually done with Marleybone, of course, in another 10 levels.

Don't put off promotion quests, unless you simply can't reach the world that it happens in. Otherwise, this stuff happens.
At first, after I did Khotan with my swashbuckler, when Bonnie died after two not-so-strong hits, I never used her again. Now, I'm trying to find another good third musketeer companion for my musketeer. I didn't know I had to talk to Catbeard during her promotion(i forgot)! I had put her at the end of my crew because I had no trouble without her. Now that I've hit Marleybone,

Yeah, I know, I shouldn't've put it off. But, do you have any suggestions for a good third?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Apr 15, 2015 wrote:
At first, after I did Khotan with my swashbuckler, when Bonnie died after two not-so-strong hits, I never used her again. Now, I'm trying to find another good third musketeer companion for my musketeer. I didn't know I had to talk to Catbeard during her promotion(i forgot)! I had put her at the end of my crew because I had no trouble without her. Now that I've hit Marleybone,

Yeah, I know, I shouldn't've put it off. But, do you have any suggestions for a good third?
I think you have a really good one in Bonnie. She will do you proud once you help her out a bit. Her scattershot that lowers everyone's accuracy will become a real asset as well as her Double Tap & Burst fire. She will mow them down repeatedly and then take out someone else, when the odds are right. Her heal has helped in many a tight fight too, just wait until someone is really low to get the most benefit out of it. If yours is too much of a squishy then increase her armor to protect her. A well trained Bonnie Anne kicks some serious tush.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

As a musketeer you'll get Pvt. Mills in MB, from the main quest line, he's very good.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Bonnie is really good! why wait so long? Once you finish marleybone you can promote her. btw my friend had the same problem except with rat-beard.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012

Your second, I assume, is Chantal Livingstone.

Here is the order I keep the musketeers on my Musketeer Pirate in:

Hidenari Kuga (but only because I just got him and he's a level ahead of everyone else)
Bonnie Anne (Yeah, she has a lot of pluses that make me want to keep her)
Chantal Livingstone (good stuff, but not as much as Bonnie)
Duck Holliday
Corporal Sanders
Louis Le Bisque
Hoss Cartwright
Rooster Cogburn (although I absolutely LOVE his True Grit)
Wind Wolf

To be honest, though, I try to keep my main party diverse. A party of all musketeers will be at a SEVERE disadvantage when you take on Rooke near the end of Marleybone. Musketeers also tend to be very low in hit points, simply because they can hit from quite a distance. If you want companions that can take punishment, go with Buccaneers.