Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Picking your Follower

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
So I really like being able to have your first mate / pet follow you around, but I think it would be really cool to be able to just have any companion/pet you have be your follower, without having to make them your first mate/ equip them as your pet. For instance I would love to have Laarn (I finally got a bear companion!) follow me around, but because of my strategy (which is that he is my 3rd companion, as I like him to finish off the foe, which activates his feeding frenzy and blade storm) I cant have him following me around because of this. I also just bought a crowns gift card from Dollar general, which is one of the coolest looking pets in my opinion, and it would be really cool to have him follow me, but because I need to have a pet that has a grant regroup, I don't want to have to unequip that just to have him follow me around. My suggestion would be to have a little "badge" or something that is labeled follower on the Pets and Companions tabs, and just have you able to put that badge on them, and they follow you around. I know that it doesn't make much sense for the pets as the one following you would go into battle, but since the companions update, your first, second, and third mate will all go into battle with you, so it makes almost as much sense for your first mate to follow you, as your second and third.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I like this idea. Why not?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
So I really like being able to have your first mate / pet follow you around, but I think it would be really cool to be able to just have any companion/pet you have be your follower, without having to make them your first mate/ equip them as your pet. For instance I would love to have Laarn (I finally got a bear companion!) follow me around, but because of my strategy (which is that he is my 3rd companion, as I like him to finish off the foe, which activates his feeding frenzy and blade storm) I cant have him following me around because of this. I also just bought a crowns gift card from Dollar general, which is one of the coolest looking pets in my opinion, and it would be really cool to have him follow me, but because I need to have a pet that has a grant regroup, I don't want to have to unequip that just to have him follow me around. My suggestion would be to have a little "badge" or something that is labeled follower on the Pets and Companions tabs, and just have you able to put that badge on them, and they follow you around. I know that it doesn't make much sense for the pets as the one following you would go into battle, but since the companions update, your first, second, and third mate will all go into battle with you, so it makes almost as much sense for your first mate to follow you, as your second and third.
I love this idea! My favorite time for this was when there was a bug to get both your pet and companion to follow you. That was awesome! But, back to topic, the idea itself is an excellent idea. You could have a classy or epic companion follow you around, no matter how weak, and they'll never join battle with your main group in front!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Yes I like this idea. Maybe Kingsisle can add it in why not.