Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

changing pirate avatar.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 16, 2014
ahoy there,I come at ye with a supposition of my pirate ? could it be possible to change the "Imagery " of my pirate ( Avatar) to another,without jeopardizing all I'ave gained under the present pirate avatar image ,and change his name aswell ?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
It is my understanding that you can't change your name or appearance of your pirate (yet?). Please correct me if I m wrong.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
seathunder777 on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
ahoy there,I come at ye with a supposition of my pirate ? could it be possible to change the "Imagery " of my pirate ( Avatar) to another,without jeopardizing all I'ave gained under the present pirate avatar image ,and change his name aswell ?
You can't change your looks or name. If you want to get a new character look and name, then make a new pirate and simply transfer all items that you want. You don't have to delete your current character if he has lots of stuff with him.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
No we aren't able to do that. I wish we could, though. I'd like to make a few changes without having to level a new pirate to max.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The only things that I am aware of that can't be transferred between Pirates in the same Account yet are Houses, Ships, Companions, Gold, and Scrip. The only items you can't transfer from your Bank, Backpack, or anywhere else are items that say No Trade on the information card. You can transfer any items in the House or Ship which, I believe, includes the Captain's Quarters or the Captain's Cabin. There is a partial work around for Gold: you have to spend it on something (other than Houses, Ships or Companions), transfer what you spent it on to the new Pirate, and have the new Pirate (if he doesn't want it) sell it. Of course, you don't get what you spent on it but that, as far as I know, that is the only way to transfer even a part of the Gold your first Pirate has accumulated. I would think it might work the same for Scrip but I am not sure since I haven't tried selling things back to the Black Market yet.

Good Luck! Hope this clears up the confusion.

Ensign
Jan 31, 2015
No. Pirates is set up the same as Wizard: you cannot and will not be able to change a character's looks or name after creation. Ever. This is due to the fact that everything about your pirate is stored on KI servers. The only thing you can do is delete and/or create a new Pirate.