Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crafting: suggestions & imput for Ratbeard

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
As a Grandmaster Artisan ( and soon to be Legendary ) I have some input on crafting. There are two things that really bother me about how crafting is done in W101.
Craft Quests - Why do we have to make two of the same item? In lower levels this isn't difficult as the reagents used are common and very easy to find. But in higher levels those recipes demand rare to ultra rare reagents, thus asking for two of the same kind of item has more than doubled the work. Which leads me to the second thing that bothers me:
Transmutations ( a very cool idea ) Yet sometimes transmuting a common reagent to a rare or ultra rare reagent is more work than crafting the item that needs those reagents.
For example: I need 9 sunstones ( ultra rare ) to make 1 spirit caller drum. buying them is next to impossible, they're in high demand and expensive.
Transmuting requires this: 15 sandstone to make 1 sunstone, sandstone is also very rare
to transmute sandstone requires 10 stone blocks ( common ) to make 1 sandstone
Simple math, you can see where I'm going with this To get sunstone I need to first transmute stone blocks into sandstone, then I transmute sandstone into sunstone.
Is there some way that the exchange rate could be made higher in the middle or the requirement of so many blocks into sandstone lowered? And remember I don't just need 9 sunstone I need twice the amount because I have to make 2 drums!
Thank you for your consideration and I hope crafting is on it's way!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Would it be possible to add a 'deconstruction' ability to crafting? I would like to take an item I crafted, take it a part, and reclaim the reagents that went into making it.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
wrong game , this is all wizard information, and fyi- in Azteca and Khrysalis you only need to make one item, I would like to see crafting come to pirate IF the items are useful, Wizard has too many items that are too weird, I would like to see pirate add ship crafting (I've made enough houses in wiz).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witefeather on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
wrong game , this is all wizard information, and fyi- in Azteca and Khrysalis you only need to make one item, I would like to see crafting come to pirate IF the items are useful, Wizard has too many items that are too weird, I would like to see pirate add ship crafting (I've made enough houses in wiz).
Ratbeard ( the developer ) has mentioned in a few posts that crafting is coming to p101. He has asked for suggestions and input before; which is why I made this post.
Post Edit: I have achieved Legendary Artisan. Ship and House crafting would be amazing; also blocks crafting. I don't understand why you think recipes on w101 are 'too weird', I 've crafted a Tower Music Box ( which I enjoy playing ) and a manikin to display my wardrobe.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
When crafting first arrived in Wizard101, there were no transmutes, and we had to make FIVE things, not two. The designers responded to player feedback and addressed most of the difficulty for Crafting. One would think that the pirate developers asked for notes from the Wizard101 side before trying to re-create the wheel for pirate players.

Just as Hatching is called Morphing for pirates, I'm thinking "crafting" will be called "tinkering" or something like that when it arrives. I hope they keep it fairly simple from the get-go, but ramp up the difficulty accordingly for higher levels.

I would love to be able to create items that are actionable and profitable. I always found it frustrating that a crafted item was worth less than the sum of its parts, or couldn't be auctioned at all. Crafting rare items for friends is one of the perks!

Finally, please, NEVER, ever, add craftable items to booster packs and undermine the hard-working crafters in the world. You should remember the tidal wave of disappointment when they added crafted items to the Wizard101 hoard packs.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Don't forget, you needed to create 4 kongo(idk if I spelled that right) drums for the two spirit caller drums. That crafting quest took me the longest by far. After that, Azteca and Khrysalis were very easy for me. Anyways, back on topic, I do hope the craftable items are useful in this game. I worked my thumbs off getting to promethean crafter and the only really useful things to craft are the shadow forged weapons, which I don't even use due to their poor stat boost, and the Castle Darkmoor decks which require arm plus leg to be able to craft. Honestly, like Willowy said, the whole SHOULD be greater than the sum of its parts. I'm always disappointed with how things turned out. I don't craft equipment because of how poorly it turns out.

Sorry if this just seemed like I was dumping my rage out. I've bottled that within me for a while now it just spilled out.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, that's clever, Willowy Dream, having 'crafting' be 'tinkering' in the Pirate101 world.

I love crafting in Wizard101. Crafting and fishing (and crafting with fish!) are among the things I enjoy most about the game. As Anecorbie points out, some of the aspects of crafting are less fun - in particular the need to make 2 of something particularly challenging to craft to finally get the item you want in the end. I don't mind it being challenging, but when you finally do it and then realize, 'oh, I need another one'... that's a bit disenheartening.

Although I have enjoyed crafting gear for my wizards, what I love most of all is making things for my house. Egg baskets, pots of soup, chairs, tables, beds... you name it. Fish tanks -- oo, love 'em! Soon I will need another house to keep all my fish tanks (and I have one in mind!) But my very favorite things to craft are the teleporting tapestries. They are useful, and I do use them to teleport as I need to, but what I love about them is that they are so beautiful! You can hang them on the wall, and they provide lovely artwork for your house!