Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mixed Weapons

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
I have a question about mixed weapons, such as Slashy/Smashy, Shooty/Slashy and etc. I'm pretty sure you viewers know that class trainers give talents that increase your weapon power. If you don't quite understand, it's when, for example, have the Stabby Weapons talent and when you equip a stabby weapon, you get more weapon power. Eager for weapon power, I wanted to equip a Smashy/Slashy weapon and would like to know if I had the talents Smashy Weapons and Stabby Weapons, I would get weapon power from both (combined). Before I do, I would like to know if it works so I don't have to waste training points and risk the chances of paying to reset my points.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
It is my understanding that you would get more weapon power if you trained yourself in both weapon types. I would recommend sticking with weapon types that depend on your top two statistics (ie Strength, Agility, or Will). I believe there may be a trade-off between a straight weapon type versus a combo type that may affect what talents/powers that you are able to use.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
equipping a smashy/slashy weapon would make it so you would need (for more weapon power) to train on buccaneer for smashy, and privateer for slashy. Both will add to bonus attack points, since you are using mixed weapons. Since you have the points for stabby and smashy, if you equip a slashy/smashy, the stabby bonus would not show up.

I'm pretty sure, your powers will not be affected, as long as (since the weapon you equiped is meelee) the power is a meelee power. (not counting powers that use spell power, like ghostwail, and gunnery) If you do have a long range power, I would suggest using a shooty/______ (put in whatever you want)

Hope I helped!!!

Careless Natalie Evans lvl 57