Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what companions would you like to see go?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
what companions, if you had the choice, would you like to get rid of? why? here's mine:
1. nurse quinn because she really dosent make any since, she is a witchdoctor and yet she dosent use magic, and she is only good if you just got her other wise she is a waste of space
2. the weasle gambler first of all he is super annoying and like i said for nurse quinn only good when you first get him and he is also a waste of space
3. gaspard de vole he is also super annoying and i just dont like him
thats all i have please post your ideas

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jesusfollower363 on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:
what companions, if you had the choice, would you like to get rid of? why? here's mine:
1. nurse quinn because she really dosent make any since, she is a witchdoctor and yet she dosent use magic, and she is only good if you just got her other wise she is a waste of space
2. the weasle gambler first of all he is super annoying and like i said for nurse quinn only good when you first get him and he is also a waste of space
Here we go, another "Let's get rid of some companions" post. Don't you see, that these 'super annoying' companions aren't a waste of space at all?

1. Set the companions you simply can't stand to tasks that help you: Sailin', Plunderin', Wranglin', or Scavengin'. For Nautical XP, gold, pet gear/snacks, or gear ( you might even get a 'gold mine' , a pet, or gear with a card! )
2. Let them level themselves by assigning them to Brawlin' to earn their own XP.

P.S. Gaspard de Vole is an important main line companion, leveling and promoting him is very important.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
None. I love all my crew and the all have special places in my heart. They all have different strengths and weaknesses. Those that are just not up for heavy fighting are really great a slinking around and bringing me back all sorts of wonderful stuff.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
What companions would I like to get rid of? hmmm....If I had to choose, it would be...

1. the crab witchdoctor swashbucklers get, cuz since we already have old scratch (who is way better cuz he gots promotions and stuffs) and for me right now, he isn't that strong....

2. the crazy monquister you get from defeating gortez, cuz swashbucklers already have bonnie anne, and da crazy monquistor doesn't have any epics to use.

3. I would agree with you jesusfollower about nurse quin and da weasel gambler..for the same reasons

I never got Gaspard de vole, so I have no opinion on that, but is did get milo graytail, and he's really helping right now

Careless Natalie Evans lvl 45

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Why see any of them go? Set them doing a task for you if you don't want them to come up in battle. If you're really anti that particular companion, then leave them wandering about your house.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Why would you like to get rid of your faithful followers? If you don't like them send them pet wrangling' or whatnot. Never ever would I choose to cut their contract they are lifetime employees haha!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
None of them-- for they will forever, faithfully follow me to the end of time.....and to a rather large buffet table! I love 'em all!!!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
A good captain is loyal to all her (or his) faithful crew, and would never cast any of them off. But depending on the battle, a wise captain knows that some are less suited to this active service.

So, as others have said wisely, set them to 'companion tasks' - pet wrangling, looking around for loot or gold, building shipfaring experience, that sort of thing. And if you don't want to see them on your roster, why you can have them be in your house, instead. But none of mine are (even though it is pretty neat to see them running around), because I like them all.

Poor Nurse Quinn. Her animations are charming and amusing. I can see her as quite a character (which means, I suppose, I should stop dragging my feet and actually submit the fan fiction I wrote where she gets a major role...) Yes, she usually goes on the hunt for pet snacks for me, but I have her fully leveled in hopes that she will get the promotion she deserves. I think my crazy monquistador is cute (even if he isn't in the battles he longs for these days), though my favorite Monquistan is my privateer's monquisitor (who is feisty and funny). I really like my Monquistan knight too. I also hope for promotions for them (and yep, they too all all fully leveled, ready and waiting)

But Gaspard de Vole, he is really good! His courteous ways are also delightful. Perhaps you should level him up and see what he is capable of.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
For any pirate class none, in my opinon each companion have thire advantages and disadvantages.Just give them other task to keep your crew busy and well supplied like brawling,pet wrangling etc or just put them in your dorm, deeds or the ship cabin.

Some companions do need a promotion to boost their usefulness example Nurse Quinn, The Bison Braves, and the water mole slinger. I am more than happy to use these under appreciated companions, if they have a promotion someday.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
What kind of question be that? I will never get rid of any of them, they be me friends they be me family and as they will fight fer me till the bitter end so I will do the same with them and their quests, that be me pirate code of honor.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
A pirate is nothing without his crew and besides you are captain because the crew currently agrees on it. Wouldn't it be interesting if the possibility of mutiny was added to the game.....hmmm

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
In my honest opinion no companion deserves to be rid of. Every companion is option-able to use and if you don't like a companion simply don't use them, to me companions like Nurse Quinn, Weasel Gambler and Gaspard De Vole can be somehow easily seen as 'weak' at certain points in the game but that doesn't deny the fact that they are available when they are needed most, I honestly don't see how getting rid of companions benefits anyone except for people who must have a very strong disliking towards a certain or certain companions. The companions that seem useless, weak and annoying to many pirates have been helpful for me in Aquila, despite not having promotions or the best stats they've still helped me progress and win many battles, I always say if I lose a battle it's not because of my companions but it was because of how I used my role as Captain.