Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Better Drops

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Does anyone know how i can get better drops from a dungeon? specifically The Tower Of Moo Manchu.

I've heard that if you play the dungeon (specifically the Tower Of Moo Manchu) with someone who hasn't started the tower yet, you would get better drops from the Nefarious five, is this true?

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
1of1 Buccaneer on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
Does anyone know how i can get better drops from a dungeon? specifically The Tower Of Moo Manchu.

I've heard that if you play the dungeon (specifically the Tower Of Moo Manchu) with someone who hasn't started the tower yet, you would get better drops from the Nefarious five, is this true?
I don't think that is true, most of the time when I do the nefarious five I think it is how fast you defeat them and win the fight or how many you knock out in one round. Same goes for Moo Manchu because I have only gotten one thing from him and that is his hat, but the Moo Manchu fight itself does take quite a while to complete though.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Drops are totally random. There isn't anything you can do to change that, unless you're good at head patting and tummy rubbing.

And no, running the Tower with someone who hasn't done it before won't increase drop chances. I have only been able to do it four times and have absolutely nothing to show for it besides some Nefarious glowy eyeballs.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
Arr, if ye do the Chicken Dance before each boss dies, ye be guaranteed better drops.
Nar, just kidding. It be random, matey.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
1of1 Buccaneer on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:

Although drips are probably just random there are some theories about if you use treasure bath It reduces the chance of drops or killing the musket last (which he is the one that actually drops all the gear) will increase a chance p, you could try that out and see but I can't guarantee although it has worked sometimes for me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ninja Phoenix123 on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
Although drips are probably just random there are some theories about if you use treasure bath It reduces the chance of drops or killing the musket last (which he is the one that actually drops all the gear) will increase a chance p, you could try that out and see but I can't guarantee although it has worked sometimes for me.
No, no, no! That's just a myth, you can't manipulate drops by game behavior!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
"treasure bath It reduces the chance of drops or killing the musket last (which he is the one that actually drops all the gear) will increase a chance"

Also not true. Sorry! The loot roll is completely random. There are a lot of people who believe the Treasure Bath myth, but using that doubloon won't change anything drop-related.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I have to agree with the others that say, you can't influence the loot rolls and what the game drops. What you can do with some things though is try to play the percentages-- but it is still all 100% random. You are just taking the higher percentage of success, discovered from controlled, quality analysis and testing. Take morphing for example.

If, when morphing, you conduct a statistical analysis on the various ways and orders of clicking, as with all controlled studies, one order will show to have a higher percentage of likelihood at successfully morphing your desired pet. For example if I morphed the same two pets, 1000 times in each of the various "orders of self-morphing" (select the undesired pet on the left side first..then the desired pet on the right/select the desired pet on the left side first..then the undesired pet on the right side/desired on the right first..undesired on left.....and so on) I will more than likely see that statistically in one group of those 1000- morphing order groups, the percentage for success may be greater and maybe even noticeably greater. It was all still random but during the randomness one variation produced more desirable results. So, if you have done this (which I have not...well at least not 1000 times), then you may be inclined to go with the order that, just as an example, produced 65% success versus the other ones that were 55% or lower. You haven't influenced anything, but you are playing the controlled testing percentages that came from quality controlled studying.

Same could be done with the whole collecting the chests order, defeating boss first- "x" enemy last, stand on left peg or right leg while collecting, burp the ABC's after drinking each of the following: Yoohoo's, Sprite and Pepto. In any of those instances, during a controlled testing you will surely see one "version" that creates a higher percentage of success-- less tests, greater chance of higher disparity. There are actually players out there that take the time to do some of this testing and a lot of what you may hear is kind of "urban legends" based on their results. They can't influence the results any more than you or I can, but they can and do hope that the percentages and numbers produce greater success.

But truth be told, if I tested 10,000 times for each possible solo-morphing combo, and one version of random was significantly higher....better believe I'd be using that way when trying for that next, new and amazing hybrid-- along with some extra head patting and tummy rubbing! Oh great, which direction, which hand doing what and to the beat of either "Come on Eileen" or "The Safety Dance" or "Caribbean Queen"? (yeah, I'm old and don't possess the best taste in music)

hmmm...better start testing on that too!

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
No, no, no! That's just a myth, you can't manipulate drops by game behavior!
Okay, okay I understand I have just heard these things going around. Don't always believe what you read is true.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
I have to agree with the others that say, you can't influence the loot rolls and what the game drops. What you can do with some things though is try to play the percentages-- but it is still all 100% random. You are just taking the higher percentage of success, discovered from controlled, quality analysis and testing. Take morphing for example.

If, when morphing, you conduct a statistical analysis on the various ways and orders of clicking, as with all controlled studies, one order will show to have a higher percentage of likelihood at successfully morphing your desired pet. For example if I morphed the same two pets, 1000 times in each of the various "orders of self-morphing" (select the undesired pet on the left side first..then the desired pet on the right/select the desired pet on the left side first..then the undesired pet on the right side/desired on the right first..undesired on left.....and so on) I will more than likely see that statistically in one group of those 1000- morphing order groups, the percentage for success may be greater and maybe even noticeably greater. It was all still random but during the randomness one variation produced more desirable results. So, if you have done this (which I have not...well at least not 1000 times), then you may be inclined to go with the order that, just as an example, produced 65% success versus the other ones that were 55% or lower. You haven't influenced anything, but you are playing the controlled testing percentages that came from quality controlled studying.

Same could be done with the whole collecting the chests order, defeating boss first- "x" enemy last, stand on left peg or right leg while collecting, burp the ABC's after drinking each of the following: Yoohoo's, Sprite and Pepto. In any of those instances, during a controlled testing you will surely see one "version" that creates a higher percentage of success-- less tests, greater chance of higher disparity. There are actually players out there that take the time to do some of this testing and a lot of what you may hear is kind of "urban legends" based on their results. They can't influence the results any more than you or I can, but they can and do hope that the percentages and numbers produce greater success.

But truth be told, if I tested 10,000 times for each possible solo-morphing combo, and one version of random was significantly higher....better believe I'd be using that way when trying for that next, new and amazing hybrid-- along with some extra head patting and tummy rubbing! Oh great, which direction, which hand doing what and to the beat of either "Come on Eileen" or "The Safety Dance" or "Caribbean Queen"? (yeah, I'm old and don't possess the best taste in music)

hmmm...better start testing on that too!
Lol, Safety Dance, I loved that song!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
Lol, Safety Dance, I loved that song!
Oh yes, an all time favorite of mine as well.

"S-s-s-s, A-a-a-a, F-f-f-f, E-e-e-e, T-t-t-t, Y-y-y-y.....is it safe to dance, oh is it safe to dance?"

Crazy question I know, it's always safe to dance-- except for ol' Ratbeard, he's got one left foot!

Buuuuut.....he does create quite a nice and melodic beat.

"Footstep-footstep, clickity-clack...footstep-clackity-footstep-click...footstep-footstep-clackity-footstep...clackity- clackity-click-footstep-clack." (sorry couldn't resist bringing that back again)