Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Laggy!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 17, 2014
It took me one hour to complete the tutorial + get the ship because it's incredibly laggy!

I don't have a slow computer, wizard101 strolls excelently so I have no idea. Does this always happen when it's your first time playing?

Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
If you just downloaded Pirate101 onto your computer, then it has to load and render multiple files and such.
I'm not a computer expert, but my best guess is that when you did the tutorial, it was still loading many parts of the game, slowing down your gameplay. After everything has been loaded, performance should improve. Of course, it could be something completely different, in which case you might want to contact support.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Nicole ShadowSong on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
It took me one hour to complete the tutorial + get the ship because it's incredibly laggy!

I don't have a slow computer, wizard101 strolls excelently so I have no idea. Does this always happen when it's your first time playing?
It could be that you are on a full server, it wasn't too laggy on my first time on the game, but that's because I started the game as soon as it came out. If it's your first time playing it could be that your computer is still loading up some things in the background like maybe then new update patches, it might be that your computer is loading many things at once. Have you got any other application software open? It could be that your computer is slow due to multiple applications being used. When I log onto the game it's a bit laggy for a few seconds but then it's completely fine.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
For me, the tutorial wasn't laggy but when I first joined everyone else in the real game then it became pretty laggy at first. It still is laggy for me some times. I'd say about 9.7345% of the time the game is laggy for me.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
If it seems laggy that often you might want to check what server you're playing on. Move to a less crowded realm and it should improve, assuming the issue is not your connection.