Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Squid Teaser Clip

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
Sooo...if you have not seen the new teaser clip, check out the Twitter or Facebook sites. It seems like the squid guy from the newsletter is a very important boss of some type . Looks like the new world is going to be here soon! Don't you know who he is

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
"Oi! No talking directly to the Boss! Don't you know who 'e is?"

Yes! Hilarious! That teaser I just watched is really funny! It cracks me up every time I hear it! Kudos, P101 dev team!

Other than that, it's that squid that I saw from that concept art image in "Vadima's Visions" at the recent newsletter. I think his name is Squid Viscous. I wonder what his role is in the game? It could be Book 15 material... or something else. I can't tell.

If anybody else thinks it's the giant Sky Squid from the Puppet Show portion of the character creation screen, don't get your hopes up just yet. That is very different from that squid. Those who have chosen that choice will still have to wait until they face that Sky Squid face to face... someday.

Anyone else who watched this small teaser have thoughts on this?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
1 Pirate Dad on Nov 14, 2014 wrote:
Sooo...if you have not seen the new teaser clip, check out the Twitter or Facebook sites. It seems like the squid guy from the newsletter is a very important boss of some type . Looks like the new world is going to be here soon! Don't you know who he is
This is an interesting development indeed. It certainly adds fuel to the fire that this new expansion will happen before the holidays. Judging by the soundtrack playing, it will be in Skull Island again, meaning these small but fun expansions are buying time for KI to make a HUGE double, maybe TRIPLE world expansion later in the future! Very impressive idea, KI! Anyway, I am VERY interested in how this Squid Viscous character will play into the story. And I am very eager to listen to Hinson the Frog tell us not to talk to the boss over and over again lol!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks for the 'heads-up' Pirate Dad! That was a little clip that both amused and incited curiosity. And, truthfully, envy: why didn't I think of 'Squid Vicious' for the name when Vadima's vision became known! Excellent punning, KI!

And I think the gentle pun of 'Hinson' for the Frog associate is a nice touch as well. I notice he has quite the cockney, er, Marleybonean Undertown accent. So is Hinson a Marleybonean making his home (excuse me, 'is 'ome) in foreign lands... or is he a native of Port Regal, perhaps?

Anyway, I could really enjoy Hinson's line when I am working and getting constantly interrupted. Maybe I will just mutter inwardly 'Oi! No talking directly to the boss'

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
I don't think this will be a side expansion, but the way we will sneak into Valencia again, as the last thing that happened before the story ended was us going to Avery to find a way to sneak into Valencia. Maybe Avery tells us how to find a person who knows a way in, or can sneak by, and this person is Squid Viscous. I see this new squid as being a pirate captain, or a black market head like the Frogfather. I just pray this new update will come before the holidays.
Clever Sam Jones

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, another clip has surfaced.......SHOWING AN ENTRANCE INTO A ROOM IN THE SHIP!!!!! We have indoor areas of a ship coming soon!!!!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Nov 17, 2014 wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, another clip has surfaced.......SHOWING AN ENTRANCE INTO A ROOM IN THE SHIP!!!!! We have indoor areas of a ship coming soon!!!!
AND ANOTHER CLIP! Geez, this update must be CLOSE. Anyway, find it on Facebook. It appears to be a GAUNTLET dungeon to add to your house........ My Armada of 123 companions is ready!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
warriorscreed on Nov 18, 2014 wrote:
AND ANOTHER CLIP! Geez, this update must be CLOSE. Anyway, find it on Facebook. It appears to be a GAUNTLET dungeon to add to your house........ My Armada of 123 companions is ready!
That is called a Housing Dungeon. Wizard101's got three so far, & very soon, Pirate101 is going to have it's very first Housing Dungeon! No doubt we may receive a new bundle that comes with it. The best part of that is, that it's very unique, merely like the others in Wizard101, in terms of interior designs, that is. What adventure, treasure, & danger shall we unfold once this housing dungeon gets in the hands of eager Pirates? We'll find out real soon.

Plus, on a different note... 123 COMPANIONS?! Yeesh! You've amassed quite a crew! & no doubt you may recruit more later.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 18, 2014 wrote:
That is called a Housing Dungeon. Wizard101's got three so far, & very soon, Pirate101 is going to have it's very first Housing Dungeon! No doubt we may receive a new bundle that comes with it. The best part of that is, that it's very unique, merely like the others in Wizard101, in terms of interior designs, that is. What adventure, treasure, & danger shall we unfold once this housing dungeon gets in the hands of eager Pirates? We'll find out real soon.

Plus, on a different note... 123 COMPANIONS?! Yeesh! You've amassed quite a crew! & no doubt you may recruit more later.
I have to say, I am REVED up for this new update! And yes lol! I have 123 companions. The only ones left for me to get are three of the dino companions and three of the bears. I never got the Cat Pirate, but if someone had him AND the Ninja pig, the current MAXIMUM amount of companions is 130........8 FULL PAGES. I have the Ninja Pig, so my max is 129.