Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hidden Companions?

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I just thought of this idea. What if when you completed every main and side quest in a world, you get a notification saying that a special dungeon has been unlocked, one which you must find on your own.
This dungeon has bosses and creatures that exceed the level cap of that world and you can only successfully do these dungeons once. After beating the final boss an NPC appears and has the signalling a task. They will ask you to do some things in said dungeon. After completing all their tasks you have 2 choices. Battle the quest giver or give him gold in return he will join yer crew! This should be a tough battle included with cheats and if you try to bribe them... don't bribe too little or too much or you will lose gold, they will have a randomized gold requirement in order to recruit them that way.
Skull Island - Little Squinty (Rat Squirt)
Monquista - Saint Bana N. Apeel (Monquistador Priest)
Valencia - Libro (Unicorn Librarian)
Cool Ranch - El Gran Sapo (Toad Outlaw)
MooShu - Yasashi Ki No Majo (Treant Spell Caster)
Marleybone - Marilyn Meownro (Cat Singer)
Aquila - Joan of Cluck (Dove Soldier)

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
I sort of like that idea but don't like having to work extra hard at gaining that extra crew member, nor having to work through a long hidden dungeon plus then bribe him to join me in the first place? I wouldn't bother with it. If there's going to be a reward for going out of your way to complete every quest, then it should be a simple one. I do like the idea of a bonus crew member that's tied to the theme of that world.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah I guess that's a bit of work, although it's just my perspective, I just like going for treasure no matter how small. Maybe have it as a special event where an important character in that world offers you a companion? Of course only after completing everything in that world.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
I just thought of this idea. What if when you completed every main and side quest in a world, you get a notification saying that a special dungeon has been unlocked, one which you must find on your own.
This dungeon has bosses and creatures that exceed the level cap of that world and you can only successfully do these dungeons once. After beating the final boss an NPC appears and has the signalling a task. They will ask you to do some things in said dungeon. After completing all their tasks you have 2 choices. Battle the quest giver or give him gold in return he will join yer crew! This should be a tough battle included with cheats and if you try to bribe them... don't bribe too little or too much or you will lose gold, they will have a randomized gold requirement in order to recruit them that way.
Personally, I have ALWAYS liked the idea of hidden things in any game. For example, there is a secret boss in the Isle of Doom somewhere with a custom loot drop and another secret boss hidden behind a FAKE door in one of the Azteca-themed dungeons somewhere in the world of Skull Island, but I won't tell you where, as to keep it secret . I would love to see special, secret companions released. One for example already in the game is Rooster Cogburn, and you get him after completing ALL of his quests! Find him in Cool Ranch at the jail there and accept the first quest to begin! However, the bosses you fight will gain level, and you will need to be level 35-40 to successfully take them on.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
The one thing I don't like about this ( I have other issues but I'll mention them later ) Is that you can only do this dungeon once! What if, besides companions, it has special drops? How could we farm a dungeon we can only do once?
I don't like the option of bribing to gain a crew member ( with a sliding scale, where you have to guess at the amount )
Plus, I don't like any of your crew choices, if this style of dungeon is ever used in p101, I'll pass!

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
The one thing I don't like about this ( I have other issues but I'll mention them later ) Is that you can only do this dungeon once! What if, besides companions, it has special drops? How could we farm a dungeon we can only do once?
I don't like the option of bribing to gain a crew member ( with a sliding scale, where you have to guess at the amount )
Plus, I don't like any of your crew choices, if this style of dungeon is ever used in p101, I'll pass!
Sorry if you disliked it, I just wanted to share an idea.
By once successfully I meant you can only do the dungeon once AND recruit the companion, you can do the dungeon again for it's new drops but you can't recruit a companion again.
The sliding scale wouldn't be up to 200000 gold, only about 50000 gold max and not everything should be free in my opinion, the best things in life are worked for, in the past, Pirates were known to bribe people to join their crown and I just thought it would be a rather realistic and nice aspect to add and they are completely optional, cost gold and have special talents.
The crew choices were just ideas but I really think that the companions should be tied to the worlds.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on Oct 29, 2014 wrote:
Sorry if you disliked it, I just wanted to share an idea.
By once successfully I meant you can only do the dungeon once AND recruit the companion, you can do the dungeon again for it's new drops but you can't recruit a companion again.
The sliding scale wouldn't be up to 200000 gold, only about 50000 gold max and not everything should be free in my opinion, the best things in life are worked for, in the past, Pirates were known to bribe people to join their crown and I just thought it would be a rather realistic and nice aspect to add and they are completely optional, cost gold and have special talents.
The crew choices were just ideas but I really think that the companions should be tied to the worlds.
I'm sorry if my comments seemed harsh but, the fact that you miss the chance at the crew member AND the gold you offer, need to be rethought, imo. I like the idea of hidden dungeons, perhaps this type of dungeon can be found through a series of clues? If you interpret the clues correctly, it leads to the dungeon. Again, I'm very sorry about my comments ( on re reading them, I feel I was wrong to state them so strongly ).

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 29, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry if my comments seemed harsh but, the fact that you miss the chance at the crew member AND the gold you offer, need to be rethought, imo. I like the idea of hidden dungeons, perhaps this type of dungeon can be found through a series of clues? If you interpret the clues correctly, it leads to the dungeon. Again, I'm very sorry about my comments ( on re reading them, I feel I was wrong to state them so strongly ).
It's ok, I see where you are coming from.
Maybe the clues should be given by NPCs who have a strong tie to that world? :3