Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

To Valkoor The Victorious what a milestone mate!!!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
And a further thanking to Valkoor for being the only one that gives me yars

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Dead Eye Luke on Oct 22, 2014 wrote:
And a further thanking to Valkoor for being the only one that gives me yars

Hey there Luke, you are welcome for your yars!

I enjoy reading what other people think, express and choose to post. I tend to find something yarrable in a lot of posts. I like to yar a post for many reasons, some of them being: providing insight, offering help, displaying creativity, new ideas or suggestions, opening my mind to something I hadn't thought of, just for someone sharing something, giving me a laugh or grin, an opinion being well-expressed, someone welcoming a new member, someone showing encouragement to another poster and many, many more reasons. I am pretty open-minded and even if I don't agree with something, I may yar a post, idea or opinion just for being presented very well and for the time someone put into crafting it.

Plus, if you see something yar-worthy, it really isn't that hard to click a button!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
Mind if we start the party 15-45 minutes earlier!Thank you!

Anyways,Port Regal is a pretty big place FYI,please be more specific.How about....right next to Blind Mew!

No wait,that'll pull attention away from the honoree...
How about next to The Church of St Fido?That square?

As for the piratey theme,I think a theme that fits Valkoor is absurdness and silliness.So...the silliest and most absurd outfit it is then?
"As for the piratey theme,I think a theme that fits Valkoor is absurdness and silliness."

Felix, when I read this the only thing that I could think of was...................how touching- I nearly shed a tear over your knowing me so well.

Oh, so does dressing like a green cow fit in with the silly and absurd theme? If so, sweet-- no need to change then!

And just remember this is not to be a party for or about me (although I appreciate the thought), but instead a party for all of us here on the boards- just to have some Spiralin' out of control kind of fun.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 22, 2014 wrote:
"As for the piratey theme,I think a theme that fits Valkoor is absurdness and silliness."

Felix, when I read this the only thing that I could think of was...................how touching- I nearly shed a tear over your knowing me so well.

Oh, so does dressing like a green cow fit in with the silly and absurd theme? If so, sweet-- no need to change then!

And just remember this is not to be a party for or about me (although I appreciate the thought), but instead a party for all of us here on the boards- just to have some Spiralin' out of control kind of fun.
Now that I think about it....the word absurdity is more orthographically correct than absurdness...maybe...

I don't know,that's why we have linguists

Anyways,does it fit the absurdity theme?Yes!It does!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Oct 22, 2014 wrote:
Now that I think about it....the word absurdity is more orthographically correct than absurdness...maybe...

I don't know,that's why we have linguists

Anyways,does it fit the absurdity theme?Yes!It does!
I tend to go with absurdacity, for it's powerful, ending inflection potential and it just kind of has a nice ring to it. And yes, I am sure glad to have those linguists, without them who would make all that linguine that I sooo love? Surely not the Fettucinists!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 23, 2014 wrote:
I tend to go with absurdacity, for it's powerful, ending inflection potential and it just kind of has a nice ring to it. And yes, I am sure glad to have those linguists, without them who would make all that linguine that I sooo love? Surely not the Fettucinists!
Oh my gosh. Totally laughing hard. You have scored once again oh great and powerful Punmaster.

Captain
May 16, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
Thank you very much for the wonderful sentiments, Hank-- I sure appreciate it!

To answer your question(s), I'm not exactly sure how long I've been here, It seems longer than 6 months but at the same time....not nearly long enough! I wish that I had discovered the message boards back when I first started playing the game, as I so missed out on meeting some great posters and people a bit earlier. Actually, I believe that I started posting some time in November of last year, but I did read these forums for a month or two prior to joining......I know, a mere baby compared to many of you out there!

Regardless of how long I've been here, I have enjoyed every moment of it and likewise enjoyed interacting with the many great people here, including you, Hank. And yes, I am proud of the PHP thread, because it was/is a shared effort and exemplifies the whole notion of a Community of players working together to help out their fellow players and friends. Many wonderful people contributed to that thread and I certainly hope that, as future content is added and as the game evolves, more players will continue to contribute their strategies and tips to possibly make pirate life in the Spiral just a bit easier and/or more fun for their friends and fellow pirates.

As for a party for me, I think a party is a wonderful idea. But I humbly request that instead of making it a party to celebrate anything relating to me, we instead party to celebrate our love for the game and the upcoming holidays. The wonderful Marauders held a party for me just a little while back and I was very grateful for the kind gesture. So, why don't we just have a party to crank up the fun that comes during this partying time of year.

Maybe something like a 'Bestofus Festivus', in which we celebrate all of our contributions to the P101 Community, equally. Sounds like a great reason to party to me!

Thank you again Hank, again I appreciate your kind words.
You are much welcome!

As for the Valkoor's Piratey Timeline, let's call it, I was looking at some more-than-a-year-old-threads - reliving some Message Board memories and I distinctly remember your Yarring of a Chrissy post on - brace yourself - August 24, 2013! I was wrong! Let's double my six month mark, shall we?! Valkoor has existed on these Message Boards for over a year!

As for the party, you are quite modest, aren't you? Very well - the party shall contain celebration of the gift of Pirate101 for two long years straight!

And now - that's right folks, it's time for the Totally Awesome Punilicious Valkoor Best Moments Ending!
I shall now force you all to relive a tidbit of Valkoor's best jokes and puns!

~As seen on Year of the Horse Joke~
(Exactly as it is. Trademark, Valkoor)
~Opening Curtains~

"Why, Subodai, what's with ye long face?"
Well, Ratbeard, my best Stallion, from Filly, is getting mare-ied, and the groom didn't ask me to be in the bridle party."
"Well, the wedding was a spur of the moment decision...and thought he be from Canter-bury."
"Yes, it was a sudden decision, but it is almost as if he has blinders on."
"Well, maybe he just be horsing around with ye...I wouldn't go stirrup any trouble."
"Very true, but that is not my mane concern."
"What else be tuggin' at ye reins, Subodai?"
"Well, to be honest I am flat broke...I have been out to pasture furlong and now I no longer have a buck."
"Oh my, lost yer buck have ye...well, I'm sure you'll be out of the gait again and be gettin' back in the saddle soon."
"Thanks Ratbeard. You have cheered me up a little bit. You're a good coach."
"Sure thing Subodai, and could ye close the door- what, were ye born in a barn?"
"Neigh!"

~Closing Curtains~

Oh gosh, no matter how matter times I read that, I can't help chuckling a bit. Bravo, Valkoor!
Soon, I will be back with more "Totally Awesome Punilicious Valkoor Best Moment Ending!"

Captain
May 16, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
Ooh, party, party, party! I love parties, it's been too quiet lately, let's have a party! Hmm, when shall we have said party? On a Friday evening, yes? And what realm, hmm....*thinks a moment* Okay y'all, I got it:

Party For Stuff
Date: Friday, October 24 (That would be this Friday)
Time: 4:45 PM Central Time
Realm: Dragon Prince
Theme: As much as I love parties with themes, I can't think of a decent one. How 'bout piratey outfits?
I think this will work well, and you can expect me there tomorrow!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
So...to the people who made it,Jeffrey Skullpants,Thunderchu,MistyDragon,Anecorbie,and...yeah,I think that's it.How was the party after I left?

And Valkoor,know thaz for the party,I dressed in an attire so absurd,that I was horseheadedly and with a stovepipe,riding a lobster.Carrying with me some dangerous elixirs and a poppet(because,why not?) and Bishop's Gears of War.

Yes.Oh and my eyes glowed.This was the most absurd I could think off,in a nutshell.Was it cuckoo enough?Or could it have been birdder?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
So...to the people who made it,Jeffrey Skullpants,Thunderchu,MistyDragon,Anecorbie,and...yeah,I think that's it.How was the party after I left?

And Valkoor,know thaz for the party,I dressed in an attire so absurd,that I was horseheadedly and with a stovepipe,riding a lobster.Carrying with me some dangerous elixirs and a poppet(because,why not?) and Bishop's Gears of War.

Yes.Oh and my eyes glowed.This was the most absurd I could think off,in a nutshell.Was it cuckoo enough?Or could it have been birdder?
Hiya Felix! Sorry I was unable to attend the party, which I wasn't sure if it was still a go, since I thought we were waiting to settle on a new day. I had posted that I more than likely wouldn't be able to make it, due to coaching and being a late night and did in fact never get a chance to jump in game that night. My son's Aunt and Uncle surprised him and came from out of town to watch him play baseball, so we had them over after the game, to hang out and visit for a little bit.

I do hope you all had an epically fun time! Maybe we can still do a 'Bestofus Festivus' party sometime in the near future, after the smoke clears from the Chrissy B-day/P101 B-day/Halloween party this Friday....of course. As for your attire.....now that absolutely sounds like one absurd outfit-- perfectly done, I must say! Such a hodgepodge of variety and absurdacity that somehow, it goes splendidly together. The glowing eyes make the perfect finishing touch. Sorry I missed you in all your grand Hoodooey, absurdaciousness and everyone else as well.

Well, party on and I'll hopefully be seeing you at the one this Friday. Although that may be a bit tough until later at night. I won't get home from work until after it starts and will immediately have to get ready to take the pee-wee pirates out Trick-or-Treating, to get me some candy....I mean them of course. I'll try to get there as soon as possible though.