Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is it shellfish?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Okay so in a battle with my friend online we were facing the minotaur brothers and my friend was deafeted and i had low health and only one heal left and healed my self and he was disapointed and ignored me so was it shellfish

Bosun
May 10, 2010
I don't know about it being a Shellfish? maybe a bit of a squid.

If you are in a party and your party wins, it does not matter if the other person is a bobble head, they will remain there and get 1 health, they wont lose any loot and gain the experience and complete the quests, so if you ask me, no it's not selfish, its survival.

Hey, if this person wanted to stay alive, they should have healed themselves.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dragonmaster1236 on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
Okay so in a battle with my friend online we were facing the minotaur brothers and my friend was deafeted and i had low health and only one heal left and healed my self and he was disapointed and ignored me so was it shellfish
He had no health & you were low, if you had healed him; he would have been attacked & defeated again. ( Healing attracts attacks, they know which one is the weakest ). Then you would also have been defeated. It's an agonizing choice to make, but you made the right one.

Developer
Seems like a pretty crabby thing to do. Your buddy was probably hoping that you would heal him up so that you could launch a two prawned attack, but instead you decided to flex your mussels and go it abalone.

So on the face of it, it seems pretty shellfish, but it's not really my place to comment so I'll just clam up now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Not at all, if you both had been defeated then you would have had to redo the fight. This way you survived and you both got the goodies. It was smart strategy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ratbeard on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
Seems like a pretty crabby thing to do. Your buddy was probably hoping that you would heal him up so that you could launch a two prawned attack, but instead you decided to flex your mussels and go it abalone.

So on the face of it, it seems pretty shellfish, but it's not really my place to comment so I'll just clam up now.
You would come back with a crustacean type of remark.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Lol Got my daily dose of delightfully dry and deviously punny Ratbeard giggle. Thank you.

Bosun
May 10, 2010

Now this post here really takes the sponge cake!

Ratbeard clam up? Yeah, that will be the day. rofl He has more shark quips than Sabertooth shark does!

Mussles and abalone, ewe, that's just gross. lol

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Touché.....Ratpunzel.....touché!

Your puns leave me both cracked up and with my hands on my head, clawing at my scallop! Quite the CrayCray-fish you are, as some may be inclined to think you are quite Loco!

Oh and dragonmaster, as long as you were able to Conch-er the battle, then all is good in my book. It's no shrimpy feat to be victorious in battle, regardless of how it happens! So, it's pretty shucking that your friend gave you the silent treatment. Perhaps he shouldn't have gotten so steamed and should try not to have such a soft shell next time.

Battles can't always be squid pro quo, sometimes it's every pirate for himself, for the sake of just winning the battle-- as long as victory is the net result........by any means necessary!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Dude, if you were to heal him, he would probably just die again. And ignoring you is taking it too far

~Dead-eye Octavio Devereaux, level 65 Witchdoctor~
~Fearful Zane Parker, level 65 Buccaneer~

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
If you were fighting the prawns, I might call it shellfish.

But, as mentioned earlier, had you healed your friend, it is, indeed likely, that the enemy would have targetted him and he would go defeated again. Then you would have nothing to heal yourself with, and they would go after you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
Touché.....Ratpunzel.....touché!

Your puns leave me both cracked up and with my hands on my head, clawing at my scallop! Quite the CrayCray-fish you are, as some may be inclined to think you are quite Loco!

Oh and dragonmaster, as long as you were able to Conch-er the battle, then all is good in my book. It's no shrimpy feat to be victorious in battle, regardless of how it happens! So, it's pretty shucking that your friend gave you the silent treatment. Perhaps he shouldn't have gotten so steamed and should try not to have such a soft shell next time.

Battles can't always be squid pro quo, sometimes it's every pirate for himself, for the sake of just winning the battle-- as long as victory is the net result........by any means necessary!
LMTO, Again. I was doing quite well just enjoying the punfest and was appreciating every gem, sweeter than any Mother of Pearl, then with nautiluser bit of warning I was surffed up with "Squid Pro Quo" and totally collapsed on my clam bed with laughter. Please let your brilliance continue to shine and let no one crustacean your impulses to pun away.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
LMTO, Again. I was doing quite well just enjoying the punfest and was appreciating every gem, sweeter than any Mother of Pearl, then with nautiluser bit of warning I was surffed up with "Squid Pro Quo" and totally collapsed on my clam bed with laughter. Please let your brilliance continue to shine and let no one crustacean your impulses to pun away.
A crustacean with a pulse.....what, where....."Mother of Pearl"!?

Why thank you Chrissy! Your puns were cleverly and hilariously crafted as well!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The poor guy asks a simple question, and a pun-off commences! I hope he hasn't been confused by all the sea food jokes swimming around.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I feel sorry, for your friend's lost there pirate. When it comes to a sticky situation like this,healing yourself is a good way to hit that victory. But your friend ignoring you was shellfish. Like they say in the sky way " Keep clam and sail on. "

At least both of ye crab lots of treasures and had a blast there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
The poor guy asks a simple question, and a pun-off commences! I hope he hasn't been confused by all the sea food jokes swimming around.
Well we did answer his question first

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
All this sea food talk is making me hungry and trust me you won't like me when i am hungry

ROAR lol

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Sometimes in battle in order to survive a sacrifice play is necessary for the greater good. Choosing to heal yourself so you could finish the fight was one such strategy and if it worked for you it was the right choice. It wasn't really selfish because you brought victory to your friend as well.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey