Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Towering Personalities

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Darkwolf1601 on Sep 14, 2016 wrote:
I myself had I great experience in the tower. The first time I did it I was around lvl 50, but had three other max pirates with me. They were really nice and encouraging even if most of my companions died. The best part came when we reached the nefarious. I wasn't expecting it but they said I could go ahead and get the badge. Of course I was thrilled and we proceeded to attack the five. It turns out one of the players wasn't very happy with me taking the badge, and quit. Despite this setback, my team-mates fought valiantly and although our swashbuckler was defeated, our last member, a witchdoctor, managed to stall out the remaining privy with summons. I think sought of persistence even when down to the last pirate and with an underleveled team-mate is very admirable. I think I'll call this type of person the Persistent Mentor.
I'm glad you had a positive experience in the Tower; it was very kind of your team mates to encourage you & allow you to get that badge!

Phooey on that quitter!

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy, well since the debut of the Tower of Moo Manchu ( thank you, Ratbeard, for all your hard work & devotion to this new dungeon. To your team also, many thanks ) I have used the Team Up option a majority of the time.
And an interesting social phenomenon has unveiled itself before my eyes.
In the first week of playing, I have met and become friends with many wonderful players. ( Even a group of die-hard pvpers ) They made the Tower an absolute pleasure to be in!
Now the less desirable personalities are creeping in, like ants at a picnic. These are:
Trolls ( they're everywhere & lets face it, having one on the team is like being locked in a barrel with an angry skunk! )
The Quitters ( a vast reason why most tower runs using team up fails ) The worst of these are quitters with an agenda.
And something new to me:
The Freeloader ( this player hangs back, you and the rest have begun battle, but this pirate waits on the edge of the battle board; until you have defeated or severely wounded a few enemies. Usually by the second or third round ) Then they join. When it comes to face the Nef-5, however, they are there to fight. Then they usually turn into a quitter, if they don't get what they want.
I have made a lot of friends doing the tower of Moo Mancha. In fact i made my Best friends team up with Stangers on a moo run I mean i hang with them every time I play . Haven't met a troll free, loader or other no so nice to have with people althought this guy got ticked when i said " darn got knives again". And what makes me say he was ticked is that he quit before the last battle AND unfriended me.

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JustSomeRandomGame... on Sep 16, 2016 wrote:
I have made a lot of friends doing the tower of Moo Mancha. In fact i made my Best friends team up with Stangers on a moo run I mean i hang with them every time I play . Haven't met a troll free, loader or other no so nice to have with people althought this guy got ticked when i said " darn got knives again". And what makes me say he was ticked is that he quit before the last battle AND unfriended me.

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs
I'm glad to hear that you made some good friends in the Tower. Lol, that comment "darn, got knives again" must have made that guy annoyed, some people have no sense of humor when it comes to drops!

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 16, 2016 wrote:
I'm glad to hear that you made some good friends in the Tower. Lol, that comment "darn, got knives again" must have made that guy annoyed, some people have no sense of humor when it comes to drops!
So what category would my friend who I was friends with for less than a hour be under? Stiff? Rage quitter (which I shouldn't be complaining about rage quitters I was one when I was young)? Disfriender? Which isn't a word but you get my meaning.

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Btw Anecorbie would it be too much trouble if I could do the tower with you? Plus any tips you have would be nice.I've read a lot of your posts and you know a lot about the game. I can tell. Please reply if you can

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JustSomeRandomGame... on Sep 16, 2016 wrote:
Btw Anecorbie would it be too much trouble if I could do the tower with you? Plus any tips you have would be nice.I've read a lot of your posts and you know a lot about the game. I can tell. Please reply if you can

Give me a date, a time ( include time zone ) and the realm you want to meet at in the Paths of Penance. My secondary SB and WD are currently farming that tower.
Darcy Abbott level 70
Silver Isis level 70

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 17, 2016 wrote:
Give me a date, a time ( include time zone ) and the realm you want to meet at in the Paths of Penance. My secondary SB and WD are currently farming that tower.
Darcy Abbott level 70
Silver Isis level 70
1st of October or 2nd of October. i have family over next week. The realm Avery. Would 12:00pm work central time work? Oh and either pirates would work however i work best with since i use old fizzle plus the people i do the tower with most of the time use him too and are . And you know my pirate's name.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Ok so i told you guys about the guy who deleted me and left with my funny comment. Well guess what he's not alone i think i'll call them Deleters. The guy you just made friends with then out of the blue they go and delete you from their friends list never to be seen again

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've discovered "The Prince Charming" this is a player who has drunk the Elixir of Power and tries to attack Moo repeatedly, with the result that Moo ( with just a shred of health ) becomes immune due to having a minion still on the board.
This last one got Nefarious Charmed 3 times, defeated a pet, a couple of companions ( not his ) and a summons.
He was also one of those annoying Myth Believers ( despite proof to the contrary as we received Baron Samedi's Mask using treasure bath and not killing Ben last ).
He was even trying to make up a new myth about killing Lynne last!
His reasoning for this? "Myths give hope to farming."
That may be so, but when I pointed out that myth believers are demanding that we play by their rules and this impacts everyone, he told me to "be quiet".
To which response I did, and "ignored" him for some blissful silence.
I hate those ( REDACTED ) Tower Myths

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 18, 2016 wrote:
I've discovered "The Prince Charming" this is a player who has drunk the Elixir of Power and tries to attack Moo repeatedly, with the result that Moo ( with just a shred of health ) becomes immune due to having a minion still on the board.
This last one got Nefarious Charmed 3 times, defeated a pet, a couple of companions ( not his ) and a summons.
He was also one of those annoying Myth Believers ( despite proof to the contrary as we received Baron Samedi's Mask using treasure bath and not killing Ben last ).
He was even trying to make up a new myth about killing Lynne last!
His reasoning for this? "Myths give hope to farming."
That may be so, but when I pointed out that myth believers are demanding that we play by their rules and this impacts everyone, he told me to "be quiet".
To which response I did, and "ignored" him for some blissful silence.
I hate those ( REDACTED ) Tower Myths
I know some people who would fit in with the "Prince Charming". Althought they didn't cause as much trouble as you had to deal with. Some guys just forget about it. As for "Myth Believers" haven't met one yet. Sounds like a nut job and a pain to me.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
I've witnessed a disturbing trend among Privateers that I've met in Team Up:
The 'I'm-not-really-a-privy, Privateer'. This player uses only a few buffs during a battle, what he/she really does is charge into combat, using the melee attacks they've gained from gear. Basically they're just another buccaneer or swashbuckler, without the class advantages. And as for healing? Forget about it! Most of their heals are on the second or third page of their powers! ( I know, one of these players had to search for and adjust his powers before fighting Moo! )
Then I recently met a type I'll call The Menu Chat Snob. This happened to The Hoodoo Master and me when we joined a Team Up recently. We had joined battle on the first floor, when one of the players commented "Great, a noob", then he and his friend promptly backed out of the tower! I was wearing my 'Charmbreaker' badge, Hoodoo Master was wearing his 'Nefarious Sixth' badge, I can only assume he was referring to the fact that Hoodoo Master is menu chat!
This just makes me angry! Yes, menu chat is difficult to navigate & finding interesting or meaningful conversation is next to impossible with it, but to ignore or dismiss someone is just rude!
I use to be a !I'm-not-really-a-privy, Privateer'. But now i use a different fighting style.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JustSomeRandomGame... on Sep 18, 2016 wrote:
1st of October or 2nd of October. i have family over next week. The realm Avery. Would 12:00pm work central time work? Oh and either pirates would work however i work best with since i use old fizzle plus the people i do the tower with most of the time use him too and are . And you know my pirate's name.

Ok, I'll see you on the 1st or 2nd of October at 12 ( noon ) central time on Avery. I'll use my witch.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
JustSomeRandomGame... on Sep 18, 2016 wrote:
Ok so i told you guys about the guy who deleted me and left with my funny comment. Well guess what he's not alone i think i'll call them Deleters. The guy you just made friends with then out of the blue they go and delete you from their friends list never to be seen again

Sounds like he did you a favor.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 19, 2016 wrote:
Ok, I'll see you on the 1st or 2nd of October at 12 ( noon ) central time on Avery. I'll use my witch.
I'll see you then.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Ok so I've read a lot of posts on this thread, and I've never really seen a good "Towering Personalities" only bad ones like Free Loader,Troll,my personal favorite Myth Believer, and other people I would never want to meet. But no positive "Towering Personalities" I mean personalities are not all bad why don't we see some good personalities ( although they probably won't be as um shall I say entertaining). Just saying.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
I've witnessed a disturbing trend among Privateers that I've met in Team Up:
The 'I'm-not-really-a-privy, Privateer'. This player uses only a few buffs during a battle, what he/she really does is charge into combat, using the melee attacks they've gained from gear. Basically they're just another buccaneer or swashbuckler, without the class advantages. And as for healing? Forget about it! Most of their heals are on the second or third page of their powers! ( I know, one of these players had to search for and adjust his powers before fighting Moo! )
Then I recently met a type I'll call The Menu Chat Snob. This happened to The Hoodoo Master and me when we joined a Team Up recently. We had joined battle on the first floor, when one of the players commented "Great, a noob", then he and his friend promptly backed out of the tower! I was wearing my 'Charmbreaker' badge, Hoodoo Master was wearing his 'Nefarious Sixth' badge, I can only assume he was referring to the fact that Hoodoo Master is menu chat!
This just makes me angry! Yes, menu chat is difficult to navigate & finding interesting or meaningful conversation is next to impossible with it, but to ignore or dismiss someone is just rude!
I know the thing I'm quoting on is old but I just had to say something. Finding it hard to have a conversation and tell menu chat people stuff is one thing, but calling them a noob well that's just rude. Until about a year ago I had only menu chat which is annoying when you're trying to communicate to people but that doesn't make them a noob, I mean I've been playing since day 60 after the game was done with beta. Again I know this quote is old but it made me mad.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 7, 2016 wrote:
Oh boy, a somewhat new one for you guys - not a troll.
The Tardy Elixir User: This player has done everything right; unequipped gear, uses a good companion & understands to avoid using doubloons. However, for some reason, he/she decides to refrain from drinking the elixir the first round. So, of course, when Josef charges down a team mate in the first round the team defeats Josef in the second round and the drinker loses his/her opportunity to drink.
Ah this one I was when I did the tower for the first time (a month ago) and someone said something about a badge. Usual I don't really care about badges but I asked anyways, lucky I did because it was the nefarious 6th badge that the dude was talking about. So when we got to the badge I took off my gear like a good smart teammate however I didn't know when you are suppose to drink the bad medic. I thought I was suppose to drink before the battle so when it started before had my drink I thought one of the guys with me drank it, so finally they said " oh come on drink it already" finally I understand that I drink when the battle starts sadly we lost that battle (we had three people with us).

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
ThriftyTiffanyWebb on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
Have to post about an amazing run I just had.

Started out promising with 3 swashbucklers and a musketeer. Throughout the first several rooms one of the swashbucklers kept joining battle before we were able to get in the room and it was causing bad lags and glitches. We'd asked him a couple of times to please wait and he'd say he understood but then go charging into the next room anyway. It apparently made one of the guys mad because he up and left as soon as it happened again.

So now it's three of us and we get to the Nefarious room. The guy who kept running in early just POOFED away as soon as we joined battle. It explains his earlier trollish behavior.

It's my swashbuckler with the musketeer who's given me permission to use his character name of Wicked Bart Mitchell. We both admit that we never flee the tower AND that none of our pirates have ever drank the potion because it seems so tricksy which I thought was a neat coincidence. So we settle in for the craziness we know is about to happen.

I wish I knew how to record battles because it was pretty epic. We took out the swashbuckler and buccaneer pirates easily and then jinxed ourselves by talking about how well it was going. Next thing you know I'm charmed and both of our companions are dead. The charm wears off and I'm ready to start knocking some heads with him and Ben takes me out immediately.

Now this guy is all by himself against the witch and all her summons, the privateer and all her group heals and charms and the musketeer which you don't ever want to go up against if you're a musketeer yourself. I can't even tell you how many rounds went by where he used doubloons like crazy and every buff he could think of trying to lure them over to his corner where he was behind a bomb fortress. He'd gone through every ability he had except for his shots which couldn't reach them anyway because they were crowded around me with my bobbing head in the opposite corner.

To be continued---character limit
I once did a battle like that, and like you had to deal with a troll. So this guy said before the five battle started asked my friend (who had never done the tower before) if he could get the nefarious 6th badge and the guy said I want it but I can wait. Now this is the same battle where I met a Deleter which if you read about that post you'd know who I'm talking about. So this guy said yea he can get the badge but when the other guy left he said YOU can't get the badge since he's ( he's being me) gonna need help he was like waa but said ok so when we got to the five fight the one guy didn't show up we thought he left us, he came no gear on what so ever. And then I beat the buck he was like dude I have my gear off and everything! I said oh so it's fair for you to do the potion but not my friend then my friend got charmed and I think he thought my friend drank the bad juice and said I'm out of here good luck. So it's just me and my friend and we won just barely made it. Be got lucky with coins that's the only reason we made it out alive, well that and We're OP. Our companions died, my friend died then came back with my heal finally we won the battle and for our troubles we got nothing. But hey that's life with the tower.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Wow! This post is two years old, pretty impressive.

Here's some new annoying people who I have recently encountered at the tower...The Beggar- this person was constantly asking for packs.Not only a couple times, we're talking tens of times, which seemed like hundreds.After the nefarious fight I finally mute him, and it was like..finally some quiet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
rex1556 on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:
Wow! This post is two years old, pretty impressive.

Here's some new annoying people who I have recently encountered at the tower...The Beggar- this person was constantly asking for packs.Not only a couple times, we're talking tens of times, which seemed like hundreds.After the nefarious fight I finally mute him, and it was like..finally some quiet.
Lol, can't blame the guy for trying ( or maybe I can ). I guess he thought "as long as I have a captive audience, I might as well try."

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Wow gone for a month or two and nothing has happened on this page Xd

Bold Ryan Richardson ( lvl 70) and noobs.... still.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JustSomeRandomGame... on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
Wow gone for a month or two and nothing has happened on this page Xd

Bold Ryan Richardson ( lvl 70) and noobs.... still.
Hmm, you're right. There's nothing more to be said about the trolls or excellent people you meet in the Tower. I'm requesting that this post be shut down, moderators.
Thanks to all for contributing!