Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Towering Personalities

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ThriftyTiffanyWebb on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
Continued.....

All of his summons keep getting charmed and every time we thought it couldn't possibly get any worse, it sure enough did. I felt horrible that I couldn't help but it was kind of amazing to just sit and watch it play out.

Long story not so short, he works his way through them one by one, Faye is the last to die, his heart rate was elevated and he single-handedly saved the tower from being a total loss for us. I tried to get him to take some of my doubloons since he had to go through so many of his but he graciously declined. We figured there was no point in stopping after that debacle so we continued on, defeated Moo and didn't get a darn thing in either boss room for our troubles.

All that to say, for every 10 or so awful runs with trolls and loud mouths, you might wind up with one heck of a neat experience with an awesome player. And if you see Wicked Bart Mitchell hanging around the Paths of Penance, he'd be a lovely addition to any tower run.

Thrifty Tiffany Webb
Fearless Fallon Webb
Black Bailey Webb
Salty Sonia Webb
Virtuous Vanessa Webb
Reckless Reed Webb
That was EPIC I will certainly keep an eye out for this awesome musketeer, such gallant behavior is rare indeed.

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
That was EPIC I will certainly keep an eye out for this awesome musketeer, such gallant behavior is rare indeed.
Please do! He deserves a nice easy run with a great team.

Towards the end he was down to about half health, all by his lonesome, with Faye still running around, he's almost out of moves and he typed, "I AM FREAKING OUT!!!"

Good times.

Ensign
Feb 18, 2014
Continued.....

All of his summons keep getting charmed and every time we thought it couldn't possibly get any worse, it sure enough did. I felt horrible that I couldn't help but it was kind of amazing to just sit and watch it play out.

Long story not so short, he works his way through them one by one, Faye is the last to die, his heart rate was elevated and he single-handedly saved the tower from being a total loss for us. I tried to get him to take some of my doubloons since he had to go through so many of his but he graciously declined. We figured there was no point in stopping after that debacle so we continued on, defeated Moo and didn't get a darn thing in either boss room for our troubles.

All that to say, for every 10 or so awful runs with trolls and loud mouths, you might wind up with one heck of a neat experience with an awesome player. And if you see Wicked Bart Mitchell hanging around the Paths of Penance, he'd be a lovely addition to any tower run.

Thrifty Tiffany Webb
Fearless Fallon Webb
Black Bailey Webb
Salty Sonia Webb
Virtuous Vanessa Webb
Reckless Reed Webb
Yes, that was an amazing run! My heart rate was normal in the beginning of the nefarious floor, because I thought we didn't have much hope, thought for sure we would get thumped. Then, as the fight progressed and we chipped away at them, I started to realize, yeah we could. Without those QUITTERS.

Each turn so hairy and scary and lucky, my heart rate was climbing. When it was just Faye and I, I was wow, we are so close. You literally sat there for an hour and watched, you have so much patience. If you bailed then, none of that would have happened.

When the smoke cleared, and you were willing to keep going all the way to the top , I think I even said " Yeah, what could be worse than that" or something along those lines. Then, it did.

When we got to the top floor, we were so in tune, that at the end I didn't even notice it was just us and most of our crew, and Moo. I'd go fight with you anytime, anywhere!

That was a blast, and your post made me blush thank you.

Wicked Bart Mitchell
Scurvy Robert Jenkins
Rude Roberto Zipman
Wobbly Charlie Otway
Smart Roberto
Bold Tiffany Holystone (I Know right?)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ZiggyPuff on Oct 10, 2015 wrote:
Yes, that was an amazing run! My heart rate was normal in the beginning of the nefarious floor, because I thought we didn't have much hope, thought for sure we would get thumped. Then, as the fight progressed and we chipped away at them, I started to realize, yeah we could. Without those QUITTERS.

Each turn so hairy and scary and lucky, my heart rate was climbing. When it was just Faye and I, I was wow, we are so close. You literally sat there for an hour and watched, you have so much patience. If you bailed then, none of that would have happened.

When the smoke cleared, and you were willing to keep going all the way to the top , I think I even said " Yeah, what could be worse than that" or something along those lines. Then, it did.

When we got to the top floor, we were so in tune, that at the end I didn't even notice it was just us and most of our crew, and Moo. I'd go fight with you anytime, anywhere!

Wicked Bart Mitchell
Scurvy Robert Jenkins
Rude Roberto Zipman
Wobbly Charlie Otway
Smart Roberto
Welcome to the message boards, ZiggyPuff! And a special welcome to this thread! It's not often that we can celebrate a positive personality in the Tower, and I look forward to meeting you on one of my pirates.
Esperanza Devereaux, Master of Moo
Bold Bess Nightingale
Silver Isis
Marian Kidd
Black Morgan Moone
Darcy Abbott
Hey there's nothing wrong with adventuring in a different gender, I do it myself on my other account ( but who they are is a secret )

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
ZiggyPuff on Oct 10, 2015 wrote:

Wicked Bart Mitchell
Scurvy Robert Jenkins
Rude Roberto Zipman
Wobbly Charlie Otway
Smart Roberto
Ha! That's hilarious that we each have that one last pirate of the opposite gender from the rest. And each a Tiffany (also my real name )!!!

Too funny. We'll have to meet up and friend all of our other pirates so we always have someone we know will go all the way to the top no matter what.

Cheers!

Ensign
Feb 03, 2010
I encountered a glitch on the Nefarious floor. It was really quite fun. Somebody on my team got severely injured from the witch, and the had 14 health left. His head was turning as though he was knocked unconscious, but he was still alive. I didn't get to see him attack, but he moved, and then once he got to his destination his head continued turning. It didn't carry on to the next battle, but it was a kind of moment, and those are the times I am happy I haven't been cursed with a bad team yet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, tonight I had to deal with a couple of quitters, one leaving on floor six and the other leaving right after the Nefarious Five fight. But then after I revived Ratbeard and Gracie I was checking my backpack and I saw - THE MASQUE OF THE LOTUS I've been trying to get this item since the tower opened Gave it to my Witchdoctor as she has a mondo will power ( 93 ). It is a beautiful mask ( maybe I can get another one for stitching purposes. )
The only item left to get is The Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu. ( and, of course a Staff of Power for all my pirates. Shouldn't be too hard, right? )

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 18, 2015 wrote:
Well, tonight I had to deal with a couple of quitters, one leaving on floor six and the other leaving right after the Nefarious Five fight. But then after I revived Ratbeard and Gracie I was checking my backpack and I saw - THE MASQUE OF THE LOTUS I've been trying to get this item since the tower opened Gave it to my Witchdoctor as she has a mondo will power ( 93 ). It is a beautiful mask ( maybe I can get another one for stitching purposes. )
The only item left to get is The Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu. ( and, of course a Staff of Power for all my pirates. Shouldn't be too hard, right? )
Congrats!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
When I started this thread just a year ago; I had no idea it would become so popular. I'm still finding "types" or variations on these types occurring in the Tower.
Since I have 5 other pirates besides my main and I still have to collect Moo's Boots and the Lotus Mask, I will be in that cursed edifice once day.
No, not the edifice......not that! I hate that word.......how to make a beautiful building sound ugly?.....call it an edifice....I see that word like fifty times a day and I cringe every time. The horror... and then it caught fire and burned to the ground.......No! We just paid it off!!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Continued.....

Thrifty Tiffany Webb
Fearless Fallon Webb
Black Bailey Webb
Salty Sonia Webb
Virtuous Vanessa Webb
Reckless Reed Webb
Nice!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Stormy Sam Templet... on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
Let's call them the "Arrogant PvE players(Because obviously these people can't/refuse to even try to actually PvP)"

I say this title because everyone(before they PvP) thinks their strategies are absolutely flawless, but it only takes like 2 matches to tell that you need to farm for quite awhile .

-Foo Lions OP for SBs? Do they even FS3? Bazaar gear claimed to be OP(even if they were, anyone can access them so would it even be OP?)? I just might die of laughter XD. If that scenario happened to me, I would have called them "Chickens"(And never Fort/Heal them, as I am always on my Privy when Moo running)
Been there before, tried it before, won before, don't need it anymore, don't want it again. But your welcome to it.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 21, 2015 wrote:
No, not the edifice......not that! I hate that word.......how to make a beautiful building sound ugly?.....call it an edifice....I see that word like fifty times a day and I cringe every time. The horror... and then it caught fire and burned to the ground.......No! We just paid it off!!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Have you ever seen a film called "Why Man Creates"? It contains an animated sequence of historic events in the arts and sciences: The sequence is called "The Edifice".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 18, 2015 wrote:
Well MAJOR congratulations there. I have been drooling after that one since test

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It seems I'm going to have to feature in my own post. But in my defense, I have to say I was grossly provoked.
"Your companion is really weak. " Isn't that one of the most insulting things you can say to a player? And this was aimed at Kawil Doomclaw, one of the best companions from the Tribal Pack!
I'm afraid I got a little testy with that level 56 Musketeer. "He's great ." I said.
"But he barely does the same damage of Sarah Steele."
How would you like it if I slammed one of your companions?"
"I wouldn't mind at all."
"Yeah, right."
" This is a game, why are you so serious?"
Then Kawil proceeds to get chain after chain ( as I knew he would ) he's a BEAST when paired with El Toro.
"Not so weak, is he? You don't know everything." ( I shouldn't have added that last part. )
Then I 'ignored' her.
But apparently she wouldn't shut up about my 'weak' companion, because the other musketeer says "You're so weak yourself you don't have room to talk."
So I'm quiet and I hear nothing from her, we go from floor to floor in triumph. I use Kawil again on floor six and he repeats his sterling performance.
Then we reach the Nef-Five fight and it happens - in spite and to get back at me and the rest of the team, that level 56 musketeer ( who was wearing the Nefarious Sixth badge ) drinks the potion!
If I had just kept my temper this team up would not have dissolved after the Nef-Five fight. We won, of course
but we lost the tower.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
anecorbie on Oct 22, 2015 wrote:
It seems I'm going to have to feature in my own post. But in my defense, I have to say I was grossly provoked.
"Your companion is really weak. " Isn't that one of the most insulting things you can say to a player? And this was aimed at Kawil Doomclaw, one of the best companions from the Tribal Pack!
I'm afraid I got a little testy with that level 56 Musketeer. "He's great ." I said.
"But he barely does the same damage of Sarah Steele."
How would you like it if I slammed one of your companions?"
"I wouldn't mind at all."
"Yeah, right."
" This is a game, why are you so serious?"
Then Kawil proceeds to get chain after chain ( as I knew he would ) he's a BEAST when paired with El Toro.
"Not so weak, is he? You don't know everything." ( I shouldn't have added that last part. )
Then I 'ignored' her.
But apparently she wouldn't shut up about my 'weak' companion, because the other musketeer says "You're so weak yourself you don't have room to talk."
So I'm quiet and I hear nothing from her, we go from floor to floor in triumph. I use Kawil again on floor six and he repeats his sterling performance.
Then we reach the Nef-Five fight and it happens - in spite and to get back at me and the rest of the team, that level 56 musketeer ( who was wearing the Nefarious Sixth badge ) drinks the potion!
If I had just kept my temper this team up would not have dissolved after the Nef-Five fight. We won, of course
but we lost the tower.
Oh so now we have the Provoker/Provoked :P

But seriously, Kawil is awesome, both in power and looks! Wish I had him :/

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Has this ever happened to you? You enter the Tower in a team up only to find that one of your team mates is at death's door? As in 1 point of health?
I'm calling this type the Sickly Scallywag. Honestly, why don't they visit the life fountain before joining a team up? Yes, we can heal them or shield them, but we shouldn't have to do this in the first round on the first floor.
Also in this run was an absolute Hypocrite, first he tries to get us all to group with him "because there are so many quitters and we can farm together."
But when our Sickly Scallywag left, he fled in the middle of a battle "cya around" POOF! ( Huh, not if I see ye first. )

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
Has this ever happened to you? You enter the Tower in a team up only to find that one of your team mates is at death's door? As in 1 point of health?
I'm calling this type the Sickly Scallywag. Honestly, why don't they visit the life fountain before joining a team up? Yes, we can heal them or shield them, but we shouldn't have to do this in the first round on the first floor.
Also in this run was an absolute Hypocrite, first he tries to get us all to group with him "because there are so many quitters and we can farm together."
But when our Sickly Scallywag left, he fled in the middle of a battle "cya around" POOF! ( Huh, not if I see ye first. )
If he was pulled into the tower out of battle this would happen...

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
If he was pulled into the tower out of battle this would happen...

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
He made no mention of this beyond begging for someone to heal him, ( which I did ) and its not too hard to have at least one mojo potion filled. You certainly have the time to use one before you join battle.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
He made no mention of this beyond begging for someone to heal him, ( which I did ) and its not too hard to have at least one mojo potion filled. You certainly have the time to use one before you join battle.
Thanks for the lovely image of you back slapping this guy across the face. I needed the laugh .

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 21, 2015 wrote:
Have you ever seen a film called "Why Man Creates"? It contains an animated sequence of historic events in the arts and sciences: The sequence is called "The Edifice".
The horror! I just see the poor man falling to the ground watching it go up in flames. You know he did honestly in real life leave, have a nervous breakdown, and die.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
Mega troll experience just now.

In front of the tower this guy is talking about needing a better weapon and he heard about good drops here. He's a level 61 privateer and apparently doesn't have the quest because he asks if he can port to me once I'm in. So I add him to a group and we go in with a full team.

There is a lot of conversation about how the Nefarious fight works because one of the guys wants the badge. He tells us this on the first floor so the other guy and I tell him about taking off gear, using a good companion, no doubloons while charmed, etc. We discuss the issue multiple times over the course of several floors. The one I added to the group is very quiet aside from saying he just needed a better weapon and occasionally asking how much longer until the *big fight.*

After each room he takes his time going through his new acquisitions and joins every battle late. I'm giving him hints and tips about the tower and trying to help him through it. About halfway through we lose the other player to disconnection so it's me, guy who wants the badge and Silent Bob that I brought in with me. I told badge seeker that it wasn't a good idea to drink with just us, especially since Silent Bob wasn't max. It's a tough fight with 3 maxed pirates available when one drinks and I didn't see this going well. Have I also mentioned that not once has SB (the privateer) used a buff or a heal? Not. Once.

We get to Nefarious room and badge seeker has taken off gear. For once, SB is first in the room. And guess what he does with his turn? Yep. Hits the fountain with only 2 other pirates in there and one of those being completely unequipped. Super troll.

First tower I've ever left.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ThriftyTiffanyWebb on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
Mega troll experience just now.

In front of the tower this guy is talking about needing a better weapon and he heard about good drops here. He's a level 61 privateer and apparently doesn't have the quest because he asks if he can port to me once I'm in. So I add him to a group and we go in with a full team.

There is a lot of conversation about how the Nefarious fight works because one of the guys wants the badge. He tells us this on the first floor so the other guy and I tell him about taking off gear, using a good companion, no doubloons while charmed, etc. We discuss the issue multiple times over the course of several floors. The one I added to the group is very quiet aside from saying he just needed a better weapon and occasionally asking how much longer until the *big fight.*

After each room he takes his time going through his new acquisitions and joins every battle late. I'm giving him hints and tips about the tower and trying to help him through it. About halfway through we lose the other player to disconnection so it's me, guy who wants the badge and Silent Bob that I brought in with me. I told badge seeker that it wasn't a good idea to drink with just us, especially since Silent Bob wasn't max. It's a tough fight with 3 maxed pirates available when one drinks and I didn't see this going well. Have I also mentioned that not once has SB (the privateer) used a buff or a heal? Not. Once.

We get to Nefarious room and badge seeker has taken off gear. For once, SB is first in the room. And guess what he does with his turn? Yep. Hits the fountain with only 2 other pirates in there and one of those being completely unequipped. Super troll.

First tower I've ever left.
First off, a privateer who doesn't know how to play that class is a drag on any team, secondly, I've been in team ups with lower level pirates who are actually so good that they don't hold the rest of the team back. ( I remember one level 58 musket who was wonderful. ) Thirdly, Its too bad that someone that you've helped and encouraged through a difficult dungeon turns into a traitor and literally back stabs everyone. I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience.
At least you have the satisfaction of knowing that Silent Bob didn't get his weapon or the badge.

Post Edit: Wait, the original badge seeker still insisted on trying for the badge, even though your team was down to three? He sounds a bit selfish to me.

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
First off, a privateer who doesn't know how to play that class is a drag on any team, secondly, I've been in team ups with lower level pirates who are actually so good that they don't hold the rest of the team back. ( I remember one level 58 musket who was wonderful. ) Thirdly, Its too bad that someone that you've helped and encouraged through a difficult dungeon turns into a traitor and literally back stabs everyone. I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience.
At least you have the satisfaction of knowing that Silent Bob didn't get his weapon or the badge.

Post Edit: Wait, the original badge seeker still insisted on trying for the badge, even though your team was down to three? He sounds a bit selfish to me.
Completely agree on all points.

When I play my privy I rarely attack because I know my little 200 power (or whatever) hit isn't going to make a difference in the battle but a buff or heal for the entire group sure could. Going over it in my head again, I don't even recall him doing anything with his companions. He'd put them all on one enemy who was already half health and someone else already had a big hitter on. I thought at the time it was because they were underpowered and he was just inexperienced with the tower. But he sure knew what he was doing when he flashed some XD at us as he hit the fountain. Quite sure he *played* like he was just a new guy along for the ride.

I've gone through with *lower* level ones as well and you couldn't tell at all.

That's why I left. I figure we weren't going to win anyway with that set up but I wasn't going to chance pulling out a fluke victory and him being rewarded.

This thread has been great. Thanks for starting it.

Post Edit: Yes, he did. When the one got disconnected I told him I was sorry but that he should save the drink for a run with a full crew. He took off his gear FAST and went into the room. I followed and told him it wasn't a good idea and we'd probably lose and he said something along the lines of YOLO and ran on into battle after SB.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ThriftyTiffanyWebb on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
Completely agree on all points.

When I play my privy I rarely attack because I know my little 200 power (or whatever) hit isn't going to make a difference in the battle but a buff or heal for the entire group sure could. Going over it in my head again, I don't even recall him doing anything with his companions. He'd put them all on one enemy who was already half health and someone else already had a big hitter on. I thought at the time it was because they were underpowered and he was just inexperienced with the tower. But he sure knew what he was doing when he flashed some XD at us as he hit the fountain. Quite sure he *played* like he was just a new guy along for the ride.

I've gone through with *lower* level ones as well and you couldn't tell at all.

That's why I left. I figure we weren't going to win anyway with that set up but I wasn't going to chance pulling out a fluke victory and him being rewarded.

This thread has been great. Thanks for starting it.

Post Edit: Yes, he did. When the one got disconnected I told him I was sorry but that he should save the drink for a run with a full crew. He took off his gear FAST and went into the room. I followed and told him it wasn't a good idea and we'd probably lose and he said something along the lines of YOLO and ran on into battle after SB.
I don't understand these kind of people. What is the attraction in being rude and mean? These trolls are spending a great deal of time and effort in ruining some other person's fun. Do they already have what they want from the Tower and therefore want to stop others from getting the rare gear or is it because they don't have it and they want to prevent others from getting it?
If some one has spent time being nice and sharing ( as you were ), how can any decent person repay them by being mean? I can understand if they felt slighted and insulted by a team so this is a way to get revenge, but why on earth destroy a player's chances?
What do they gain? Maybe I should start using the names of those who transgress beyond the normal rules so that players can be warned if they see this name in a team up.

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
I don't understand these kind of people. What is the attraction in being rude and mean? These trolls are spending a great deal of time and effort in ruining some other person's fun. Do they already have what they want from the Tower and therefore want to stop others from getting the rare gear or is it because they don't have it and they want to prevent others from getting it?
If some one has spent time being nice and sharing ( as you were ), how can any decent person repay them by being mean? I can understand if they felt slighted and insulted by a team so this is a way to get revenge, but why on earth destroy a player's chances?
What do they gain? Maybe I should start using the names of those who transgress beyond the normal rules so that players can be warned if they see this name in a team up.
I wish I knew. It reminds me of the kids who are obnoxious just for the sake of being obnoxious. They think the picking they do is funny and always act surprised when someone has their fill of it.

I think they just don't even consider the impact their little *game* can have. Two hours is a considerable time to put into working towards something---even when you get the reward. But to have it all be for absolutely nothing when they pull those stunts is very disheartening. I have the luxury of being able to run the tower several times a week (sometimes several times a day) and I can't even imagine the hardship they cause the players who might quite literally have their only option to run that one tower this month just yanked from them.

I've thought of keeping a list of names of known trolls as well.