Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Towering Personalities

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
Yeah,you're right,there is a lot of really bad people.And while I have only done the tower from start to finish once(and tried tons and tons of times),I can't truly comment on this,because Esperanza,you know I'm menu chat.

I can't comment that the Quitters who go through the tower just to get something and leave the others for dead when they get it are some of the worst(even worse than non-quitting troll)

Quitters,however,who leave because real life calls are nor nearly as deserving of a punishment.Real life is so time consuming and complicated that it takes time out of the players.They want to stay with you.They want to finish it from start to finish and they want to have as much fun with you and make sure you have as much fun with them.But more important things call them first.

Freeloaders?I never knew there was people like that.And I must admit,that sounds so maddening.What's the point of having a player who isn't gonna participate?To open the four lock chest?Really?

And as Menu chat,I haven't experienced much trolls,except those who show meanness(yes,that's a real word) not through spoken word but through actions.And that is far from good.
Yeah I had to bail on people because of something in real life and I feel really bad so all those who have been in a battle with Quentin Irving and I ditched you I am terribly sorry I and people who ditch me right when I get in not cool

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Blixet on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:
man, i love that there is a post available to vent about this! i have been doing the tower a ton lately, and i have easily discovered my least favorite category, which just so happens to be a mix of two previously stated categories and one that i am making now: the self proclaimed napoleguin, the whiner, and the (please forgive me for this overly used term) noob. this is the person who will jump straight in a battle without waiting for the team, charge straight forward regardless of everything, and be dead after 3 turns. they then attempt to lead the rest of us to victory from their grave . . . by telling us to do the exact thing that got them KO'ed. they proceed to claim that it was entirely bad luck/glitches/OP tower/gamecheating/my personal favorite: if the rest of us were not such noobs they would be alive. they then do this on almost every floor of the tower. eventually, we get to the nefarious (and thank gosh that he did take his gear off) and he drank the elixir. i buffed agility and set some traps, then i got critical'd by the buccaneers vicious and the subsequent hits, then blasted by the musketeer, and i was history. then, this wanna be whiny napoleguin noob (wwnn for short) who has been nothing but trouble this whole time starts alternating between "we have lost, your all so dumb" and continuing to tell them to do things that will get them killed. then, they summoned an orthrus. while charmed by the drink. what a great guy. anyway, eventually we win ( all thanks to a truly awesome buckling pirate lady whose name i wont mention just in case. . .) and we move on. in the end, no harm done, but i am still fuming over this today! maybe i just have issues letting stuff go, but man, people like that suck all the joy out of this game.

-Matthew Walker, 65 32
Well guess you can call me a noob
p.s. I don't die but if I am a noob I take no offence

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ugh, I just met a Perfect Planner, and he was very nasty! We were nearly through with floor two ( spike room ), when he announces "remember that the next room is the statue room, so don't use summons and un equip your pets." I reply "my pet gives me a heal, sorry I won't un equip it".
His reply? "Yes you will, or I'll walk and you can finish the dungeon with three."
I don't cave in to blackmail, so I said "If that's the way you feel, I'll walk first." Then I exited the game.
Serves him, right. I'm just sorry for the other two. The very nerve of telling someone what to do or else!
And really, what's the big deal about a few extra foo dogs?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
Ugh, I just met a Perfect Planner, and he was very nasty! We were nearly through with floor two ( spike room ), when he announces "remember that the next room is the statue room, so don't use summons and un equip your pets." I reply "my pet gives me a heal, sorry I won't un equip it".
His reply? "Yes you will, or I'll walk and you can finish the dungeon with three."
I don't cave in to blackmail, so I said "If that's the way you feel, I'll walk first." Then I exited the game.
Serves him, right. I'm just sorry for the other two. The very nerve of telling someone what to do or else!
This is true, any pirate worth their aether can handle a few corrupted lions.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
I have met someone and I like to call him The spoiled baby so this buccaneer had drank the potion at the battle of the 5 and the whole team kept on telling him not to but then he did we beat him then he had the nerve to equip it and say cool, awesome and then left and we did not get the chance to get the 4 player chest the next day I saw him and forgave him because I'm a nice person then I went into the dungeon with him when we got to the
nefarious 5 battle I chose to drink it then they all said nay ( the pirate that drank it before was spamming the word nay) no so I didn't drink it but then (I'm pretty sure you can guess what happened next) the same pirate drank the potion and then we lost

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dragonmaster1236 on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
I have met someone and I like to call him The spoiled baby so this buccaneer had drank the potion at the battle of the 5 and the whole team kept on telling him not to but then he did we beat him then he had the nerve to equip it and say cool, awesome and then left and we did not get the chance to get the 4 player chest the next day I saw him and forgave him because I'm a nice person then I went into the dungeon with him when we got to the
nefarious 5 battle I chose to drink it then they all said nay ( the pirate that drank it before was spamming the word nay) no so I didn't drink it but then (I'm pretty sure you can guess what happened next) the same pirate drank the potion and then we lost
He drank it again, after telling you not to? And this after you forgave him? He's a User and Moo's Mole, run away!!!!
I remember you mentioned on another post that you're menu chat, only? Maybe we can arrange a tower run so that you can enjoy the nefarious benefits of that potion!
I will need to know what day and time as well as time zone ( if you aren't sure what yours is, ask your parents )

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Okay, this makes me upset too. Nobody tells me how I should play the game. Sure, I understand advice and constructive criticism, but "demanding" is a completely different ballgame. Other than my actual family in the game, nobody is the boss of me. Nobody else tells me what to do and what not to do and I can't stand it when they "say so". Sure I would hear them out if they're just trying to be nice and friendly. I like taking others ideas, but I do not like to be forced at all. I have control of my own choices, not them, and I'm not going to deal with those attitudes. They literally have no right to boss me around. It just makes me really mad when they do.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
actually I am starting to wonder something,

what's harder to get?

a good team, or finishing the tower these days?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Logan Sharp on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
actually I am starting to wonder something,

what's harder to get?

a good team, or finishing the tower these days?
What's harder to get?
Easy answer, a good team that's friendly and supportive, knows what they're doing; and are fun to be with.
Finishing the tower is easier now that the word is going out on what Moo Manchu drops.

Lately I've been doing some runs with Tower Noobs ( they have never been in the tower at all ). I have to keep reminding myself to be patient, that we all were new to the tower at one time; but when you have to repeat yourself several times as to when someone should un equip gear and assure them, that yes, you get to keep the glowing eyes forever as long as they have the badge equipped, it wears a little thin.

Oh, BTW I met a Fan, who thought we were all so awesome compared to himself. It began to get a little sickening.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
He drank it again, after telling you not to? And this after you forgave him? He's a User and Moo's Mole, run away!!!!
I remember you mentioned on another post that you're menu chat, only? Maybe we can arrange a tower run so that you can enjoy the nefarious benefits of that potion!
I will need to know what day and time as well as time zone ( if you aren't sure what yours is, ask your parents )
Uhh I forgave him the for first time he drank the potion

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've witnessed a disturbing trend among Privateers that I've met in Team Up:
The 'I'm-not-really-a-privy, Privateer'. This player uses only a few buffs during a battle, what he/she really does is charge into combat, using the melee attacks they've gained from gear. Basically they're just another buccaneer or swashbuckler, without the class advantages. And as for healing? Forget about it! Most of their heals are on the second or third page of their powers! ( I know, one of these players had to search for and adjust his powers before fighting Moo! )
Then I recently met a type I'll call The Menu Chat Snob. This happened to The Hoodoo Master and me when we joined a Team Up recently. We had joined battle on the first floor, when one of the players commented "Great, a noob", then he and his friend promptly backed out of the tower! I was wearing my 'Charmbreaker' badge, Hoodoo Master was wearing his 'Nefarious Sixth' badge, I can only assume he was referring to the fact that Hoodoo Master is menu chat!
This just makes me angry! Yes, menu chat is difficult to navigate & finding interesting or meaningful conversation is next to impossible with it, but to ignore or dismiss someone is just rude!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
The 'I'm-not-really-a-privy, Privateer'. This player uses only a few buffs during a battle, what he/she really does is charge into combat, using the melee attacks they've gained from gear. Basically they're just another buccaneer or swashbuckler, without the class advantages. And as for healing? Forget about it! Most of their heals are on the second or third page of their powers! ( I know, one of these players had to search for and adjust his powers before fighting Moo! )
Then I recently met a type I'll call The Menu Chat Snob. This happened to The Hoodoo Master and me when we joined a Team Up recently. We had joined battle on the first floor, when one of the players commented "Great, a noob", then he and his friend promptly backed out of the tower! I was wearing my 'Charmbreaker' badge, Hoodoo Master was wearing his 'Nefarious Sixth' badge, I can only assume he was referring to the fact that Hoodoo Master is menu chat!
This just makes me angry! Yes, menu chat is difficult to navigate & finding interesting or meaningful conversation is next to impossible with it, but to ignore or dismiss someone is just rude!
tell me about it, i got yelled at by one because I didn't heal my own companion when they died

sorry its not like a buccaneer has 6 heals in his power slots -_-

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
One that I just encountered,strangely,on this very moment.I used team up and entered the tower...only to find in my crew a level two witchdoctor named Wolf!In fact,I entered the tower with those three,and the other two people said some things in text chat,and Wolf jumps into the battle.In the first round he yells:''Help!'' and I join him,seeing at least that I may have to try to help him and Kan Po(mostly because I respect Kan Po...)

Well,what happens is he says ''Phew'' with menu chat,adds something in text chat,and flees!!!!

Leaving me to fight nine pigs!If I counted right.Obviously,I LOSE! And I am transported to the Life Fountain in Miranda...and to get to the tower,I recalled a mark,which I now lost and I have to walk all the way back.I have to walk the way back and it's not even my fault!

That's right,WALK.I spent all of my gold on training tomes and furniture to get rid of it,as I was on the gold cap,and now I don't have enough gold for a transportaler.I have to walk.

This is reported to you live,9:20 AM,my time.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for staying behind me.It does mean a lot to me.And if I was a noob,would I be wearing a nefarious sixth badge or carrying somewhere with me the badge Pagoda Paragon?

Or

would I ever be walking around with an awesome title like the Hoodoo Master?Helping people,blessing people,never ever ever closing my mouth once you've opened it,or throwing around parties to create more gatherings and mouth opening and helping and blessing?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Oct 31, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for staying behind me.It does mean a lot to me.And if I was a noob,would I be wearing a nefarious sixth badge or carrying somewhere with me the badge Pagoda Paragon?

Or

would I ever be walking around with an awesome title like the Hoodoo Master?Helping people,blessing people,never ever ever closing my mouth once you've opened it,or throwing around parties to create more gatherings and mouth opening and helping and blessing?
Some people live in a Black Fog of ignorance, I pity them because they don't get to know cool people like you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Oct 31, 2014 wrote:
One that I just encountered,strangely,on this very moment.I used team up and entered the tower...only to find in my crew a level two witchdoctor named Wolf!In fact,I entered the tower with those three,and the other two people said some things in text chat,and Wolf jumps into the battle.In the first round he yells:''Help!'' and I join him,seeing at least that I may have to try to help him and Kan Po(mostly because I respect Kan Po...)

Well,what happens is he says ''Phew'' with menu chat,adds something in text chat,and flees!!!!

Leaving me to fight nine pigs!If I counted right.Obviously,I LOSE! And I am transported to the Life Fountain in Miranda...and to get to the tower,I recalled a mark,which I now lost and I have to walk all the way back.I have to walk the way back and it's not even my fault!

That's right,WALK.I spent all of my gold on training tomes and furniture to get rid of it,as I was on the gold cap,and now I don't have enough gold for a transportaler.I have to walk.

This is reported to you live,9:20 AM,my time.
How the HECK does a level two ( any class ) get to go inside the Tower? Is this due to the fact that if they're a member they have complete access to everything ( and if they've grouped with a high level, go where they really shouldn't )?
What a headache for us high level players then, to have to babysit pirates who have no business in that Tower! As well as getting a 'free peek' at something we earned our way to gain!

Post Edit : on thinking this over, I believe I know what was going on here. The newbie pirate wanted to get that 'Nefarious Sixth' badge! Now, this makes a little more sense to me, however, if you're a low level pirate with a membership with a few good friends at max level, why not ask them to help you, and don't join a team up!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alright, I've just got to say, I've just met the worst & most dumb excuse for going afk in the Tower of Moo Manchu!
We had just entered the tower and were in the first round of the fight; we established that we were going to the top, and one player wanted to use the potion. All fairly normal, right? Not so, my friends! One player actually had the nerve to tell us that he was going afk for--A HAIR CUT !!!!!
Well, I've had enough of afk players leaving for dumb excuses and said so, and I got a whole-hearted support from the rest of the team!
Real life and emergencies, these I can understand. But, a hair cut! Those are scheduled, you know when they're going to happen, why the heck join a team up for a 2+ hour dungeon for something that may take a half hour. Are you really that important that we will wait for you?
Ok, rant over.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 31, 2014 wrote:
Alright, I've just got to say, I've just met the worst & most dumb excuse for going afk in the Tower of Moo Manchu!
We had just entered the tower and were in the first round of the fight; we established that we were going to the top, and one player wanted to use the potion. All fairly normal, right? Not so, my friends! One player actually had the nerve to tell us that he was going afk for--A HAIR CUT !!!!!
Well, I've had enough of afk players leaving for dumb excuses and said so, and I got a whole-hearted support from the rest of the team!
Real life and emergencies, these I can understand. But, a hair cut! Those are scheduled, you know when they're going to happen, why the heck join a team up for a 2+ hour dungeon for something that may take a half hour. Are you really that important that we will wait for you?
Ok, rant over.
The nerve of some people. That would drive me up a wall too.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
oh i just got the best AFK excuse of all time

BRB my power is out, ill let you know when it goes back on

(he was in game as he said this) LOL!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Personalities can be positive and good too, right? I was just curious if any who have had many runs at the tower have run across some great and friendly and positive personalities. It seems that most of the personalities posted lean more to the negative side.

Any tower runners out there have more positive, friendly and nice personalities and/or monikers to share?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 1, 2014 wrote:
Personalities can be positive and good too, right? I was just curious if any who have had many runs at the tower have run across some great and friendly and positive personalities. It seems that most of the personalities posted lean more to the negative side.

Any tower runners out there have more positive, friendly and nice personalities and/or monikers to share?
I have one this swashbuckular I belive his name was perilous David and after 2 people left he stuck around with me even though I don't have text chat he stuck around to the end we faced Moo Manchu I was defeated and he didn't leave he beat that nefarious cow or bull whatever and we beat the tower and that my friend is a good pirate

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Oh sure. I have had many runs with fellow marauders that were pure gigglefests and we totally kicked Moo's tenderloins. I also had the privilege of doing one of their 100 runs with Katherine Nightsong & Duncan from Petnome Pirates. Congratulations to them for their earning their Master of Moo badges That run was blazing fast as we all had Blood's jacket and some had Moo's boots for the Frozen Tide and I had Moo's hat for the Infernal Wave so we had them on the run from floor one. We did the Nefarious 5 in 2 or three rounds too. Awesome runs from all my fellow Marauders.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Valkoor, you're absolutely right! I have had some positive experiences, most with groups who were friendly, supportive and fun to be with. Wonderful major tacticians; who at the same couched their suggestions as suggestions and not as commands.
These are the ones who have learned to 'play nice with others', many of the ones I ( and others ) are complaining about are more used to playing solo, even in a group, they play a solo game.
I believe this Tower may be a training ground, ( I know my tactics and game play has improved immensely- as well as my gear ) when we finally get to face Kane and the Armada, we will need the help of other pirates!

Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
anecorbie on Oct 31, 2014 wrote:
How the HECK does a level two ( any class ) get to go inside the Tower? Is this due to the fact that if they're a member they have complete access to everything ( and if they've grouped with a high level, go where they really shouldn't )?
What a headache for us high level players then, to have to babysit pirates who have no business in that Tower! As well as getting a 'free peek' at something we earned our way to gain!

Post Edit : on thinking this over, I believe I know what was going on here. The newbie pirate wanted to get that 'Nefarious Sixth' badge! Now, this makes a little more sense to me, however, if you're a low level pirate with a membership with a few good friends at max level, why not ask them to help you, and don't join a team up!
I can't get to the Tower *quite* yet, but if anyone needs a lower lvl privy to take the potion and get her tiny tail kicked (I promise I won't heal myself), I'm here! I just won't talk much, as I can't fully text chat (unless you're Recky, but that means that we're talking on the phone and you'll get even LESS out of me).
New type; The Mouse. They find you if you're a higher level than them, beg you for help, and immediately expect you to fight all their battles! Now I don't mind fight a low lvl's battles for them, but I do that when I want to do that! Almost as bad; The Ignorer. They're high levels, who will talk very nicely with you, but as soon a you beg them for help, they go completely deaf! Due to a couple of Ignorers, I got my tail end nicely tanned in the Tso dungeon regularly. For. Two. Weeks.
Sandy Keira Ire lvl 49 (so I passed you again, Recky! Bwahahahaha!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Unfortunately, it's the horrible experiences that stick in your mind,