Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions Based on Where Ye Grew Up

AuthorMessage
Commodore
May 31, 2009
I know this has been posted numerous times, but I just want to put my ideas out there.

Mooshu- You get a Horse Crossbowman. This guy has a slightly different design than the one given to (I think) Privateers. This one's a black horse, and the clothing obviously matches the colors of your pirate. He would be a Musketeer (again, obvious) and his name is Kuro.

Skull Island- You get a Rat Fencer like Dead-Eye Deirdre. She'd have the same attacks, criticals, and whatnot. I'm thinking her name would be something Skull Islandish, like Jessica or Jenny Carter. She'd be a Swashbuckler.

Krokotopia- You get a Krok mage. He'd be one of your standard green Kroks, but have the outfit like Krokenkahmen in W101, of course with your pirate's colors. I haven't thought of a name for this guy yet, but I know he'd be a Witchdoctor.

Marleybone- You get a dog captain like the captains of Marleybone ships. (In either Flotsam or Tradewinds Skyway-the ones with the monocles and blue outfits.) His name would be something like Admiral Richardson, and he would be a Privateer.

Grizzleheim- You get a wolf warrior named Henrik Duskhunter, and he's one of the big armored ones from W101. He'd have grey fur, and his eyes would be visibly blue. His class would be Buccaneer.

So, what do you think? Please share your opinions, I'd love to hear them! I will start thinking on a name for the Krok.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I think that getting a companion on where you grew up is very likely to happen. After all, we still have to find our mother's piece of the map and the best place to find clues is where we lived before the Armada swooped down and captured us.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
I think that getting a companion on where you grew up is very likely to happen. After all, we still have to find our mother's piece of the map and the best place to find clues is where we lived before the Armada swooped down and captured us.
Thanks for answering!

I think a branching quest based on where your pirate grew up would be extremely cool--say you find whoever raised you, and they had a letter from your parents explaining a few things. Someone in your crew (say Ratbeard, since he did it in a CR side quest) is able to decipher a code within the letter giving you clues to the location of your parents' graves or even El Dorado!

Aw, now I'm excited for something that may or may not happen! Creativity is amazing, yes?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for answering!

I think a branching quest based on where your pirate grew up would be extremely cool--say you find whoever raised you, and they had a letter from your parents explaining a few things. Someone in your crew (say Ratbeard, since he did it in a CR side quest) is able to decipher a code within the letter giving you clues to the location of your parents' graves or even El Dorado!

Aw, now I'm excited for something that may or may not happen! Creativity is amazing, yes?
Creativity and encouraging it in others, seems to be a KI agenda!!!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I think this be a brilliant idea lass, ye have me support 100%.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
That's a good idea! I am SOOOOO happy I chose Grizzleheim then, because that would mean I get a WOLF!!! They were my FAVORITE enemies in the W101 series, and having one as a companion would be EPIC!!! He would be my FMBFF (First Mate Best Friend Forever)!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Thank ye all for yer kind feedback!

I still haven't thought of a name for the Krok, does anyone have any ideas?

Ensign
May 03, 2010
I'M NOT ALONE IN MY HOPES AND DREAMS!

However, I do have to pitch in and provide alternate thoughts.

Mooshu: According to Boochbeard, being Mooshu was being raised by a clan of Ninja Pigs. Now, we can't have the swashbuckler ninja pig (wrecks the entire point of a promotion companion) which leaves two main options in my eyes- witchdoctor piggies, or the ranged ninjas.

Skull Island: Raised by Wharf Rats- personally, I feel like the best skin that they already have is the members of rat pack: dagger and gun duo could be a nice arsenal to add to the team.

Krokotopia: All we got was 'Raised in the deserts of krokotopia'. So, that leaves two races- Krok, or Mander. Personally, I don't think kroks like babies. I feel a spell-casting Mander would be pretty cool, though I wouldn't be against a witchdoctor krok mage or a buccaneer krok warrior.

Marleybone: Ugh, Marleybone. I'm not a fan of all the races there, and I didn't like any of the companions. Loved the story, though! It would have to be some sort of dog, I'm personally thinking a witchdoctor dog- every other dog's been used as a companion.

Grizzleheim: It could also be a bear, or maybe even a raven- them or the wolf, this is definitely my favorite of the companion groups to pick from. Even if this never happens, I want to go to Grizzleheim just for the companions!

Either way, I'm glad to find people who agree that this needs to be a thing!

Find me on Sly Winkum, if ye can
Crazy, Crazy Cody- Lv 65
Cowardly Corwin Collins- Lv 65
Burly Brody Boswurth- Lv 25
Modest Micheal- Lv 20
Nimbel Nathanial Nicols- Lv 29
PRAISE CTHULU

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I was trying to get one companion of each class, and I haven't yet been to Marleybone so my only experience with it was in Wizard101.

I think a Musketeer ninja pig is a great idea!

With the Wharf Rats, I think having one of the guys almost too close to Milo Graytail, so I wouldn't do that. Having a shooty/stabby weapon would be neat!

It shows in the character creation screen that you fight in the arena, which is run by Kroks. According to a side quest in W101 only one Mander (Oka) was allowed to fight in the arena, so I don't think having a Mander companion would match up. Besides, while Manders are cute, I like Kroks better.

A Privateer dog with magical attacks would be okay, I guess. As long as he's a Privateer. Like I said earlier, I think one companion of each class is a good idea.

Grizzleheim- A bear was my second idea since we were raised by a bear clan. He'd be one of the skinnier ones, like the main bear in the Savarstaad Pass. (I can't remember his name!) He's a Buccaneer and his name would still be Henrik Duskhunter.

A name for the Krok- Ak'men. Sounds just like it looks. Got it from Tutankhamen. I don't know how.

Ensign
May 03, 2010
I stand corrected on Krokotopia- well said.

The problem with the privateer dog is that both the dogs so far are privateers- one ranged, one melee. Maybe Krok Arena Leader that's a privateer, and the dog is the witchdoctor.

Also, I decided that the sky squid gets a new bonus companion.
PRAISE CTHULU
Crazy, Crazy Cody- Lv 65
Modest Micheal- Lv 20

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
Thank ye all for yer kind feedback!

I still haven't thought of a name for the Krok, does anyone have any ideas?
what about something Egyptian like Emperor Amul
also you should think of promos for them

Stocky Tim Calles lvl.26

Commodore
May 31, 2009
DaMiniTroll on Jul 2, 2014 wrote:
I stand corrected on Krokotopia- well said.

The problem with the privateer dog is that both the dogs so far are privateers- one ranged, one melee. Maybe Krok Arena Leader that's a privateer, and the dog is the witchdoctor.

Also, I decided that the sky squid gets a new bonus companion.
PRAISE CTHULU
Crazy, Crazy Cody- Lv 65
Modest Micheal- Lv 20
Ah, you're right, most dogs are Privateers! The Arena Master could be a Privateer now that I think about it. As for the Witchdoctor Dog, it's story could be that it is a dog from the Wizard101 Marleybone, and it came to a friendly place* in Pirate101 Marleybone to seek a better life. Hehehe I think I know what that Sky Squid companion would be...

*I say 'friendly place' since I've never been to Pirate101 Marleybone and don't know what any Commons areas are named!

Ensign
May 03, 2010
MistyDragon13 on Jul 2, 2014 wrote:
Ah, you're right, most dogs are Privateers! The Arena Master could be a Privateer now that I think about it. As for the Witchdoctor Dog, it's story could be that it is a dog from the Wizard101 Marleybone, and it came to a friendly place* in Pirate101 Marleybone to seek a better life. Hehehe I think I know what that Sky Squid companion would be...

*I say 'friendly place' since I've never been to Pirate101 Marleybone and don't know what any Commons areas are named!
Since you haven't been to Marleybone, I won't spoil too much, but I'll put it this way-
You don't go to Westminster Skyway if you want a better life, to put it simply- the witch doctor would have to come with the military or to escape something.

Now I want to switch to Sky Squid deaths.

PRAISE CTHULU
Crazy Cody, Lvl 65

Commodore
May 31, 2009
DaMiniTroll on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
Since you haven't been to Marleybone, I won't spoil too much, but I'll put it this way-
You don't go to Westminster Skyway if you want a better life, to put it simply- the witch doctor would have to come with the military or to escape something.

Now I want to switch to Sky Squid deaths.

PRAISE CTHULU
Crazy Cody, Lvl 65
Oooh, that sounds mysterious! I think I'm going to have to hurry up and finish MooShu now!

Ensign
May 03, 2010
Marleybone is the best world, without a doubt- top 5 levels in all of gaming, in my opinion.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
This would be a VERY nice update to have! I agree with this more than any other ideas I can possibly find! Get this to the developers people! This needs to be a thing!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
The Wandering Krak... on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
This would be a VERY nice update to have! I agree with this more than any other ideas I can possibly find! Get this to the developers people! This needs to be a thing!
Aw, thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you like my idea.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Hmmm...
So does that mean that my companion is gonna be a fan of the Beatles AND a reptile? My father's favorite things!

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
Boucan do it!
Current Goal: Defeat Count de Brass!