Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is Skull Island made of?

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
By the title I mean like, is Skull Island partially made from the ruins of Azteca? This just had me thinking, especially with the addition of Xol Akmul, and now I am beginning to become confused with the current timeline in the spiral, between wizard and pirate at least, and the water-moles make me think that Skull Island is somehow linked to Celestia?
Well really, all I want to ask is how was Skull Island created?

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
Yeah, the Xol Akmul update does confuse the timeline a bit. It seems that the Wizard101 Azteca events are happening then, and that the Mooshu events happen after. No the water moles are just tribal creatures that appear on jungle islands, but it would be cool if Wizard101 Celestia and Pirate 101 Skull Island were the same place.

Clever Sam Jones

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Hi!

It seems like to me that skull island and Azteca are 2 different worlds, but the aztecans built lived in a area of skull island for a little bit which is Xol Akmul. Hope this helped a little bit!

Noble Ryan Thompson 65
Loyal Garret Jones 65
Cautious Joshua Ironside 57( just reached Aquila)
Smart Todd Wright 14
Fearless William Ashburn 12?
Sneaky Blaze Dodger 1

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Skull Island is the most interesting world of them all.The Skull Island Aztecosaurs ,the many Shark clans,the Prawns,the Troggies,the Watermoles,and so much more!I could talk about it all day!Though I'll wait to see how this discussion goes.

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
I'm pretty sure that at its explained in Xol Akmul that the Aztecasaurs colonized Skull Island, but left their colonies, which explains all of the ruins. But then, when Morgathane enslaves the Lords of Night (which is happening during Wiz's Azteca) some Aztecasaurs come back to Skull Island, which explains Xol Akmul.

You are right about the MooShu, thing. However, Blind Mew said something in one of the story threads that the Emperor could have been cured before or during our MooShu, but news traveled slow in the days when the game is set, so the people outside the center wouldn't know it yet. At the same time, it seems like the news would have gotten there by the time the Wizard PC had done Dragonspyre, Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, and part of Azteca. (or at least the time it took me to do all of those worlds)

It also brings up an error with the Marleybone storylines. Its implied by the game and explained in a different thread that Sherlock Bones is still dealing with the effects of the Krokonomican, which he is in all of Wizard's Marleybone. It seems like that would be done by now. (and yes, I know that its a small thing, and not a complete error, but it does bother me).

Ivette Xavier, Oracle

P.S. To actually answer your question, I can say that Skull Island is a very mismatched world. While most of the worlds seem to have a dominant animal (dogs in Marleybone, cows in MooShu) Skull Island doesn't seem to have one. I think both the mice/rats are from there, as well as the sloths. Its implied in the Commondore's backstory that Skull Island was once colonized by Marleybone. All in all, its an interesting world.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
I'm not sure if this will help,but Blind Mew has addressed the Skull Island Aztecasaurs vs the Azteca Aztecasaurs here

If the link doesn't make it,I'll apologize to One Eyed Jack in advance and just paste Mew's response here:

This bit is a little tricky, so let me clarify:

The Aztecosaurs who settled in Skull Island died out long ago, and are now nothing but mummies. They are cousins to the builders of Azteca, but in Azteca the scaly guys managed to live on in isolation for far longer. Azteca is not Skull Island - the two are close to each other in the Spiral, given that the Monquistans have found their way to both places, but they are not the same islands. The timeline is intact.

Now, both the Azteca Aztecosaurs and the Skull Island Aztecosaurs share a common origin, which is very interesting. We'll get to that later...

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013