Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rank 4 epic talents?

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I was just wondering... if a Swashbuckler with rank 3 first strike equips an item that give him/her another first strike epic, does that mean it becomes rank 4, or does it just become a clone of the first, first strike?
I hope this makes sense XD

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
Noble Tyler Strong on May 24, 2014 wrote:
I was just wondering... if a Swashbuckler with rank 3 first strike equips an item that give him/her another first strike epic, does that mean it becomes rank 4, or does it just become a clone of the first, first strike?
As of now, First Strike Rank 4 hasn't been released so you cannot stack into a fourth rank of it. If you were to equip another item with First Strike when you already have First Strike Rank 3, it wouldn't be applied at all so you wouldn't have another First Strike Epic.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
I've been told it just give you an extra first strike attack, even if you have first strike rank 2.
I haven't tested it myself yet though

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Friendly Jesse Pew on May 24, 2014 wrote:
I've been told it just give you an extra first strike attack, even if you have first strike rank 2.
I haven't tested it myself yet though
They have changed it so that if an item gives you an epic ability that you already have, it will increase the rank of it.

IE: If a Swashbuckler has first strike 2, equipping that item would increase its rank to First Strike 3.
This is what I am now assuming.
If a Swashbuckler already has First Strike 3, there will be no effect.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Noble Tyler Strong on May 24, 2014 wrote:
already posted about this thread btw (I am a max lvl SB with "eyes of the cobra" (gives first strike))

since I already have First Strikex3, eyes of the cobra is useless except for its stats...

before the advanced companions
(my stats)
First Strikex3
First Strike (I would attack the first enemy twice, everyone else once)

AFTER the advanced companions
First Strikex3
(no buff from cobra, game plays out normally)

Ratbeard said he will include some higher ranked talents soon though....I am excited :D