Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Different reward from chests

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 21, 2013
My brother and I have been playing this game for long time, and enjoy farming bosses together to get the rewards, like ultra rare weapons. We've always gotten the same rewards when opening the chests after a battle, but recently it's not the case.
While farming Talos for his sword, when we defeated him and opened the chests, I got Helios Brace weapon and a Jelly Rogers pet snack, my brother got a Statue of Apollo housing item, and the usual gold.
Then we went to Water Guardian, he actually got the Water Guardian Staff, but I got a Darkwood Wand. We couldn't believe it, and I'm obviously a bit upset. This has never happened before.
Is this a glitch, or an intentional update??

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
You didn't mention what level you are and what level your brother is nor what class of Pirate you have and what class of Pirate your brother has. I've noticed that if my Pirate is helping someone else out that is ahead in the story line (my level is less than the Pirate I am helping out) that the rewards I get are related to the level of my Pirate and not the level of the enemy I helped fight. Also, I think that the reward might also be related to the type of Pirate that was fighting but I am not sure of this.

Ensign
Sep 21, 2013
My brother and I are both max level 65. I'm buccaneer and he played as privateer. We've both finished the game and are just farming.
I don't see why we should not get same rewards from boss chests, that's always been the case. We've always gotten the exact same rewards regardless of the class we play.
We've gotten most ultra rare weapons in aquila together from same boss fight before. Only in last few days did we not get same rewards after those 2 mentioned boss battles. This has never happened before.
Waterguardian staff is smashy, which is for buccaneer. Helpfull Pirate, by your reasoning, I should've gotten it and not my brother on his privateer. I got a Woody wand that's staffy for witch doctor.
Bosses drop a selection of gear, weapons, that any class pirate can get and then pass onto his other classes.

Community Leader
I have had this problem when I was farming Zeena. I was with another maxed pirate who got a weapon from Zeena. And I naturally assumed that mine was sent to my bank since my backpack was full.

But the next battle, after cleaning up my backpack, I got the weapon and he didn't. It acted like the battle didn't wanna send my weapon to the bank and rather just hold it until the next battle before giving it to me.

This I found very very odd.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
I had the same issue . I emailed King isle . they pretty much told me there was nothing they could do about any items lost, and i showed them pictures and comparisons. this has happend in multiple situations same level . higher, lower. they get a pet, i dont. they get wepaons and outfits and i get tacos and pineapples

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
In Wizard when fighting in groups the rewards have always been different between the players. A feature that I hate with a burning passion, especially when I'm furniture farming and everyone else but me always get exactly what I want. I spent over four weeks farming a dungeon for a single furniture piece and never got it while all three of my friends who came with me got it. Eventually I gave up and never farmed again.

That was the thing that I loved about pirate's loot. Everything was divided equally so no one player hoarded all the best stuff. I was glad to ask my friends to farm with me, instead of resent them for helping knowing that they might get the one thing that I wanted. Now it seems that Pirate has followed in Wizard's footsteps and made the loot system "random" so that no one got the same thing. Thus making it that much more difficult to farm for one thing with friends. So it looks like I'm going to have to solo farm from now on.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The only problem with solo farming is that you don't get as many chests and so it could take longer to get.

Developer
There are some loot tables in the early portions of the game that will drop gear that is customized for your class.

Those are the only loot tables that will award different loot to different pirates.

Anything beyond Skull Island should be reported as a bug.

• Kelsey's issue with the full backpack is working correctly: the weapon dropped for both of you, in the same fight, but since your backpack was full, the item went to your overflow. When you made space in your backpack, the weapon was sent to your backpack.

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
Ratbeard on May 28, 2014 wrote:
There are some loot tables in the early portions of the game that will drop gear that is customized for your class.

Those are the only loot tables that will award different loot to different pirates.

Anything beyond Skull Island should be reported as a bug.

• Kelsey's issue with the full backpack is working correctly: the weapon dropped for both of you, in the same fight, but since your backpack was full, the item went to your overflow. When you made space in your backpack, the weapon was sent to your backpack.
Oh it was a bug. and i had confirmed this farming on the silver stallion in cooper roost. in a group battle with 2 others. they got weapons and a dropped turtle mount, after making this aware 2 days later the turtle mounts appear in crowns.
alas its does not bring back the items that were pirated from me. It had happend more then once n seperate locations that i could verify with pics and chat .
Sorry to say Mr. Rat Beard, I no longer do group battles, since there was too much dissapointment and nothing that could be done . I still play constantly and update wiki regulary.
P101 is still one of my fav all time online games my kids love it too.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I was playing on two accounts today, and had three separate instances of differing loot drops in Mooshu on Kaizuko Jima. Since both windows were open on my screen, I sent in a bug report with screenshots of the two chat logs showing that one pirate received different loot from the other pirate. In the first case, the higher level pirate got a weapon that the lower level on the second account did not get. In the second battle, the higher level pirate got TWO weapons and the other pirate got an Outfit which the first pirate did not get. In the third battle, the lower level pirate got 660 gold where the higher level pirate got two sets of boots.

It's a very odd bug...

Developer
Just a quick update for you all... we can now definitely call this a bug and a "Known Issue."

We know what and where the bug is, and we will be squashing it ASAP!

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
Ratbeard on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Just a quick update for you all... we can now definitely call this a bug and a "Known Issue."

We know what and where the bug is, and we will be squashing it ASAP!
Thank you for confirming. I just wish the lost items could be returned also

Developer
Whiffy Lucas Burke on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for confirming. I just wish the lost items could be returned also
We do everything we can to make sure you don't lose loot because you have no space.

But as some point you have to take some time to clean out your backpack and/or your bank.