Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Advanced Companions

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
With the new update out I wanted to see what y'all thought bout the new advanced companions thing. Personally, not a fan myself at all.

Ensign
Feb 20, 2014
Totally agree. I shouldn't have to wait 4 hours for my companion to get its health back, unless I want to spend over 21000 gold to revive him.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
GoldRoseKnight on May 12, 2014 wrote:
With the new update out I wanted to see what y'all thought bout the new advanced companions thing. Personally, not a fan myself at all.
I love it. All the companions that I don't want showing up in a top level fight are now being oh so useful doing tasks that make things easier for me and them. Now I have great choices in how they show up in battle (Thanks loads KingsIsle for listening to us in test and making those great changes. ). It's a little different, yes but really beneficial to the whole team.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
GoldRoseKnight on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Well it can be a tad annoying (and expensive gold wise) but at least it tries to get us to train people besides just 3-5 that we like.

Also now you don't need to use up your mojo potions or head to a life fountain all the time. (Like when facing them sky beasts aka Bumbaloons) and you will be surprised how quickly (or how long) some companions take.

I say the advanced companions are fine but just a bit annoying. (Friar Sand although will happily spar with you if your pockets are feeling a bit low)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Only played with them a bit myself, but quite like what I see.

-Indigo