Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Advice on being a privateer

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Hey guys its me Griffin and I was wondering if you could help me out. I recently started a new privateer ( Wordy Cyrus Eastman ) an I realized " Man, I am gonna need some help If I want to make it as a privateer." so I was wondering I any of you great privateers out there could help me out with some advice. My 's level is about 18 I think. Hope you can help!
- Griffin Deverux
- Wordy Cyrus Eastman

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Griffen Deverux on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys its me Griffin and I was wondering if you could help me out. I recently started a new privateer ( Wordy Cyrus Eastman ) an I realized " Man, I am gonna need some help If I want to make it as a privateer." so I was wondering I any of you great privateers out there could help me out with some advice. My 's level is about 18 I think. Hope you can help!
- Griffin Deverux
- Wordy Cyrus Eastman
As long as you think of your crew as your weapon you will do great. A privateer excels when they support their crew. Protect those squishies as they will be dealing out the damage for you. Once you get higher you can farm for gear that gives you some powerful hits but for the most part, farm to keep that crew trained for your buffs and heals will empower them to protect you.

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
- Griffin Deverux
- Wordy Cyrus Eastman
I can help try to boost your strength not will. Will is just for healing you should care about will when you get all healing powers also try to learn dodgy talents because most privateers stay back and use buffs but when it's time all the dodgyness will help you overcome a pirates nightmare a buccaneer's reckless frenzy and the worst part vengence strike 3 a strike that can stun you in pvp. Goodluck on leveling up your privateer.

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
Save ALL side quest companions for AFTER you max out so that you don't have to murder your gold piles.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
- Griffin Deverux
- Wordy Cyrus Eastman
believe it or not, privateers are the most unique class in p101, and also, in my and the opinion of many, the strongest. dont charge, you will get wrecked. buff, shield, and heal your companions wisely, because a maxed privateer that knows what he is doing as all but unstoppable!

Matthew Walker 65
Sly Sloan Silver 65
Matthew Walker 6

Captain
May 16, 2011
- Griffin Deverux
- Wordy Cyrus Eastman
I hear ya. I had a hard time transitioning from my Witchdoctor, Hank, over to my Swashbuckler, Liam. So different attack strategies. My first instinct on my Swashy is to stay back and use Juju, then hit with Mojo Strike the next round.

Anyway, my advice is pretty much stay back the entire time and buff. I know that's probably hard for you, considering you're usually jumping forward first round(And I don't blame you, that's how a Swashy functions). Also, I'd try and use Gunnery first round.

Cheers!

Project Mortarshell: In progress. Armadillo Farming: In progress.