Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Advanced pets!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I AM SO EXCITED!!! The new pet battling system sound really cool and you can finally place pets in your house! I hope that no other pets take place of my Armadillo...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Witty Gavin on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
I AM SO EXCITED!!! The new pet battling system sound really cool and you can finally place pets in your house! I hope that no other pets take place of my Armadillo...
I totally agree I just pray it's not the mind numbing games to level them but I am so excited about all the new stuff I am bouncing. WOOT It's all SO cool and SO beautiful and SO neat and looks SO fun

SO.............Whacha think

Administrator
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
I totally agree I just pray it's not the mind numbing games to level them but I am so excited about all the new stuff I am bouncing. WOOT It's all SO cool and SO beautiful and SO neat and looks SO fun

SO.............Whacha think
Your prayers shall be answered!

Quote from the Article: "The Pirate101 Pet system may be a little different than what you're used to! You'll be sending your Pets out to train on world-based activities (Like Crane Meditation in Mooshu or Hay Bailing in Cool Ranch) while continuing on with whatever you were doing previously in Pirate101.

In general, Pet training activities take three things: Time, Energy Cost (you'll have a new orange globe by your health and mojo potion indicators), and most require special pieces of Pet Gear. After training your Pet, you'll be given a chance to feed your pet a snack to grant them even more experience or stat upgrades!"

. . . you can read this as no mini-games.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:

Quote from the Article: "The Pirate101 Pet system may be a little different than what you're used to! You'll be sending your Pets out to train on world-based activities (Like Crane Meditation in Mooshu or Hay Bailing in Cool Ranch) while continuing on with whatever you were doing previously in Pirate101.

In general, Pet training activities take three things: Time, Energy Cost (you'll have a new orange globe by your health and mojo potion indicators), and most require special pieces of Pet Gear. After training your Pet, you'll be given a chance to feed your pet a snack to grant them even more experience or stat upgrades!"

Oh I was SO hoping that's what that meant. *Does happy dance backflips and lands with perfect swashbuckery flair and ends with a brilliantly executed swoosh and flourish of the plumed hat.*
You confirmed my highest hopes and made my year. *Starts singing, "They listened, they listened, they care, they care" and goes into silly overdrive.*

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Witty Gavin on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
Oooh, I can't wait either, sounds like a fantastic way to mix things up a bit in the Spiral. And every pet does need a home, so it is great that they finally get a place to lounge around. I hear you about hoping poor little Armadillo doesn't take a back seat...I too have become quite fond of that oversized little roly-poly guy. Definitely can't wait to see all of these new 'toys' in the game. Very eager to see how more effective the new pets will be in combat

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
This will either be a flop, or the most fun thing I will ever have the pleasure of playing! I hope that my armadillo will become unstoppable. For morphing, I have a spare armadillo! I can't wait!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Is pet training for members only. Because my membership is going to go out soon and I really want to upgrade Admiral Peanut.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010

:O finally our pets will become useful in battle.

Also excited about the housing update (I have plenty of mounts and pets that need to be unleashed to my houses XD )

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

Well, we finally get to let our pets and mounts roam free in our houses! Thanks so much! Now, if we could only allow our Companions to roam around in our houses, we would be very happy.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
I agree these pet changes are soooooooooooo cool! I can't wait to send Admiral Isabella ( my armadillo) to CRUSH YOUR ( adorable and irreplaceable) PETS! Those new areas are gonna have to wait 'cause my dillo and I are going to have a serious pirate and pet day! ( needless to say I'm hitting the Armadisco )

- Griffin lvl 65 , creator of My Little Vacation Log, and self proclaimed world's biggest armadillo lover! ( Just ask my pal Richard )

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I almost forgot to ask, what is the minimum level requirement for the Advanced Pets? I'm certain there's a level requirement for that.

Ensign
Sep 23, 2012
From One Eyed Jack on the central forums- We're definitely going to have a full run on the Test Realm with the Advanced Pets system as balance is sure to be looked at, and I’m sure we'll have a lot of valuable player feedback. Our feeling is that if you've leveled your Pirate to 65, or you've leveled your Pet to 65, then you've already put in all the work to earn the rewards. You can transfer that pet to a new, low level character, and your pet will happily romp all over the low level content.
Does this mean that if we have a pet on a low level pirate, from a high level pirate, then will that pets level be dropped? I certainly need to do some pet swapping....

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
WOOT!! advanced pets for the win! i cannot wait to have this implemented!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Now that I see you have been trying to figure out a way to implement advanced pets without ruining p101, I understand why the latest update is taking so long. Please take your time. Let test realm percolate your system. I apologize for any impatience before I knew how much fundamental change is coming. Pet training soured my experience of wizard101, so I know how carefully you've considered all this. We will see the new system soon enough, and it sounds like you've eliminated the "Salt Mines" experience of Mini-games.

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
Would y'all believe I just recently went through and sold all of my duplicate pets?!

Aaargh! I could have made so many morphs.

Thrifty Tiffany Webb lvl 65
Fearless Fallon Webb lvl 65
Black Bailey Webb lvl 34

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Things be heating, and I like it, pet battles "brilliant".

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Like a lot of other people I'm really excited for advanced pets

When I first saw the teaser pictures i thought it would be ship pvp, but this sounds like a whole lot of fun.
I'm definitely impressed at all of the effort kingsisle has put in this next update.

See you in the skyways

Noble Ryan Thompson

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
RyeKishatu2013 on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
Wow, it's like everyone here has an armadillo.
I don't have one yet

Captain
May 16, 2011
Pet..... Training? *Grumble grumble grumble* So, the Aquilans think Bat Masterson isn't fit enough to be a hero, yet they think pets are? Has logic left the Spiral? I mean, why would the Aquilans suddenly move to Skull Island? And pets can now go through metamorphosis? What has Pirate101 come to? Tell me the next world(s) will make up for this mistake.........