Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The new update

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Hi there pirates!

As most of you know, it has been 10 months (give or take a few days) since the release of Marleybone and Aquila, and over 3 months since our last update of any kind! Now don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I'm finding that I am running out of stuff to do! I have three fully leveled pirates, and I just can't bring myself to finish Cool Ranch on my buccaneer. Cool Ranch can be tedious the first time, but Time #4 makes it just ridiculous. Housing has lost its appeal for me, and I can't even bring myself to go to the spar chamber anymore. Usually I know how the fight will go before it even begins. For example, I know that swashbucklers almost always use black fog first, and that great juju or mournsong is the go-to starter for witchdoctors. I'm not going to lie, I'm often guilty of doing these same things on my own characters, but it still makes for a less than interesting match most of the time. And don't even get me started on farming

x sigh x

So, if anyone has any suggestions outside of the things I've just listed for me to do, I will be absurdly grateful.

See you around the spiral (once the updates come out)!

*side note, since the test realm always comes out near the middle of the month, there may still be hope for April.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lordofwinter35 on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
Hi there pirates!

As most of you know, it has been 10 months (give or take a few days) since the release of Marleybone and Aquila, and over 3 months since our last update of any kind! Now don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I'm finding that I am running out of stuff to do! I have three fully leveled pirates, and I just can't bring myself to finish Cool Ranch on my buccaneer. Cool Ranch can be tedious the first time, but Time #4 makes it just ridiculous. Housing has lost its appeal for me, and I can't even bring myself to go to the spar chamber anymore. Usually I know how the fight will go before it even begins. For example, I know that swashbucklers almost always use black fog first, and that great juju or mournsong is the go-to starter for witchdoctors. I'm not going to lie, I'm often guilty of doing these same things on my own characters, but it still makes for a less than interesting match most of the time. And don't even get me started on farming

x sigh x

So, if anyone has any suggestions outside of the things I've just listed for me to do, I will be absurdly grateful.

*side note, since the test realm always comes out near the middle of the month, there may still be hope for April.
I just love helping other pirates. I never know where they will be in the game and it is always fun to see the events through someone else's eyes. I also do a lot of ship farming in my maxed pirates as I am earning gold to get the companions trained up while I wait for the update. I have two more pirates worth of companions to get those last three levels done and those last ones are the killers. But I enjoy the challenge and I get to help others raise their nautical as I earn gold and it is a blast rejoicing with them as they level up.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hmmmmm....A-HA, how about carving a cigar store Indian. That should surely help pass the time away till the new content arrives. Of course, I am joking...but maybe not. Sometimes it is good just to escape for a while and try your hooks at something totally different- and possibly rewarding.

As far as the game goes...maybe try going over to central and help update the wiki while you farm for gear or quest. It adds a new twist to farming and from my own experiences, it can be rather addictive once you get going. Plus, it can help out our fellow pirates as far as finding good gear and seeing what is out there in the game. It is actually pretty neat especially when you 'discover' something that has escaped the wiki and the forums. Finding that rare, undocumented item, taking a screenshot, cropping it, creating a wiki item page for it and then uploading the image for all of your fellow pirates to admire- can be quite rewarding and exciting...at least it has been for me.

It may provide you just that change of pace that you need to get you through these next, hopefully, few weeks until the new content/worlds arrive. You can be multitasking, while still playing the game: farming, helping someone out, acquiring much needed gold to purchase training tomes, progressing your other pirates and recording drops to update the wiki. It may not sound like much fun, but I for one think that it is rather interesting and helps break up the monotony. Plus, like I said- it will be providing something helpful and useful to the P101 community.

Whatever you decide to do to pass the time, I wish you the best of luck and continued success in the Spiral and life.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Play a different game or other do other activities in the meantime.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Hmmmmm....A-HA, how about carving a cigar store Indian. That should surely help pass the time away till the new content arrives. Of course, I am joking...but maybe not. Sometimes it is good just to escape for a while and try your hooks at something totally different- and possibly rewarding.

As far as the game goes...maybe try going over to central and help update the wiki while you farm for gear or quest. It adds a new twist to farming and from my own experiences, it can be rather addictive once you get going. Plus, it can help out our fellow pirates as far as finding good gear and seeing what is out there in the game. It is actually pretty neat especially when you 'discover' something that has escaped the wiki and the forums. Finding that rare, undocumented item, taking a screenshot, cropping it, creating a wiki item page for it and then uploading the image for all of your fellow pirates to admire- can be quite rewarding and exciting...at least it has been for me.

It may provide you just that change of pace that you need to get you through these next, hopefully, few weeks until the new content/worlds arrive. You can be multitasking, while still playing the game: farming, helping someone out, acquiring much needed gold to purchase training tomes, progressing your other pirates and recording drops to update the wiki. It may not sound like much fun, but I for one think that it is rather interesting and helps break up the monotony. Plus, like I said- it will be providing something helpful and useful to the P101 community.

Whatever you decide to do to pass the time, I wish you the best of luck and continued success in the Spiral and life.
Great point Valkoor. I have been doing a LOT of Wiki updating myself, especially if you want to gauge it by the "Oops" letters I get from the Wiki masters when I mess something up (I am still learning) Latest one: Don't capitalize "A", The", "Of", and other articles even though it's that way in my backpack I need to use the Notification screen's format. Oops, lol. Too bad the backpack font is so much bigger and easier to see, hence why I was using it lol. Although to my credit I was not entering in the whole title in upper case.
I got lucky two nights ago, I did a few hours farming Captain Spartacos and after entering in the drops I had 7 items to model and create . You are also right on the addicting part. It is amazing how much time it takes to enter that stuff in and my admiration for all the Wiki Masters and all those wonderful pirates the contributed to such an awesome database.
There is so much to learn and I dearly love learning something new so I am very impressed with the abilities of all those that created it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Great point Valkoor. I have been doing a LOT of Wiki updating myself, especially if you want to gauge it by the "Oops" letters I get from the Wiki masters when I mess something up (I am still learning) Latest one: Don't capitalize "A", The", "Of", and other articles even though it's that way in my backpack I need to use the Notification screen's format. Oops, lol. Too bad the backpack font is so much bigger and easier to see, hence why I was using it lol. Although to my credit I was not entering in the whole title in upper case.
I got lucky two nights ago, I did a few hours farming Captain Spartacos and after entering in the drops I had 7 items to model and create . You are also right on the addicting part. It is amazing how much time it takes to enter that stuff in and my admiration for all the Wiki Masters and all those wonderful pirates the contributed to such an awesome database.
There is so much to learn and I dearly love learning something new so I am very impressed with the abilities of all those that created it.
I feel your pain and joy at the same time, in regards to updating the P101 wiki. You are not the only one who has been bitten by the Wiki Master Oops Bug. After some of my first few attempts, I would be surprised by a PM from Darkheart and automatically I knew that the message would be of the, 'just a few suggestions' variety. DH was always very helpful, informative and polite in 'setting me straight'. Even still, after 600+ edits, I occasionally get a 'suggestion' message, which I am always sooo glad to receive, because it points me in the right direction and as you said allows me to learn something new and do it better. I like that my errors don't just get corrected without someone ever telling me how I could improve upon the task at hand.

I should have let you know about the not capitalizing "a, of and the" and about using the actual Notifications screen to record the drops/items- especially once I knew you were 'hooked on wiki' as well. And yes, it is quite exciting when you get those moments where you 'discover' several undocumented items at once. I got my 1st housing item page to create yesterday and you would have thought that I won the Lotto...OK, maybe not that excited.

Also you are sooooo right- it truly makes you realized and appreciate all of the hard work and time that goes into managing and updating the wiki. After contributing some myself and seeing what process is involved, I look at the wiki in a totally different and impressive light. The masters are to be commended, again and again, for all of their amazing efforts. I have found so many pieces of great gear because of using the wiki and I thank them, and all of the contributors (including you), for doing such a great and utterly fantastic job.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
I feel your pain and joy at the same time, in regards to updating the P101 wiki. You are not the only one who has been bitten by the Wiki Master Oops Bug. After some of my first few attempts, I would be surprised by a PM from Darkheart and automatically I knew that the message would be of the, 'just a few suggestions' variety. DH was always very helpful, informative and polite in 'setting me straight'. Even still, after 600+ edits, I occasionally get a 'suggestion' message, which I am always sooo glad to receive, because it points me in the right direction and as you said allows me to learn something new and do it better. I like that my errors don't just get corrected without someone ever telling me how I could improve upon the task at hand.

I should have let you know about the not capitalizing "a, of and the" and about using the actual Notifications screen to record the drops/items- especially once I knew you were 'hooked on wiki' as well. And yes, it is quite exciting when you get those moments where you 'discover' several undocumented items at once. I got my 1st housing item page to create yesterday and you would have thought that I won the Lotto...OK, maybe not that excited.

Also you are sooooo right- it truly makes you realized and appreciate all of the hard work and time that goes into managing and updating the wiki. After contributing some myself and seeing what process is involved, I look at the wiki in a totally different and impressive light. The masters are to be commended, again and again, for all of their amazing efforts. I have found so many pieces of great gear because of using the wiki and I thank them, and all of the contributors (including you), for doing such a great and utterly fantastic job.
*Gives the secret Wiki contributor handshake.* * Looks over at Darkheart for the nod that tells me I did it right.*

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have been amusing myself mainly with Wizard101 while waiting for the next update. And I totally agree about Cool Ranch - it drags a bit, and since it is my least favorite area aesthetically (just can't get my head around cowboys-n-pirates, don't know why) it really seems to take forever. But returning to Wizard after almost completely abandoning it for Pirate has been fun. I suspect I am about to flip again, with a new update looming.

-Indigo

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Lordofwinter35 on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
Hi there pirates!

x sigh x

Well you won't be waiting much longer matey, a new fun update is coming up that will improve the greatest allies that are by are sides.

Advanced Pets :D