Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wizard101 vs. Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
I have always wondered if someone has said this on the Boards
I honestly haven't played Wizards but i have watched it on Youtube it doesn't look that fun I went on the website to see what the prices would be in the future for the new worlds but anyway i was wondering what you think tnx all.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I like them both!

Pirate101 is the more fun of the two games in terms of questing and such, as in Wizard101 I'm sitting around, waiting for my friends to log on.

In Wizard101 I have more good friends though. I've known many of them for two and a half years at the least and I trust them a lot. I do wish that they'd log on more though. I'm lonely without them.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
CanaanBC on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
I have always wondered if someone has said this on the Boards
I honestly haven't played Wizards but i have watched it on Youtube it doesn't look that fun I went on the website to see what the prices would be in the future for the new worlds but anyway i was wondering what you think tnx all.
I play both Pirate101 and Wizard101 and I find both to be equally fun. You really can't truly judge a game based on a video. I would try the free trial of Wizard101 and then make a judgement if you actually wish to continue. Some players like Pirate101 more, others Wizard101, and some both. You never know until you try.

Hope that helps

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jan 18, 2014 wrote:
I play both Pirate101 and Wizard101 and I find both to be equally fun. You really can't truly judge a game based on a video. I would try the free trial of Wizard101 and then make a judgement if you actually wish to continue. Some players like Pirate101 more, others Wizard101, and some both. You never know until you try.

Hope that helps
Well said, as usual.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
I loved the good old days of playing Wizard101. I was a wee young Life Wizard named Jack Summerblade. I never got hooked into the storyline of the game, except for Krokotopia and Mooshu. The gameplay was so much fun, but compared to Pirate101, I wouldn't even think about it. Pirate101 is great.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I love both, but they are very different games in terms of how to get through them. I feel like wiz is much more social than pirate actually, due to all the bosses and mobs in wiz. I could be wrong here (i'm a balance, so I do have solo trouble) but about halfway through Avalon, the bosses get so tough that having a teammate is almost necessary. in pirate, the game is still difficult, but you can solo the entire game. also, wiz has pet hatching which gets players to socialize, and it has (I'm going to get hate mail for this) a larger and more complex pvp, where 4v4 matches are very common. I also would like to say that due to wiz's updates, it's amount of content blows pirates out of the skyway. it has dozens of houses and hundreds of housing items, and double the worlds. this by no means is saying that wiz is better, but it currently has much more to offer.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
DrParrot on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
I loved the good old days of playing Wizard101. I was a wee young Life Wizard named Jack Summerblade. I never got hooked into the storyline of the game, except for Krokotopia and Mooshu. The gameplay was so much fun, but compared to Pirate101, I wouldn't even think about it. Pirate101 is great.
I expected more people saying pirate101, seeing how we're on the P101 message boards!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Well without questions asked both games are about equal to none knowing how awesome they are that's my opinion.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Wizard101 is very fine and I use to play it. :( So many friends over there that I left because I been focusing on pirate101 a little too much.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
I can't chose. Both games are beond fantastic, making it a harder desision

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Kai Alcott on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
I expected more people saying pirate101, seeing how we're on the P101 message boards!
Well, it's kind of like, we are offered a choice of Chocolate Mousse or Cherry Pie, both are so yummy, how do you choose? Sometimes I am in the mood for chocolate and sometimes I want some fruit but I don't want to dis my pie because I have been craving chocolate. They are both awesome in their own way.

Now if you were to weigh this luscious dessert to some of the other games out there, I would call some of them: lets say sauerkraut or greasy flaming hot chili that I can't eat for the pain. Then, no problem, I'll say the dessert every time.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
Well, it's kind of like, we are offered a choice of Chocolate Mousse or Cherry Pie, both are so yummy, how do you choose? Sometimes I am in the mood for chocolate and sometimes I want some fruit but I don't want to dis my pie because I have been craving chocolate. They are both awesome in their own way.

Now if you were to weigh this luscious dessert to some of the other games out there, I would call some of them: lets say sauerkraut or greasy flaming hot chili that I can't eat for the pain. Then, no problem, I'll say the dessert every time.
I think a better comparison would be Biscuits and Gravy (P101), and Tacos. (W101).
Biscuits and gravy are food for breakfast, Tacos are for dinner and lunch. Somehow, that connects to Wizard101 and Pirate101.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
I like both games, just about the same, P101 just a bit more though. Each game has flaws and strengths, and the two combined can make up for each flaw. For example, people are a lot more social on W101, and there are A LOT more people there. Some of them are a bit rude, so P101 can be a little bit of a break from that. When you do meet people on P101, most are really kind and polite.

What makes me like P101 more is the story. IMO, P101's story is a bit more straightforward, yet deep. In practically every world, you get little reminders of your what true goal is for the end of the world/questline/story. In W101, I mostly lost sight of what was trying to be accomplished. Sure, the story in W101 was really deep, and somewhat heartbreaking (I cried at the end of the Malistaire arc), but when Celestia came, I just couldn't remember what I was doing there. Having a Death in Azteca and a Balance in Zafaria, I usually say to myself, "why the heck am I doing this?" Most of the time, the quests seem to deviate a lot from the main goal, and I keep forgetting why exactly I was sent there. What really frustrated me was (W101 spoiler alert) how Malistaire HATED the player at the end of Azteca. He's angry at us for reuniting him with his wife, and most of my friends and I were convinced that he was pretty happy that he was with Sylvia. The fact that two points in the story CONTRADICT each other made me angry. Did the devs just forget about Dragonspyre? In P101 Marleybone, you can see that the devs REMEMBERED what exactly happened before you went there. (The war, and Rooke being angry at us for killing Deacon, etc.)

I'm sorry, if I go on, it will probably result in another angry rant about the story... (I'm running out of space too. )

(Dropping the signature... it's getting too annoying.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Kai Alcott on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
I think a better comparison would be Biscuits and Gravy (P101), and Tacos. (W101).
Biscuits and gravy are food for breakfast, Tacos are for dinner and lunch. Somehow, that connects to Wizard101 and Pirate101.
I love biscuits and grave for any meal.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Quick Pearl on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
I like both games, just about the same, P101 just a bit more though. Each game has flaws and strengths, and the two combined can make up for each flaw. For example, people are a lot more social on W101, and there are A LOT more people there. Some of them are a bit rude, so P101 can be a little bit of a break from that. When you do meet people on P101, most are really kind and polite.

What makes me like P101 more is the story. IMO, P101's story is a bit more straightforward, yet deep. In practically every world, you get little reminders of your what true goal is for the end of the world/questline/story. In W101, I mostly lost sight of what was trying to be accomplished. Sure, the story in W101 was really deep, and somewhat heartbreaking (I cried at the end of the Malistaire arc), but when Celestia came, I just couldn't remember what I was doing there. Having a Death in Azteca and a Balance in Zafaria, I usually say to myself, "why the heck am I doing this?" Most of the time, the quests seem to deviate a lot from the main goal, and I keep forgetting why exactly I was sent there. What really frustrated me was (W101 spoiler alert) how Malistaire HATED the player at the end of Azteca. He's angry at us for reuniting him with his wife, and most of my friends and I were convinced that he was pretty happy that he was with Sylvia. The fact that two points in the story CONTRADICT each other made me angry. Did the devs just forget about Dragonspyre? In P101 Marleybone, you can see that the devs REMEMBERED what exactly happened before you went there. (The war, and Rooke being angry at us for killing Deacon, etc.)

I'm sorry, if I go on, it will probably result in another angry rant about the story... (I'm running out of space too. )

(Dropping the signature... it's getting too annoying.)
Very well said and I heartily agree in every point.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
Very well said and I heartily agree in every point.
Me too because in Pirate101 the story is way more engaging and deep, like Pearl said. In Wizard101, the storyline is not as fun, and I get bored very quick. In Wizard101 I'm in Grizzleheim, and the scenery is nice, but the story could be better. In Pirate101 though, I got a kick out of the dialogue, and the battles are WAY better, instead of going 2-on-1 like in Wizard101. The quests are better because in Pirate101 you do all kinds of mischievous things, like spoiling the wedding, or Ratbeard's promo quest, while in Wizard101, all you do is beat dungeons and defeat bosses and enemies over and over and over. Probably the only good things are dressing up, pet derbies, and socializing (a thing text chatters are good at). Pirate101 keeps you busy and in the game. Sure, there are a lot of tough enemies and dungeons, but at least the combat is better! Good job, KingsIsle! You've really made a good game!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I can't say I love more one or the other. They both have upsides and downsides, they both have things that are very dear to me, and both are funny ( in my opinion) and a bit mischievous to. In pirate you don't seem as much of a hero in wizard but in wizard you don't get to do as much mischievous things since again you are a hero. And the mischievous things you do in wizard is you get to foil allot of plans. Mischievous in its own way. But if your forced me to say its pirate, mainly since my account in wizard got stolen. If that didn't happen it would be wizard, been there longer and holds more memories.

-jack nightgale lvl 61 buccaneer

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
I started off on Wizard101 and I saw a video of Pirate101 gameplay on YouTube and I thought the same thing; "This game doesn't look all that fun." However, I still gave it a shot by playing it myself... I this game!!! Anyways, I like both. They're both very different games created by the EMOSEWA (it's so "awesome" it's backwards) KingsIsle. They're both really good and they don't disappoint.