Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

pirate101 not for windows 8?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
my grandma recently wanted to play pirate101 but she has a brand new windows 8 computer ( she has a windows 7 netbook but it is slow and it has pirate101) so my question is "is Pirate101 for windows 8 thanks all

Administrator
Hi! You should have no trouble running Pirate101 on Windows 8 at all! our minimum requirements are listed here.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
I play Pirate on an older laptop and a newer desktop that have Windows 8. It runs fine although I did have problems when I updated to Win 8.1 on the laptop. This update has some new tablet related power saving features on it that can cause problems under certain circumstances. In my case, Pirate would freeze up after about 5 minutes of play. This was due to the network hardware going into sleep mode. I changed some settings related to this and it works again although I still have occasional lock-ups due to the video driver not being compatible with Windows 8. This shouldn't be an issue with a newer PC though.