Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bug or no Bug?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello KI administrators

I had a question concerning battle damage. I don't really think this is a bug but it is something that I have noticed and was curious about. My pirate is a level 65 buccaneer who is holding off on further questing to wait for new content- that way I don't waste XP. So I have mainly been spending time farming for good rare boss gear.

In seeking out several of the bosses on my list to farm, my travels take me back to some of the earlier game worlds. I have noticed that when in battle with many of the lower level bosses and some enemies that my pirate does not do as nearly as much damage as he does against enemies closer to his level. It mainly seem to happen when my pirate gets a critical strike (mostly epic and sometimes mega) and occasionally happens with my companions. When in Aquila fighting bosses and enemies if my pirate gets an epic hit on say a vengeance strike (also with other powers), he will do 200+ damage times four hits- damage totaling 800 -1000. However when going back to fight lower level bosses, the same exact epic strike will do 60-70 damage times 4 hits- damage totaling 240-280 damage.

Of course this doesn't at all effect the outcome of the battle being that my pirate is such a higher level. It happens pretty much in the majority of battles against lower level bosses and enemies, and as stated it occurs with my companions occasionally. I have noticed this in many early game worlds against various level enemies.

Like I said, I don't think this is a bug and doesn't effect the battle outcome, but I was curious as to whether any of the administrators have any insight on why this may occur. I was also interested to see if any other pirates experienced this or if it is just with my character.

Thanks KI

Administrator
No bug! Many bosses are capped at the amount of damage you can do to them in a single swing.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
No bug! Many bosses are capped at the amount of damage you can do to them in a single swing.
Ok Jack, thank ye kindly! Thought it may have something to do with that but was still curious to get the real scoop. Thanks again!