Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Subclass for Witchdocter

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 28, 2013
I am not sure which subclass is best for my withcdocter. Right now I am level 16 and I am currently training privateer. I am thinking about training muskeeter...but I don't want to waste my practice points. Do you guys think training muskeeter would be usefull?

Administrator
Personally I liked training the Musketeer trap on my Witchdoctor because the damage does take a bonus from your Will Score. I've had that little trap snap mobs for over 1000 damage.

I'm sure others can weigh in here beside me! *cues responses from awesome forum posters*

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Oh Jack, how wonderful of you to cue us in.

It's a very good idea to train from multiple classes, but first and foremost, get Rouse from Privateer. I'm supposing you've done that, so I'll be moving on.

I don't know about many others, but I'd also recommend training the Walk in Shadows from Swashbuckler. You'll have to spend that extra point getting back stab, which I don't think will be used a lot for a Witchdoctor, so feel free to object to this.

Musketeer, in my opinion, would be fitting. By using the shooty/staffy hybrid weapons, you can still get range, but I'm not sure if you can still hit multiple enemies at once with just a normal attack. The Musketeer powers that you get will mostly make up for it, depending on their range.

I think that your decision to train Musketeer is a good one.

~Quick Pearl

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
Personally I liked training the Musketeer trap on my Witchdoctor because the damage does take a bonus from your Will Score. I've had that little trap snap mobs for over 1000 damage.

I'm sure others can weigh in here beside me! *cues responses from awesome forum posters*
*Applaudes agreeably* I have had the same thing happen. That little trap can sure make a difference
Also you can check the bazaar for what the current staffy/whatever weapons are out there that you can grow into and what ever the strongest ones are, plan ahead and be trained for that for when you get old enough to use it.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012

oh most definitely jack, not to mention spookiness will make its damage more consistent and more overall. i train the trap on my witch too. good ideas

Captain
May 16, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
*Applaudes agreeably* I have had the same thing happen. That little trap can sure make a difference
Also you can check the bazaar for what the current staffy/whatever weapons are out there that you can grow into and what ever the strongest ones are, plan ahead and be trained for that for when you get old enough to use it.
Ah, yes, the double ~y weapons. When I first got to Marleybone, I discovered several double ~y weapons, such as the weapon I had called at one of the parties, the "Magical Umbrella of Doom"(I have no clue why I called it that ).

Anyway, after switching around the weapons, I came to Aquila, and I found an awesome shooty/staffy weapon that uses will. Why is it awesome? Well, for starters, it's both a staff and a gun. And also, the critical animation is just...Boss!

And so it came to happen that I started training Musketeer. And that has helped me get through Aquila.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012

hey jack have you ever been totally amazed by a damage you or your companion or someone else hit?

Administrator
Speed Switch on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
hey jack have you ever been totally amazed by a damage you or your companion or someone else hit?
Nausica thoroughly impressed me when I recently finished up Aquila on my Privateer!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
Nausica thoroughly impressed me when I recently finished up Aquila on my Privateer!
Nausica ..? no idea OOoohh... Her. well thats good to know and i don't have a doubt lol. i was most recently impressed with .. Kobe lol, he totally ...cheated....i think is the word

Because one of the Ophi's parting shot and immobilized him when i told him to move and attack the other snake, then he simply use range lol, he didnt move anymore so she couldnt parting shot him agian, and when i clicked on him to make him attack again, it didnt show a solid arrow, but rather the dotted line it shows for musketeer companions lol, it was hilarious! he executed his attacks perfectly until he eventually died and he became much more useful! lol i took some screen shots of evidence and i really didn't expect him to do that

Since i am pretty sure this is a bug or glitch, i think you guys should simply take advantage of it and make it so someone can do this - swap from melee to range or vise versa - power in the future, it would be cool

Ensign
Sep 28, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm gonna keep training privateer and consider muskeeter too. I think I'll farm for some no auction gear, so I can use walk in shadows too.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
train all of privateer first
then all of swashbuckler
then all of musketeer
hope this helped you because it seems to work for me

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009

Well thank you, Mr. Jack!

Musketeer is always a good route to go, because they have their ranged powers and traps, but I would have to say Privateers, because their heals and bombs barrages can also get very powerful from the large amount of will of a Witchdoctor.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
I personally trained in the passive talents that don't clog up my powers list on my Witchdoctor. Most of the powers you get from the other schools you can farm for gear that gives the 3rd tier of that same power, so I don't see a point to spend a valuable practice point on them. Also, I recommend getting the Naturally Spooky origin on Witchdoctors as this will increase your power cards' damage overall.

Buccaneer:
Smashy Weapons 1
Big Choppy Weapons 1
Armored 1
Smashy Weapons 2
Armored 2
- Got this for the additional 8 armor.

Muskteer:
Shooty Weapons 1
Accurate 1
Shooty Weapons 2
Accurate 2
- Got this for +5 accuracy increase.
After reading One-Eyed Jack's reply, I have to agree with him and suggest training the trap as well.

Privateer:
Light Armor 1
Slashy Weapons 1
Tough 1
Pirate 1
Elusive 1
Slashy Weapons 2
Tough 2
Pirate 2
Elusive 2
- Got this for the elusive ability which increases your dodge when your health falls below 50%. Very useful especially for Witchdoctors, as well the increase health from tough is a nice bonus.