Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Continuing without promoting

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 22, 2012
Do you guys think that it's possible to advance through the entire game without ANY promotions?
If yes, why? If no, why? (BTW the name I use for the forums is a a name of a character I don't use anymore)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean promoting your companions? If that is what you mean then I have heard of others doing this by timing when they get their quest companions and keeping them on the top rows of their companion list. But I think it is much more fun to promote them as they get great new skills in the process that really comes in handy in the higher levels.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean promoting your companions? If that is what you mean then I have heard of others doing this by timing when they get their quest companions and keeping them on the top rows of their companion list. But I think it is much more fun to promote them as they get great new skills in the process that really comes in handy in the higher levels.
You didn't answer my question, do you think it's possible to complete the game without promoting the companions?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Alexander Percy on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
You didn't answer my question, do you think it's possible to complete the game without promoting the companions?
Yes I did. I said I have read of others on her doing the game without promoting. They time their side quests to and use the newest companion that is now a higher level as their first mate and they manage to do it. Re-read what I said, a bit slower and you will see what I mean.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Hi

I think it is possible, you level them up so they get stronger, but you miss things like extra relentless or vengeance strike, riposte etc etc, and you miss the awesome looks of your companions when they promote, like Ratbeard, he looks awesome after his last promo, also bonnie, and kan po, and, and, and, everyone!

Blaze