Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Much Too Much Mojo Echo

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I just got the white amulet from the Tengu who turned himself into a helephant.

I lost two companions and nearly was defeated myself.

Why? Not only was it four against three, the three other Tengu used no fewer than 30 Mojo Echos on us. THIRTY!!

Often, they got three in a row. Oh, come ON!!! Even at top level, none of my companions ever got two Burst Fires, Relentlesses, or Mojo Echos. Where do these guys get off not only outnumbering us but out powering us?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Max DeGroot on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
I just got the white amulet from the Tengu who turned himself into a helephant.

I lost two companions and nearly was defeated myself.

Why? Not only was it four against three, the three other Tengu used no fewer than 30 Mojo Echos on us. THIRTY!!

Often, they got three in a row. Oh, come ON!!! Even at top level, none of my companions ever got two Burst Fires, Relentlesses, or Mojo Echos. Where do these guys get off not only outnumbering us but out powering us?
I have an Inoshishi Necromancer Pig that triple echo's all the time. So does his crown shop brother. My Scratchy triple echo's for me too. We get our punch in too.

Developer
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, I don't know, I thought it was... interesting! I don't mind being surprised in such a way, as then I have to focus and think. Kind of hard on my people, but certainly eye-opening. You can bet I paid a lot more attention to mojo echo for my witchdoctors after that .

And, we are supposed to be heroes, after all, and often that means going up against daunting odds. Tengus are pretty tricky (and sometimes nasty) figures in Japanese folk lore, so them being a little extra tricky makes sense.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Ratbeard on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
Because you (and your chosen companions) have low Will. Use different companions.

Here's a very good guide from over at Central:

http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?43064-Don-t-Stand-So-Close-to-Me-Guide-to-Defeating-Witchdoctor-Enemies&highlight=guide+witchdoctor
THANK YOU!!!

I did not know that Will had such an effect.

Is there some place where each of the attributes (agility, strength, will, spooky. lucky, dodgy, armor, lucky, tough, rough, etc.) is examined detailing what each does to a player or companion both offensively and defensively?

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Max DeGroot on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
THANK YOU!!!

I did not know that Will had such an effect.

Is there some place where each of the attributes (agility, strength, will, spooky. lucky, dodgy, armor, lucky, tough, rough, etc.) is examined detailing what each does to a player or companion both offensively and defensively?
Yes, Max. Ratbeard, who designed the P101 land combat system (with help I imagine), just turned you on to a site that is full of such dissertation. Another that Ratbeard has written articles for is Duelist 101. Read the thread he put the link toward. I put information in there myself as well. Then check out the other player guides on those sites as you get time to do so.