Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best Crown Shop Companion?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Hi! I was wondering what's the best Crown Shop Companion for somebody that's a Swashbuckler and in Mooshu!

Dreaming Jill Underwood level 43

Ensign
Dec 31, 2011
Puppylove1021 on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Hi! I was wondering what's the best Crown Shop Companion for somebody that's a Swashbuckler and in Mooshu!

Dreaming Jill Underwood level 43
Gerard would definitely be the best crown shop companion to buy. If you decide to use him then tell me how he turned out. Just a little extra to say though, he looks awesome, he is strong, hes tough, he gets a lot of health, he does his epic, mega, and super moves more often then others, and he has really cool attacks.

Paul Level 58

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Gamester999 on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
Gerard would definitely be the best crown shop companion to buy. If you decide to use him then tell me how he turned out. Just a little extra to say though, he looks awesome, he is strong, hes tough, he gets a lot of health, he does his epic, mega, and super moves more often then others, and he has really cool attacks.

Paul Level 58
I might consider you. His promotion levels? I'm guessing he's the same as Sarah Steele.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2012
Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
CaptainJack74011 on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
Iago FTW!

Mason Brewster-lvl 65
His normal damage?

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
The Moo Shu 5 starter companion clones are the best crown shop crew in my opinion. They have the most epic talents, and get more normal talents than most. Keisuke Yagi is the best assassin. Wu Tang can boost accuracy. They all have their strengths.
The Kracken Skulls 5 (including Barnabus' clone) are the next best.
The Presidio 5 clones are the next best. Be advised that Jack Russel in the crowns shop is inferior to the Presidio Lucky Jack Russel.
The next best are the Aquila and Marleybone issue crew clones
All of these get more regular talents than most of the other crowns shop crewmen.
Honorable mention goes to Goronado, who may be short on talents, but is amazing for a buccaneer or witchdoctor anyway.
Consider what hole you need the new crewman to fill in your lineup versus the strengths of the available companions when you decide.

Finally, I urge you to wait until you max out your pirate's level before buying any crowns shop companions or picking up any side quest companions. This will save you a boatload of gold in training tomes and the new crewmen will be higher level than you will be able to train them up to with books until the new content is released.