Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

how do i get more nautical exp? please help

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
im in mooshu right now and a lvl 44 but im only a lvl 31 in nautical lvl. i have done allot of side quests that give me more exp for it but that does not seem to work. i also fight ships to gain more exp but that also doesnt seem to work. do any of you have ANY tips to help me gain nautical lvl's. the reason im trying really hard to do this is because i just bought a mooshu galleon (42 not 50) and i want to buy more stuff for it. all i have is cannons (cool ranch), the ice dude horn, and cool ranch anchors. ill take any tips for helping me to lvl up.
i tried
1 side quests
2 farming ships for nautical exp
please help i need the new gear because im going to subuta skyway soon and ill need good gear to fight the ships

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
If you can get some friends in Mooshu, or even just random people in ships, to attack ships as a fleet, you can rack up a lot of nautical xp in a shorter time than trying to farm them solo. If you are in the proper area for your level or higher that is best. I think you also get nautical xp if you are in your own ship and attack animals, like the goldfish. Gold drops from that are not bad either.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Get a couple of friends and pick on some bosses. They will give you drops that can't be bought anywhere. But to first get your new ship loaded up, just attack the guys that match your ship type, then you will get drops for your ship that beat anything the vendors can sell you. The best way, by far is to check the fan sites and join in with the nautical xp fleet sinking parties. They are an absolute blast, watching them clear the skies of ships again and again, never gets tiring. . Plus, it is so safe, not only is all the extra help keep you from taking on hardly any damage, sometimes you are lucky to get in one shot before the ship is sunk, so it keeps you on your toes. Sometimes the sinking fleet is so powerful we impose a one-shot rule on ourselves to allow or everyone to get into the fight before the ship is decimated. . Really great way to send your xp through the roof, guaranteed.

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
I agree with Chrissy and Finch. The best way to dispatch enemies in a relatively short period of time is to join up with friends or other players and form a wolfpack flotilla. Some players will just take shots at ships that other players are attacking to earn Nautical XP on the cheap.

It doesn't bother me if someone fires at a ship I am firing on (saves me time and cannonballs), but other players can get pretty testy.

Taking on enemies ship to ship is a time consuming proposition at best and there are some severe trade-offs.

You will gain Nautical XP when you beat your enemies, but you will have to decide what is your other priority. Blasting ships out of the sky won't get you as much gold but the salvage will earn you the occasional ship upgrade. Boarding ships won't get you any upgrades, but you will most certainly earn more gold from treasure chests and item drops.

The downside is downtime. After you scuttle a ship, you only have to worry about recovering ship health while you are anchored at a wind lane, but you will have to take time out to recover your own health (or maybe revive a crew member) and recover ship health after a successful boarding run.

Ensign
Aug 23, 2009
Either find friends to help, or go to common areas where others are ship battling for quests or loot. As a group you will earn more quicker. I know myself and others will hit random skyways and help out others with sinking ships for fun. Hope to see you there.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
im in mooshu right now and a lvl 44 but im only a lvl 31 in nautical lvl. i have done allot of side quests that give me more exp for it but that does not seem to work. i also fight ships to gain more exp but that also doesnt seem to work. do any of you have ANY tips to help me gain nautical lvl's. the reason im trying really hard to do this is because i just bought a mooshu galleon (42 not 50) and i want to buy more stuff for it. all i have is cannons (cool ranch), the ice dude horn, and cool ranch anchors. ill take any tips for helping me to lvl up.
i tried
1 side quests
2 farming ships for nautical exp
please help i need the new gear because im going to subuta skyway soon and ill need good gear to fight the ships
thx for all the help. i did the fleet sinking party's and that helped allot. im the required lvl now all thx to you guys. thx again.

-jack nightgale lvl 45 duke of Hannibal