Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Underleveled?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Hullo I literary just got to Mooshu last night, still have yet to do combat quests. However, I've noticed that most things are 40+ only, as well as most of friends. I'm only level 37. So, should I stop and do some side quests?

Ivette Xavier, Witchdoctor (37)

PS. On completely unrelated note, what is the two letter abbreviation for Montaqusta?

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
Haley MoonHeart on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
Hullo I literary just got to Mooshu last night, still have yet to do combat quests. However, I've noticed that most things are 40+ only, as well as most of friends. I'm only level 37. So, should I stop and do some side quests?

Ivette Xavier, Witchdoctor (37)

PS. On completely unrelated note, what is the two letter abbreviation for Montaqusta?
I got to Mooshu at level 36! I'm now level 38. The battles have been fairly difficult for me so far. But, I've only done about 4 and for a couple of them it gave me "The Lousy Companions". But, if your having trouble, I would recommend doing some sidequests. Or maybe try to pvp. I know that wont increase your level like enough sidequests would but it may help with your battle strategy. Hope this helped!

Rachel - Level 38
P.S. I'm assuming you mean Monquista? If so, I believe the abbreviation is MQ but I'm not entirely sure... Hmmm! I'm stumped now!!! I'm pretty sure MQ is it though...

Ensign
Jul 21, 2012
Hi, congrats on getting to Mooshu! Your level does seem to be under leveled. You should do some side quests. If you do a lot, you'll be a much higher level than your opponents, making Mooshu a breeze.

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
I remember getting to Mooshu around a few levels higher than average. I still had trouble with the mobs despite leveling up all my companions and promoting them, as well as upgrading my gear.

Here's some neat strategies for handling the mobs in Mooshu - if you haven't been doing this already. Try eliminating one enemy than just aiming for all of them at once. Aim for the Musketeers first, especially the ones with Burst Fire and Double Tap.

When in boss battles, I find that eliminating all the minions before moving on the boss helps a bunch. Unless it's a 'defeat only the boss' battle. Poisoning, AoE spells/attacks such as Dance of Steel, Mojo Strike/Burst and Bombs/Traps help a bunch too! Try using these attacks first when you're in a battle.

If you find yourself and your companions getting low on health, heal. I know several people who would let their companion die just because they'd rather spend their turn 'attacking the enemy' than 'healing up their companion.' Don't heal your companion if they're weak or not useful to the fight though, now that's called wasting your turn!

I wouldn't recommend using Swashbuckler companions a lot in Mooshu. If you would like too, I recommend El Toro and Monkey King once you get him. I find that battles in Mooshu tend to take a lot of time, and Swashbuckler companions are very squishy and die fairly quick. They might seem to pack a mean blow, but having companions who can withstand several rounds and still deal nice damage is much more beneficial.

Hope you enjoy your time in Mooshu!