Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What inspired you Jack?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
(A question for Jack. If you don't wanna answer Jack that's fine you're probably busy.) But anyways. Jack. I have a question for you. What inspired you to work for Pirate101 and Wizard101? (I said Wizard in case if you work on that game too.) Was there someone in your life that made you want to work for a game company? Also for everyone have a happy and safe fourth of July! Especially you KI company! You made Pirates very fun to play.

Sneaky Jonathan L40

Administrator
Hey! Thanks for the question, and yes, happy 4th to those who celebrate it!

I come from the Wizard101 Community myself. I ran the first Wizard101-only blog, and in fact a lot of players used to call me the Grandfather of Wizard101 blogging. I loved playing Wizard101 so much that KingsIsle even hired me to be in a commercial about it. Soon after the commercial, I was invited to play in the Pirate101 Alpha, and a week after that I received a call from Fred Howard who said that the Pirate101 Community Manger position was available . . . and if I wanted it, come and get it! (I had applied for several jobs at KingsIsle and never quite fit the job until the Pirate101 Community Manager position opened up.)

It was a difficult choice moving my family 1,000 miles away, but one that my family was very supportive of. What inspires me, is all of you and the fact that my family loves the games that KingsIsle makes. These days I spend most of my time playing Pirate101, but I do have a max level Necromancer (and several other characters between the levels of 50-70) in Wizard101. At work, I mostly focus on Pirate101, but it is a real honor when one of the Wizard101 team comes to me with a game-related question that I'm able to answer.

Thanks to everyone for making these forums a safe and fun place to visit. Keep up the good work!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 29, 2011
Jack if your not too busy, could you tell me what class you are?

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
Hello, my rabbit friend,
I have some questions that I am really puzzled about.
1. What happened to your eye? Did you loose it in a fight?
2. Where did you get your awesome coat!? I want one of those! o:
3. Do you like Trix Cereal? Or do children say "Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids!" ?
4. Do you have a ship?
5. Do you think when I am older, will I get a job at KingsIsle Incorporated?
6. When did you open your tavern?
7. Will you ever come online and meet your fans?
8. Were you always a pirate?
9. Why am I still asking questions?
10. Will you answer me?
Jacob

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:

I come from the Wizard101 Community myself. I ran the first Wizard101-only blog, and in fact a lot of players used to call me the Grandfather of Wizard101 blogging. I loved playing Wizard101 so much that KingsIsle even hired me to be in a commercial about it. Soon after the commercial, I was invited to play in the Pirate101 Alpha, and a week after that I received a call from Fred Howard who said that the Pirate101 Community Manger position was available . . . and if I wanted it, come and get it! (I had applied for several jobs at KingsIsle and never quite fit the job until the Pirate101 Community Manager position opened up.)

It was a difficult choice moving my family 1,000 miles away, but one that my family was very supportive of. What inspires me, is all of you and the fact that my family loves the games that KingsIsle makes. These days I spend most of my time playing Pirate101, but I do have a max level Necromancer (and several other characters between the levels of 50-70) in Wizard101. At work, I mostly focus on Pirate101, but it is a real honor when one of the Wizard101 team comes to me with a game-related question that I'm able to answer.

Thanks to everyone for making these forums a safe and fun place to visit. Keep up the good work!
P.S. what was that blog called and where the heck is it now

Administrator
Hi! Well, my personal character list is as follows:

65 Witchdoctor
51 Privateer
24 Buccaneer
11 Musketeer
8 Swashbuckler

I have dreams of leveling them all to max level some day!

As far as One-Eyed Jack himself . . . hmm, I'll have to see what Blind Mew says! For now I'd say his class is, "barkeep."

Administrator
Whew! Sounds like I need to confer with Blind Mew on a few of those! Let me answer the ones I can!

5- Be sure to catch our latest blog post on the KingsIsle Blog today! There's some advice for future KingsIsle employees.

7- I did recently chat with Beau from Massively and we did draw a little bit of a crowd from the community in game. Thanks to those who made an appearance!

Administrator
Although I don't get an opportunity to post as much as I used to: The Friendly Necromancer.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Hey, Jack! I guess I can bug you from here. *poke*

From following TFN for a while and getting to constantly annoy you through my fan-fiction submissions, I wondered how much of things you processed every day. Could you give us a good picture of how much of what gets done? Also, how do you like your coffee? I supposed you'd need some, considering how busy you are.

Keep up the great work!

Destiny Devereaux

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:

65 Witchdoctor
51 Privateer
24 Buccaneer
11 Musketeer
8 Swashbuckler

As far as One-Eyed Jack himself . . . hmm, I'll have to see what Blind Mew says! For now I'd say his class is, "barkeep."
i got a questions for you:
Which class if your favorite?
Which class did you start with first?
Is KI going to take the ideas that people have been asking for and put it in the next update?
Is KI also going to take a consideration of creating a new class or will it be a side class like they had in W101 (sun, moon, and star class).
I always dream of working with big game companys like KI or EA because i luv their games like P101, W101, and Sims, but i mostly want to work in KI (EA is second chose) but i know by now once i get out of college and everything i would miss out helping with the games that i loved to play with. I would really like to help out on games like P101 or any others that KI has in mind. (it would be my dream come true if that happened) .
Krystal Everhard Lvl.64

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Although I don't get an opportunity to post as much as I used to: The Friendly Necromancer.
You're The Friendly Necromancer?! I went on your blog a lot. So that explains why it sounds familiar that you moved miles away from your family. You also said it on your blog.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Jack, I was wondering. Do you have to be an expert on computers to join KI? Are there any other job openings in KI where you could take different Majors in collage, still be a employee, help progress the company, and help aid in the game's on-going story (maybe to a new game like Warrior101) without having to get all technical? (I don't do too well reprogramming computers *crash!* )

Administrator
DS Devereaux on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
Hey, Jack! I guess I can bug you from here. *poke*

From following TFN for a while and getting to constantly annoy you through my fan-fiction submissions, I wondered how much of things you processed every day. Could you give us a good picture of how much of what gets done? Also, how do you like your coffee? I supposed you'd need some, considering how busy you are.

Keep up the great work!

Destiny Devereaux
Hmmm . . . hard question to answer, but let's say I'm never going to get unburied. (Both subtracted and added another thing to my to do list while typing this). I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I do have a weakness for cream soda!

Administrator
Rosabellexoxo on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
i got a questions for you:
Which class if your favorite?
Which class did you start with first?
Is KI going to take the ideas that people have been asking for and put it in the next update?
Is KI also going to take a consideration of creating a new class or will it be a side class like they had in W101 (sun, moon, and star class).
I always dream of working with big game companys like KI or EA because i luv their games like P101, W101, and Sims, but i mostly want to work in KI (EA is second chose) but i know by now once i get out of college and everything i would miss out helping with the games that i loved to play with. I would really like to help out on games like P101 or any others that KI has in mind. (it would be my dream come true if that happened) .
Krystal Everhard Lvl.64
1- All classes have something cool about them that I like! I want to play them all to the level cap.

2- Witchdoctor (even in Alpha I played a Witchdoctor first).

3- We definitely are influenced by all the suggestions people make. We may not use them directly as written, but as far as I'm concerned, I feel our fans are our greatest source of inspiration!

4- It's hard to say, and that's most likely a question for Ratbeard or Blind Mew, but there currently are no plans for adding a new class to the game.

5- It's great to hear you'd love to work at KingsIsle! Keep following your dreams, work hard, and you'll be sure to make a difference!

Administrator
Bloody Belle on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Jack, I was wondering. Do you have to be an expert on computers to join KI? Are there any other job openings in KI where you could take different Majors in collage, still be a employee, help progress the company, and help aid in the game's on-going story (maybe to a new game like Warrior101) without having to get all technical? (I don't do too well reprogramming computers *crash!* )
Definitely a solid knowledge of how to operate a computer is needed for any job here, but not all jobs will require you to know computer programming! Take a moment to read through a few of our job listings, and you'll get a good idea of what's required.

Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011

65 Witchdoctor
51 Privateer
24 Buccaneer
11 Musketeer
8 Swashbuckler

I see you picked each class, can you tell us which one is your favorite

Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
i'm just wondering do you get to pick your story character or does some one give you yours

Administrator
bloody Cass on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I see you picked each class, can you tell us which one is your favorite
Which ever class I'm playing at the moment! (but all the cool kids play Witchdoctors )

Administrator
bloody Cass on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
i'm just wondering do you get to pick your story character or does some one give you yours
Heya! I talk a bit about that over on another thread. Here's a link.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Which ever class I'm playing at the moment! (but all the cool kids play Witchdoctors )
Woo! Witch doctors! Even though I'm a Musketeer.... But my secondary for her is Witchdoctor, and I have a Wtchdoctor I'm working on! -gets whacked by Eagilles' spear- OUCH! I deserved that.

Ciao!

Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Heya! I talk a bit about that over on another thread. Here's a link.
thanks

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Oh yes, Jack, if you had to pick any other character for your screen name, who would it be and why?

Ciao!

Administrator
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Oh yes, Jack, if you had to pick any other character for your screen name, who would it be and why?

Ciao!
Well, I think it would have to be Iago. He's the closest thing to a Death Unicorn that Pirate101 has. I talked one of the artists who sits behind me at work into taking on the steed's persona in my stead.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Question for jack may be a little weird but where is kingisle studios because I wanna work for ki one day btw I heard it was in Austin? but if it is do you ever see tornadoes sorry but it is a weird question
Dante

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:

Are you allowed to play pirate101 at all ?, well i get a chance to see you in game ?